What's new

Singapore Malaysia HSR cancelled

The initial investment in a hsr line is very difficult to recoup.
And the power consumption at high speeds makes even operational profits difficult, unless the load is good and the fares are on the higher side. Parallely non transport revenue in the form of shopping complexes , advertisement, etc form a large part of the revenue stream.

In China only the Beijing Shanghai route is profitable out of hundreds of routes. The operation has to be subsidized to be run.

"In China only the Beijing Shanghai route is profitable out of hundreds of routes. The operation has to be subsidized to be run."

Depending how you calculate it's profitable or not. We don't calculate just its income and expense.
For the railway department, HSRs are mostly not profitable, but the deficit is lessening every year, Govt can balance the finance. For persons, they save time and increase effectiveness; for cities along the routes the cities transportation improve, investment environment improve; for the whole country HSR system enchance the strategy potentiality.
BTW, till to 2021, 6 routes are profitable reported: BJ-SH, BJ-TJ, WH-GZ, SH-HZ, SH-NJ, GZ-SZ.

Affirmative action. The reality is its more dangerous to allow minority to control majority. Plenty of countries like Rwanda, Syria etc, where anger led to massacres. Are ethnic chinese in Malaysia left penny less? Soo policy might not be fair, but better then bloody revolts. Hopefully policy will be rolled back in future. UK is interesting. Still alot of covert discrimination, not just by white employers, but Indians the got into good positions will deny other minorities a fair shot.

Just image a non Chinese group dominating chinese society. Chinese have a history of that right? What were the peoples responses?!

Corruption is widespread across the world. Love of money is universal.
"Just image a non Chinese group dominating chinese society. Chinese have a history of that right? What were the peoples responses?!"
Chinese society was not dominated by a non Chinese group in history. We don't know how to imagine.

Bet they prefer quality and will go with Japan or Europeans . Why choose copies when originals are available.
I bet you never take HSR in your real life. China HSR is much more superior and stable than Japanese one.
Check youtube, quora for comparison.

India choose Japan since 2014, 6 years later, not an inch of HSR built. I bet India will not have HSR before 2040. While China has 35000 km HSR already.

The gap between China and India is bigger and bigger, so desperate.

"Just image a non Chinese group dominating chinese society. Chinese have a history of that right? What were the peoples responses?!"
Chinese society was not dominated by a non Chinese group in history. We don't know how to imagine.

Mongols and Century of humiliation.

The initial Chinese arrived in Malay peninsula back in thousands years ago, even earlier than ethnic Malay.
Ethnic Malay actually are same as Chinese, are immigrations to Malay peninsula.

The indigenous Malay are Orang Asli

What kind of affirmative actions discriminate minority and favor majority? If this is called affirmative, then US should discriminate BLACK even more.

What kind of affirmative actions ban Chinese education and culture officially? Can Pakistan and UK do that?

What kind of affirmative actions ban Chinese in civil service and military?

If this is called affirmative actions , then Hindutva is doing affirmative actions.

Fortunately "no re-education camps" have been set up. As I said policy needs to be withdrawn, but it has prevented large scale genocide and now needs to be changed. I wanted to concentrate on Malaysia, but look at China. Not an utopia for minorities. Minorities are constantly seen as a threat, even though they have no political, financial and military power.

I bet you never take HSR in your real life. China HSR is much more superior and stable than Japanese one.
Check youtube, quora for comparison.

India choose Japan since 2014, 6 years later, not an inch of HSR built. I bet India will not have HSR before 2040. While China has 35000 km HSR already.

The gap between China and India is bigger and bigger, so desperate.
Actually the first trip i took was from shanghai to ningbo a long time back. And then a few more trips in China.
In 2019 i tried the shinkansen for the first time. I had a JR pass , so unlimited hsr trips for a week.
The trains are nice. The people even better.
If you have tried the 2 above , the shinkansen has good leg space , even for a tall person like me.
In China i had the last seat in one trip , with 4 people facing each other. That was uncomfortable but other trips were fine.

Japan and India signed the hsr agreement in 2016 and not much to show on the ground. Land procurement is a big bottleneck. Too many court cases and political shenanigans.
China manages to procure land without any trouble. How do you manage it ?....

