What's new

Sindh Rangers held 450 suspects in Karachi in 3 months

Huda

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: Sindh Rangers apprehended more than 460 suspects and recovered hundreds of weapons by conducting 15 major operations in Karachi and 96 raids during the past three months, said Rangers spokesman here on Tuesday.

Addressing a press briefing here at Rangers Headquarters, spokesman Sindh Rangers Col. Shafiq Niazi said those taken into custody include 49 major targeted killers besides extortionists affiliated with various proscribed outfits as well as political parties.

He said Sindh Rangers take actions in every part of the city on the basis of information that comes in.

The spokesman further said that following the above actions against criminals, Rangers personnel were also being targeted and so far 7 of their men have been martyred and 14 wounded.

He told the reporters that important evidence had been gathered on the basis of intelligence reports in connection with bomb attack on Nazimabad Rangers Headquarters and soon the culprits will be apprehended.

The real test of justice is not in apprehending suspects, but ensuring convictions and punishment to those who perpetrate these terrible crimes. The Sindh Rangers have done their job well. Now the rest of the machinery must do their parts too.

They should have killed those 49 known target killers instead of arresting it. because all of them will be freed soon.

The real test of justice is not in apprehending suspects, but ensuring convictions and punishment to those who perpetrate these terrible crimes. The Sindh Rangers have done their job well. Now the rest of the machinery must do their parts too.

As per track record, forget that anybody will be convicted. So, If they have weapons and intelligence reports confirm that they are criminals just shoot them on spot.

They should have killed those 49 known target killers instead of arresting it. because all of them will be freed soon.

As per track record, forget that anybody will be convicted. So, If they have weapons and intelligence reports confirm that they are criminals just shoot them on spot.

As long as they have the proper legal cover and authority to shoot accused individuals on the spot, I have no problem with that. The powers to be police, judge, jury and executioner are divided for a reason, but if the dire situation needs them to be combined in the field, then so be it, I guess.

This report and the recent operation conducted by Sindh Rangers few days ago is the proof in itself that Rangers along with F.C are enough to clear the mess in Karachi, given the condition they have support from the top.

@OP, They did not mention how many of the arrested and detained were actually faced trail or if any one of them faced prosecution.

Then who will face courts ? We badly needed to change system of producing evidence to provide and ensure security of witnesses and judges but our democratic governments at centre and provinces failed to do so. Many could have been convicted if we had ensured some security for judges, witnesses and police out of pressure cooker.

Then who will face courts ? We badly needed to change system of producing evidence to provide and ensure security of witnesses and judges but our democratic governments at centre and provinces failed to do so. Many could have been convicted if we had ensured some security for judges, witnesses and police out of pressure cooker.

If you wait for politicians to bring reforms than you should forget to capture terrorists until that happen, because they will again walk free and if LEAs keep detaining them than they have to face wrath of media & courts.

This report and the recent operation conducted by Sindh Rangers few days ago is the proof in itself that Rangers along with F.C are enough to clear the mess in Karachi, given the condition they have support from the top.

@OP, They did not mention how many of the arrested and detained were actually faced trail or if any one of them faced prosecution.

I think FC is not present in Karachi or i am missing something?

Unfortunately that is not the case. Nobody's life is safe from these people.

If you wait for politicians to bring reforms than you should forget to capture terrorists until that happen, because they will again walk free and if LEAs keep detaining them than they have to face wrath of media & courts.

I think FC is not present in Karachi or i am missing something?
No F.C is not present in Karachi, as Rangers is not in Balochistan. However both are Paramilitary forces, and I meant to say that Rangers ATS along with F.C Commandos can conduct the operation in karachi rathen than calling Army

With new Fair Trail bill and Anti Terrorism act amendments in the constitution, LEA can now present electronic media like vidos, audio recording, call records,, sms , email as an evidence. Now it is up to Judges to whether punish them or let them walk free.
And if judges are scared to punish the terrorists because they are scared then what right do they have to punish me when I carry an illegal weapon?

Sir we need to bring police back into police stations and lines from VIP protections . Remove political appointments of officers and police be brought under their own officers. Rangers and Police can clear Karachi once. After that Rangers be sent back to their duties. I believe there in no lack of capability in our institutions, only requirement is political will of elite political leadership which unfortunately is the hardest part.

Sir we need to bring police back into police stations and lines from VIP protections . Remove political appointments of officers and police be brought under their own officers. Rangers and Police can clear Karachi once. After that Rangers be sent back to their duties. I believe there in no lack of capability in our institutions, only requirement is political will of elite political leadership which unfortunately is the hardest part.
We can forget about Police ATS , because as you mention they are 24/7 on VVIP duty. Last year I was in karachi this time of the year, and at few times I saw Police Commandos on security duty. As you said we need to bring these people back to work , there real work.

What I am suggesting is the Tactical solution to the problem. Police commandos can control the area once operation has been done. and believe me bringing police back to stations is a very long process and requires sacrifices by our politicions

Unfortunately that is not the case. Nobody's life is safe from these people.

Unfortunately in many cases witnesses have been killed and judges have been reminded about their family and their routines. In this scenario how can we expect these guys sent to hell. Example could be Geo's reporter case where all witnesses have joined poor reporter and in other case Ajmal Pahari got bail due to lack of witness.

KARACHI - Pakistan Rangers Sindh claimed to have apprehended at least 896 suspects and recovered above 782 weapons of different calibers. It also detained 104 target killers and 39 extortionists during the current year.
Colonel Shafiq while addressing a press conference at Pakistan Rangers Headquarter situated at Muslim Jinnah Courts Building.
Colonel Shafiq elaborated that rangers have conducted at least 15 operations and 97 raids in separate areas of the City and apprehended 569 culprits affiliated with various outlawed terrorist organisations and recovered 620 weapons.
He said that at least 15 operations were conducted. The number of operations conducted in different areas, included two in Keamari, Orangi two, SITE two, Bin Qasim two, Mailr two, Gaddap two, Korangi one, Shah Faisal and one in Clifton area. Raids were conducted in Clifton 3, Keamari two, Lyari 11, Saddar City 9, Jamshed Town 10, Baldi 4, Orangi 7, SITE two, Liaquatabad 7, Gulberg one, North Naziamabad 4, New Karachi 7, Bin Qasim 3, Korangi two, Landhi two, Shah Faisal 4, Malir two, Gulshan-e-Iqbal 6 and other areas.
He informed that during snap-checking, rangers have arrested 327 suspects and seized 162 weapons, including SMG, Kalashnikovs, rifle, repeater, TT pistols cartages and rocket launchers.
He added that 104 target killers and 39 extortionists were also apprehended in separate parts of the City.

rangers-nab-896-seize-782-weapons-1363120961-2359.jpg

Rangers nab 896, seize 782 weapons | The Nation

Everything is a lie, everything is a facade. Targeted/random killings are a norm today and I have seen the way our LEA's handle crucial evidence such as spent cartridges/shells etc. Otherwise, how hard would it be to lift off finger prints from these shells and match them against the NADRA database to identify culprits?

Back
Top Bottom