What's new

Sindh ahead in non-payment of bills, Punjab in electricity and gas theft

Yea to hell with all political parties. And to hell with these so called neutral critics at PDF too, who always jump on guns when something bad is done by PTI but are always reluctant to open their mouths when N-League is caught doing something bad red handed. I've merely asked for his opinion on this issue and look how I'm blamed for doing political point scoring.. :lol:

sorry, but every one is same ... leader is good doesn't mean all are become angels now. PMLN is corrupt every one knows. but what difference PTI can make from them thats the point dear. Following is good but not as a blind follower. next upto u. ALLAH gave you wise to think and judge. All the best

I tried to find an English link but could not. It says;

The government is cracking down on gas and electricity theft and Punjab has turned out to be worst offender in both. Sindh is number 1 for non-bill payment.

just like Punjab has more higher educated in numbers, more jahil in numbers, more criminals in numbers, more goods and more bads in numbers. So, its quite possible that Punjab will also have most thieves also.

but one thing for sure you are neither smart nor Punjabi
hint: Punjab is 65% of total population

This theft has been going on for years and even decades. The Punjabi government did not do anything about it in Punjab until they came into power in the centre too so as not to give help to the PPP government. It did not matter how much of a loss it is to the rest of the provinces who give their valuable resources to Punjab at the cost of their own poverty. Punjabis are a real greedy, selfish and contemptuous towards other people bunch. They have ruined the country with this attitude of theirs.

you are going to get ulcer or some mental disease like Altaf did if you keep burning yourself for Punjab or Punjabis. Watch out Punjabi wheat might burn your south hole

missing leading headline, the actual headline is" Punjab leads in theft, while sindh is leading in non payment of bills...."

I dont think its entire sind its only MQM controlled areas on Karachi, they take bhatta and protect them from non-payment of utility bills, remember 400,000 pounds in bhai saab's left pocket only

sorry, but every one is same ... leader is good doesn't mean all are become angels now. PMLN is corrupt every one knows. but what difference PTI can make from them thats the point dear. Following is good but not as a blind follower. next upto u. ALLAH gave you wise to think and judge. All the best

I'm a supporter of IK, yes.. Blind supporter of IK, NO.. And you can see that from my posts, I myself criticize IK and PTI when its due, unlike other hypocrites who criticize others at everything good or bad and when it comes to their own favorite party or leader, they shamelessly seal their lips and chicken out.. Peace!!

I'm a supporter of IK, yes.. Blind supporter of IK, NO.. And you can see that from my posts, I myself criticize IK and PTI when its due, unlike other hypocrites who criticize others at everything good or bad and when it comes to their own favorite party or leader, they shamelessly seal their lips and chicken out.. Peace!!
For me i criticize where its due and give respect and praise where its needed. For me in politics to be follower of any organization means you also need to defend them in there wrong decisions.

Some bad but understandable Google Translation:

Sindh ahead in non-payment of bills, Punjab in electricity and gas theft

Please don't give racial tinges to national issues.

its because the guys who got elected from punjab accused all other provinces for being the biggest electricity thieves where as reality came out otherwise

Stupid thread, based on a scant stupid headline, and without any real numbers anywhere in sight.

Where are the numbers OP? Any credible reference? How about starting from the recovery figures of individual electricity distribution companies for starters?

Line Losses, which account for payment and theft etc are lowest in Punjab, and highest in Sindh. A simple search for 'Electricity line losses in Pakistan' reveals:

High line losses, recovery of bills major reasons for Pakistan power sector debts | Maverick Pakistanis

"Interestingly, the companies incurring higher distribution losses are also inefficient in collection of electricity dues. For instance, Hyderabad Electric Supply Company (Hesco) reported distribution losses of 34 per cent that is almost double the national average. The receivables increased from Rs33.888 billion at the end of June 2009 to Rs49.245 billion, depicting a surge of over Rs15 billion. Its receivables are 58.47 of the total billing."

None of the Electricity Distribution Companies in Punjab come even close to HESCO in terms of Line losses. In Punjab the numbers are generally around 90%, with IESCO being the best. Beat that!