Fortunately "no re-education camps" have been set up. As I said policy needs to be withdrawn, but it has prevented large scale genocide and now needs to be changed. I wanted to concentrate on Malaysia, but look at China. Not an utopia for minorities. Minorities are constantly seen as a threat, even though they have no political, financial and military power.
Back to Malay then.

My last argument. You seems do not know Malaysia history much. Chinese was not minority, Malay was not majority at all in the first place when Federation of Malaya founded.

In 1963, Malaysia was formed when the federation united with the Singapore, North Borneo, and Sarawak Crown Colonies, the Chinese is the majority.

It was the biggest mistakes for the ethnic Chinese, they should choose Singapore, instead of second class citizens in Malaysia. A majority being discriminated in constitution at home, this is called affirmative actions. How irony.

Without colonial British's help. Chinese won't be oppressed and should had their own country like Singapore, or formed a federation with Singapore instead of Malaysia.

The Chinese arrived in Malay peninsula earlier than ethnic Malay, this is their land, their home too. Chinese in Malay peninsula are Palestinians in Israel to some extent.

Two countries solution is better for both.

1609862473250.png

1609902579298.png

Last edited:
Mongols and Century of humiliation.
It's Yuan dynasty official name not what Mongol Kingdom or something.
The first Yuan emperor issued govern bases: inherit former dyansties system; write official historical annals for latest former Song dynasty, Jin dynasty ( this is continuous tradition ); Yuan next emperors worship Confucius as Saint. China was governed the ethnic minority not non Chinese group.
Century Humiliation means China lost all protecting states like Korea, Vietnam, Burma, Ryukyu...; China lost a lot of wars; China lost lots of territory and develop rights. Non Chinese group dominated Chinese society. Qing dynasty, to Republic China, to People Republic of China...

Actually the first trip i took was from shanghai to ningbo a long time back. And then a few more trips in China.
In 2019 i tried the shinkansen for the first time. I had a JR pass , so unlimited hsr trips for a week.
The trains are nice. The people even better.
If you have tried the 2 above , the shinkansen has good leg space , even for a tall person like me.
In China i had the last seat in one trip , with 4 people facing each other. That was uncomfortable but other trips were fine.

Japan and India signed the hsr agreement in 2016 and not much to show on the ground. Land procurement is a big bottleneck. Too many court cases and political shenanigans.
China manages to procure land without any trouble. How do you manage it ?....
If you pay the same price of shinkansen, you have space and seat in China HSR business class

like this.
1609863396322.png

1609863470568.png

Even first class is way cheaper and more comfortable than Japan shinkansen
1609863755141.png

China HSR is much more stable than Japan shinkansen because of new technologies applied.
1609863800346.png

Don't know which kind of HSR you took in China, there are many kinds of, from 380km speed, to 200 km, different speed, quality and pricing.

Back to Malay then.

My last argument. You seems do not know Malaysia history much. Chinese was not minority, Malay was not majority at all in the first place when Federation of Malaya founded.

In 1963, Malaysia was formed when the federation united with the Singapore, North Borneo, and Sarawak Crown Colonies, the Chinese is the majority.

It was the biggest mistakes for the ethnic Chinese, they should choose Singapore, instead of second class citizens in Malaysia. A majority being discriminated in constitution at home, this is called affirmative actions. How irony.

Without colonial British's help. Chinese won't be oppressed and should had their own country like Singapore, or formed a federation with Singapore instead of Malaysia.

The Chinese arrived in Malay peninsula earlier than ethnic Malay, this is their land, their home too. Chinese in Malay peninsula are Palestinians in Israel to some extent.

Two countries solution is better for both.

View attachment 703634

View attachment 703633

Without any violence Singapore got their own independence. Should be happy, not many places volunteer to split themselves up. Both countries have benefitted from relationship. Malaysia might be poorer does not mean inferior. All countries are flawed, I wont pretend any nation is great. All are full of people that would push you under a bus for a dollar.
It's Yuan dynasty official name not what Mongol Kingdom or something.
The first Yuan emperor issued govern bases: inherit former dyansties system; write official historical annals for latest former Song dynasty, Jin dynasty ( this is continuous tradition ); Yuan next emperors worship Confucius as Saint. China was governed the ethnic minority not non Chinese group.
Century Humiliation means China lost all protecting states like Korea, Vietnam, Burma, Ryukyu...; China lost a lot of wars; China lost lots of territory and develop rights. Non Chinese group dominated Chinese society. Qing dynasty, to Republic China, to People Republic of China...

