What's new

Situation for travel to Pakistan from Uk

Hi. Please Help

Whats situation when fly from England to Pakistan? Do you need coronavirus test certificate? Thinking to use Qatar Airways with detour in Doha. I believe Qatar Airways does not want certificate but Pakistan immigration might?

For my uncle he has valid British passport and expired Pakistan one. Nadra card is valid too.

Anyone been or know someone from UK that has recently gone or will go soon.

Cheers
No covid testing required or mandatory to land in pakistan however recommend that you should get one done for the sake of others around you

I think going out of Pakistan with Turkish airlines you require a test, however coming from lets say USA to Pakistan, you don't need a test. My friend just traveled that way.

You are correct. What you also find is its an ever changing situation. In the UK - you get daily updates on which country you are and not ok to have a test. There is are also a list of countries where if one is returning from - one must isolate for 14 days.

I think going out of Pakistan with Turkish airlines you require a test, however coming from lets say USA to Pakistan, you don't need a test. My friend just traveled that way.
Yes, that would fit in with my experiance. When I went I did not require a test. However on my return a test was required.

They do.

Not if you are prepared to give Rs25,000 in which case they will turn a blind eye. This is from experiance when I left Islamabad in early August on Turkish Airlines to UK via Istanbul.

Well that’s the greatnesses of our nation where money talks.

This is messed up, don’t even know if Pakistan results would be provided in time and if it’s safe in regards to their sterilization procedures.

You need to go to whose medical Labs only which are recommended by the Specific airlines. I am going on Ettihad and they only accept results from Agha Khan, Chughtai, Islamabad Lab and Shoukat Khanum with in 96 hours. You will get these info on their website as well.

"Pakistan makes coronavirus tests mandatory for international travellers"

Is this true? Uncle going in less two weeks on British Airways, so has plenty of time to get test. I take it free nhs test results is not valid?

"Pakistan makes coronavirus tests mandatory for international travellers"

Is this true? Uncle going in less two weeks on British Airways, so has plenty of time to get test. I take it free nhs test results is not valid?

I think for British Airways it is not mandatory yet. I am in Pakistan now and have not seen any such news. You can use NHS results as it is valid for all airlines.

Govt issues detailed SOPs for foreign visitors including mandatory Covid test

Visitors can provide 'travellers contact information' via Pass Track Application to speed up process

October 01, 2020

A total of 36 countries have been exempted from mandatory Covid-19 testing. PHOTO: FILE

A total of 36 countries have been exempted from mandatory Covid-19 testing.

The National Health Ministry has issued standard operating procedures (SOPs) for international travellers entering Pakistan in a bid to curb the spread of Covid-19, which include mandatory test for the novel coronavirus.

According to information available on the ministry's website, the international travellers will be required to provide negative Covid-19 (RT-PCR) test “that has to be taken within 96 hours of the travel date”.

The new measures which will be effective from October 5 also asked visitors to provide traveller contact information through — The PassTrack mobile app or an accessible web-based form.

The official website said the mobile app will speed up arrival process in Pakistan and visitors will have to spend less time with immigration and public health officers.

The mobile app will enable the travellers to provide the authorities voluntary updates and the development of any virus symptoms during the 14 days after arriving in Pakistan.

However, a total of 36 countries have been exempted from mandatory Covid-19 testing which include China, Turkey, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Canada among others.

The list of countries will be updated on a fortnightly basis by the federal health ministry “based on disease burden of Covid-19”.

“This list will be next reviewed on 8th October,” the statement on website added.

I think for British Airways it is not mandatory yet. I am in Pakistan now and have not seen any such news. You can use NHS results as it is valid for all airlines.

Situation has changed now want covid test results after 5th oct. Not sure if nhs results are valid, they only send a text detailing results. They do mention full name and date of birth on text, so that might make it valid evidence.

Situation has changed now want covid test results after 5th oct. Not sure if nhs results are valid, they only send a text detailing results. They do mention full name and date of birth on text, so that might make it valid evidence.
Please check with the airline, if they accept it? do keep us in the loop. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom