What's new

Singapore Airforce Equiped with Lattest Tech In Asia

Super Falcon

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Man look the singapore airforce equiped with lattest Fighter jets sam system helicopters which world has ever seen u name it they have it i think after israel and turky singapore is most dangerous airforce in ASIA man look their weapon system

F 15G lattest F 15 Ever produced
F 16 Lattest Block 50/52
AMRAM SAM SYSTEM
APACHE HELICOPTERS
CHINKOOK HELICOPTERS
C 130J HECULES
C 17 GLOBMASTER
E-3 Santey AWACS
E-2 HAWKEYE .........................ETC

man wished pakistan airforce have got all those tools man they are damn good damn good for sure

When Singapore first became an independent state in 1965 there was little question that investment in defence needed to be at the top of its agenda. The small island nation faced a severe security environment: there was the risk of deteriorating relations with Malaysia, the federation from which Singapore had just seceded; the new country's other near neighbour, Indonesia, was in political turmoil; and, with war in Vietnam escalating, there were fears that a Communist wildfire was about to tear across Southeast Asia.

Without a credible military deterrent, it was uncertain whether Southeast Asia's youngest and smallest country would survive this harsh security outlook. Yet the island was quick to establish its credentials as one of Asia's 'miracle' economies; and high, dependable levels of economic growth meant that the Singaporean government was able to ring-fence a sizeable defence budget year after year for its highly ambitious military procurement plans.

The Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) of 2010, by far the most advanced military force in Southeast Asia, are the outcome of a long-held policy of allotting defence up to 6 per cent of GDP. While defence spending has dipped below this level in recent years – it was 4.3 per cent in 2009, an allocation of SGD11.4 billion (USD8.2 billion) – this remains very high by regional standards. As the Indonesian defence minister recently lamented, Singapore (population less than five million) spends more on defence in real terms than Indonesia (population 230 million).

'Third-Generation' force

The SAF not only enjoy a clear capability advantage over other Southeast Asian militaries, but it is also now close to becoming the 'Third-Generation' armed force, which recent procurement and reforms have been designed to produce. The question, then, is whether the Singapore of today – whose security environment appears far more benign than in the 1960s and whose economic growth rate is more modest than in previous decades – needs or even intends to keep investing so heavily in defence.

US weapon doesn't have ensured licence to sucess
ya but surley they have got a licence to fame.

i advice u before saying it advance or hi-tec airforce in ASIA,must survays other asian airforces too.

all you need is gutts!...even ak-47 can put termendous pressure on enemey it depends who is controlling it commando or civilian lol
:pakistan:

i agreee with you sir but the probleum is u cant match Mig 21 with F 15 strike eagle or you yes there are other airforces who got nuts but singapore is also one of them

If you bothered to look outside of India Pakistan & China MOST OF YOU would be shocked at how impressive Many of Asia,s air forces are now.

South Korea F15k X 60 PLANES + 180 F16/52 and have developed the T50 INDENGIOUS FIGHTER/TRAINER

Taiwan HAS 200 F16 ABC& D + 60 MIRAGE 2000-5 AND IS OWN INDENGIOUS FIGHTER...

Japan has 200+ F15 & IS now inducting its licensed built F16/60

All of these already possess AWACS plans and advanced paitriot SAM BATTERIES..

iN THE MIDDLE EAST SAUDI & UAE air forces are expensively equipped.

*** In terms of training i feel the South East Asians are far more professional and better trained than their Arab counterparts.

" Both the IAF and PAF in partcular are very poorly equipped air powers in comparison to Taiwan Japan & Korea in particular.

Many people may disagree but i feel in terms of operational preparedness organising a massive air war i would feel that Japan may be the best air force in Asia.

PLAAF second due to massive nos and 400+ flankers/J10 and self sufficency

Korea South/ Taiwan at 3rd. because they are large/modern nos F15/F16/irage2000-5 (250 ++ each)

Saudi Air force at 4th Typhoon/F15/E3 Awacs and Tornado x 300 planes

(Israel would the top the lot though being so battle hardened with 400 F16/F15 & Phalcon Awacs)

When Singapore first became an independent state in 1965 there was little question that investment in defence needed to be at the top of its agenda. The small island nation faced a severe security environment: there was the risk of deteriorating relations with Malaysia, the federation from which Singapore had just seceded; the new country's other near neighbour, Indonesia, was in political turmoil; and, with war in Vietnam escalating, there were fears that a Communist wildfire was about to tear across Southeast Asia.

Without a credible military deterrent, it was uncertain whether Southeast Asia's youngest and smallest country would survive this harsh security outlook. Yet the island was quick to establish its credentials as one of Asia's 'miracle' economies; and high, dependable levels of economic growth meant that the Singaporean government was able to ring-fence a sizeable defence budget year after year for its highly ambitious military procurement plans.

The Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) of 2010, by far the most advanced military force in Southeast Asia, are the outcome of a long-held policy of allotting defence up to 6 per cent of GDP. While defence spending has dipped below this level in recent years – it was 4.3 per cent in 2009, an allocation of SGD11.4 billion (USD8.2 billion) – this remains very high by regional standards. As the Indonesian defence minister recently lamented, Singapore (population less than five million) spends more on defence in real terms than Indonesia (population 230 million).