Chinese history is very tangled. Tried reading up about it, just too much to absorb. Could do research on a particular period and interprete differently too other historians.

Last edited:
Without any violence Singapore got their own independence. Should be happy, not many places volunteer to split themselves up. Both countries have benefitted from relationship. Malaysia might be poorer does not mean inferior. All countries are flawed, I wont pretend any nation is great. All are full of people that would push you under a bus for a dollar.

Chinese history is very tangled. Tried reading up about it, just too much to absorb. Could do research on a particular period and interprete differently too other historians.
As I said, Chinese is the majority of Federation of Malaya in 1963. Without colonial British military oppression, ethnic Chinese should win their own political position, as dominant political force or at least equal, not second class citizens as of today.

It's the Federation of Malaya forced Singapore out(with British's help). So that ethnic Malay can get slight majority and win elections. It's that ugly.

The relationship between Singapore and Malay is not good at all for a long time, not as good as it seems today. The Malaysia actually want to kill Singapore or at least force Singapore kneel, but failed.

The Chinese were treated unfairly like Palestinians in Israel to some extent, Chinese has been in Malay peninsula for thousands of years, earlier than ethnic Malay. It's their home, their land too.

Stop here for ethnic issues between Chinese and Malay. No more argument.

I agree, there are people who would like to sell you for a dollar, many.

But just take a look at Malay, no culture of education, that's the problem. Look at their political system and how society organized, just a feudal system covered by one man one vote. I would say it won't go far, culturally and politically.

Last edited:
My Singapore friend is upset about this since can't travel to some gambling hotel in KL easily after this. Can't go to Thailand as well later on.

Thanks.
My understanding is, Indonesia politicians are more and more like western politicians, which need good appearance, good public speech skills, energetic, as charming as possible.

The governance skills and background is less relative, it's more about elections campaign, fund-raising.

Ridwan Kamil has architecture design degree, and suddenly become Mayor of Bandung, 5 years later become Governor of West Java.

Surprising to me. In China, it's not possible.

Nope, our election is very competitive and not based on appearance and charming. Indonesian people care to track record, program, and sincerity this is why Jokowi who is only a small businessmen with only a bachelor degree win over Prabowo-Sandiaga Uno which are both big businessmen and very rich.

Talking about Jokowi looks. People in Indonesia makes fun of his look and said he looks like village people/construction worker but he did won Jakarta governor and Presidential election two times. It shows looks and charming is not main factors in winning an election in Indonesia

1609877072929.png

Just compare to Sandiaga Uno, his rival in Presidential Election. In term of ethnic he is Malay ethnic ( we call it in Indonesia as Melayu ethnic/tribe)

1609877476947.png

Sandiaga Salahuddin Uno (born 28 June 1969) is an Indonesian businessman, investor and politician who is the Minister of Tourism and Creative Economy, and was the Deputy Governor of Jakarta. He was elected along with Anies Baswedan in the 2017 Jakarta gubernatorial election after defeating incumbent pair Basuki Tjahaja Purnama (widely known as "Ahok") and Djarot Saiful Hidayat. He resigned the office to run as Prabowo Subianto's running mate for the 2019 Indonesian presidential election.

A graduate of George Washington University, Sandiaga worked for several companies and rose in rank before founding his own business, which led him to become one of the richest people in Indonesia. In 2015, he resigned from his companies to join Gerindra. Upon his candidacy as vice president, he also renounced his membership in Prabowo's Gerindra as part of the deal with coalition parties.[3]

Sandi is also very clever, articulate, charming and understand economy very well

Last edited:
Javanese defeated the Mongols during the middle ages so they way smarter than the other locals.

Malays hate Chinese has a racial streak. A lot of upper class Indon look Chinese (pic 2). The East Asian phenotype is never really superstitious. Indon upper class is East Asian. So they are not superstitious but they probably shout Islam Islam to placate their people. Indon upper class is also smarter.

Malay have more mix of negro, Indians, Arab..etc (pic 3)

Malays are far more superstitious.

Malays also tend to ape Arabs. Now they are a fanboy of radical Islam.

1609897702699.png

1609897732688.png

1609898387289.png

Back
Top Bottom