What's new

Six elderly people in China kill themselves 'before burial ban'

For your information, even our beloved PM Zhou Enlai chose his body cremated.

I think now all of Chinese leaders chose their bodies cremated except a few like Mao, and Hua.

Thank you @ephone for your response. Yes you bring a good point about the issue of overpopulation and arable land. For me, its just that the issue of family tomb is important. In Japan, when the body is cremated, the ashes are added into the family tomb. The act of putting the ashes of your loved one into the family tomb is called Noukotsu, its a Buddhist burial ceremony. All my ancestors are in one tomb, and when I pass away, i hope my children will also put me in my family tomb as well.

Here is a video of a Noukotsu ceremony:

Noukotsu: Japanese Buddhist Burial Ceremony for my Grandma (Part 4) - YouTube

For your information, even our beloved PM Zhou Enlai chose his body cremated.

I think now all of Chinese leaders chose their bodies cremated except a few like Mao, and Hua.

Yes, even His Imperial Majesty Emperor Akihito and Her Imperial Majesty Empress Michiko also stated that they will observe traditional Shinto Buddhist funerary rites and be cremated. The ashes will then be placed in the Imperial Tomb.

PM Zhou's ashes are dispersed over the sea. That is his wish.

For others, there are no tombs to go to either.

Yes, even His Imperial Majesty Emperor Akihito and Her Imperial Majesty Empress Michiko also stated that they will observe traditional Shinto Buddhist funerary rites and be cremated. The ashes will then be placed in the Imperial Tomb.

PM Zhou's ashes are dispersed over the sea. That is his wish.

For others, there are no tombs to go to either.

There is beauty in that. The fate of one man's life is like dew.

To quote Toyotomi Hideyoshi's haiku:

My life
came like dew
disappears like dew.
All of Naniwa
is dream after dream.

Back
Top Bottom