'Third-Generation' force

The SAF not only enjoy a clear capability advantage over other Southeast Asian militaries, but it is also now close to becoming the 'Third-Generation' armed force, which recent procurement and reforms have been designed to produce. The question, then, is whether the Singapore of today – whose security environment appears far more benign than in the 1960s and whose economic growth rate is more modest than in previous decades – needs or even intends to keep investing so heavily in defence.

they may have the best but they dont have space.....all their rival needs to do is to direct a ballistic missile and al will be gone.....simply they don't have enough strategic depth

Man look the singapore airforce equiped with lattest Fighter jets sam system helicopters which world has ever seen u name it they have it i think after israel and turky singapore is most dangerous airforce in ASIA man look their weapon system

F 15G lattest F 15 Ever produced
F 16 Lattest Block 50/52
AMRAM SAM SYSTEM
APACHE HELICOPTERS
CHINKOOK HELICOPTERS
C 130J HECULES
C 17 GLOBMASTER
E-3 Santey AWACS
E-2 HAWKEYE .........................ETC

man wished pakistan airforce have got all those tools man they are damn good damn good for sure

Singapore is a very very very small country, rather only a city, bit it is very rich. It has highest per capita income in entire ASIA and had almost 120Billion USD in reserve back in 2007.

Small as it is, they lack depth to test and train their aircraft acquisitions and rely on Indonesia to permit them to use their airspace to fly "straight". Its a bit funny, i know, but that's the truth as well. While in Singapore, i never saw a single fighter or military transport aircraft fly straight. All i saw were C130s and F5s flying in circles, and seeing hours and hours of circling aircraft was VERY-BORING.

Singapore train their pilots in Australia and USA, which frankly isn't enough. but a country 40 miles by 60 miles doesn't have space for air warfare simulation, let alone ground attack simulation. But they indeed have great war-birds and latest weapons to complement the training deficit.

Singapore, S. Korea, Japan, Taiwan and to some extent Israel are proxy US power to safeguard US's interest in their respective regions. Singapore takes care of Asia-Pacific, S. Korea takes care of N. Korea, Japan+Taiwan+S.Korea collectively take care of China. Not forgetting that NATO takes care of Russian mammoth. Just like Pakistan safeguarded its interest against communist Afghanistan.

USA gives away a lot of equipment and money to these nations to safeguard its Super Power status while itself staying away from the region itself and saving a lot of frenzy. It is a very well thought out strategy and is working very well in US's interest.

Regards,
Sapper

F-15 - 24
F-16C- 66
F-5- 45
Total combat planes 143

CH-47SD Chinook - 20
Boeing AH-64D Apache Longbow - 20
Helicopters 80

Lockheed C-130 Hercules -10
Transport planes - 14

EL/M-2075 Phalcon AESA 4

dont have any C-17

well good detaied indo C 17 is on order any way but why singapore are buying that much yes i know to defend itself but from whom indinesia. who just has handfull of SU 30 to counter F 15

Just to add that the reason why Singapore has such advanced military weaponry not only in the air but on sea as well is because like Sapper said, Singapore is a tiny nation-state.

If the enemy is able to establish a beach head in their territory, it's game over for them... so that's why they need to have an overwhelming force(technologically) in the air and in the sea to deny (or deter) any potential enemy the means to encroach their space.

And I think S'pore are using New Zealand's airspace to train it's pilots as well.

Japan has an excellent air force with 200+ F-15s which are locally built under license.
They have ample AEW&C and air to air refueling capability.
Coming to their technological expertise they are very advanced.
The F-2 is a Japanese engineered aircraft based heavily on F-16s.
It is a very capable aircraft and the project has given the local industry a very useful experience and exposure to world class technology enabling it to make a top notch aircraft and its components
The F-2 are equipped with AESA and have a lot of modifications, impressive aircraft though very expensive.

In the normally ignored countries category of Asia, I would rate Japan as the strongest one in terms of local industry capability and potential to manufacture advanced equipment...it is one air force which is very capable and still underrated.

Just to add that the reason why Singapore has such advanced military weaponry not only in the air but on sea as well is because like Sapper said, Singapore is a tiny nation-state.

If the enemy is able to establish a beach head in their territory, it's game over for them... so that's why they need to have an overwhelming force(technologically) in the air and in the sea to deny (or deter) any potential enemy the means to encroach their space.

And I think S'pore are using New Zealand's airspace to train it's pilots as well.

Please do remember that to neutralize Singapore, all you need is 9 well placed standoff anti-runway weapons. They only have 3 airstrips in total, one shared with Changi Airport, one dedicated military strip adjacent to Changi Strip, while the other one is smaller strip at Seletar. 9 bombs and all the fleet is grounded.

Singapore cannot sustain even a push, let alone a shove. But as i said earlier, Singapore is US's proxy in Asia-Pacific and combined with any other of many smaller US allies in region, they can deliver a very effective punch on Yankee's behalf.

Regards,
Sapper

Back
Top Bottom