When you read a sensationalist news story without any valid references and vague, oblique & suggestive phraseology, you can be sure that you are looking at sloppy or motivated reporting. In the story used by OP to launch this thread THERE ARE NO NUMBERS. Where are the numbers?

This thread is just as meaningless, sloppy, stupid, and based on ill-intentions as the story. @Meesna needs to have his head examined for starting an idiotic thread.

In any case, just because Punjab's government actually has a better administrative setup should not be the reason to cry foul. We are more proactive here in Punjab and actually do catch thieves. You can not use the number of thieves caught to blame Punjab. High line losses in Karachi & Sindh just means there are far more thieves over there. They just do not get caught. That is not Punjab's fault.
@darkinsky, Punjab government has asked KPK government to have a contract with PASSCO. This does not amount to withholding wheat from other provinces. I hope you are aware of KPK being the major smuggling conduit to Afghanistan and even Central Asia? At times Punjab has faced wheat & flour shortages because of smuggling to Afghanistan.

Last edited by a moderator:
@darkinsky, Punjab government has asked KPK government to have a contract with PASSCO. This does not amount to withholding wheat from other provinces. I hope you are aware of KPK being the major smuggling conduit to Afghanistan and even Central Asia? At times Punjab has faced wheat & flour shortages because of smuggling to Afghanistan.

then KPK will also be forced to stop electricity to punjab because of electricity theft and sindh because of gas theft

PMLN is a known punjabi nationalist party

dont try to rationalise their stupid ethnic BS

then KPK will also be forced to stop electricity to punjab because of electricity theft and sindh because of gas theft

You fail to grasp the concept here. If Electricity production is distributed via PEPCO, Gas distribution is via OGRA, then what is wrong with provinces getting wheat through PASSCO. Pls explain - particularly when wheat smuggling is a known problem.

Also, as before you are slinging accusation without any recourse to numbers, references, statistics, etc... It is enough that you hate Punjab for you to believe anything without evidence. Do you have any numbers to back up your claim about Gas and Electricity theft? We in Punjab just catch more thieves - that is something to be applauded, not criticized. When Karachi and rest of Sindh gets to a point where they have lesser line losses than Punjab, then feel free to criticize. Til that happens, please think before you post rubbish claims.

PML-N won seats in all of Pakistan. It is a national party. Similarly, PTI also has won seats all over. Thus it too is a national party. Same goes for PPP.

And yet all of these parties have core constituencies. None of these parties can be said to be ethnic entities.

So then the question arises, what is your point when you make rubbish claims?

Sub sy ziyada bijli /gas karachi m chori hoti hai mgr yahan koi opreation nai hota ur na he koi choor pakra jata hai , karachi ki govt m darkhowast hai k wo kuch na kuch kam kreny

Altafu there is only one party based on ethnic lines and its non other then Muhajir Qoumi Movement. Lets make this party to Move Back to India movement.

@Meesna hahaha at last you are of some use, well find bro

@hasnain0099 what do you say bro?

i kept repeating that non payment of bills is not related to electricity theft, but you still kept blaming Karachi for all your ills

i kept saying that if in punjab 9 people steal electricity but one pays the bill that punjab will still have 100% electricity payment

if sindh had like 5 out of ten non paying consumers then even though 5 still pay for the electricity sindh will be considered the bigger thief
1- The reporter has actually spared no one. If all the Descos in Sindh, KPK and Punjab are in worst condition then which are not?
2-The theft is around 90 Billion PKR for Pakistan. If going by your sarcasm that nine out of 10 people don't pay in punjab that means that around 90% of the 6500 MW is stolen. The amount should be in trillions cha cha jee. Common Sense use karlia karo.
Here is a simple math for you
Pakistan lost Rs90 billion in electricity theft, line losses - thenews.com.pk
Just add the losses of Punjab's DESCOs and just compare them with one of the Sindh's DESCO. You ll find the correction of "9 out of 10 people steal electricity in Punjab".

Altafu there is only one party based on ethnic lines and its non other then Muhajir Qoumi Movement. Lets make this party to Move Back to India movement.

Its actually Mazahia Qawali Movement.....

You fail to grasp the concept here. If Electricity production is distributed via PEPCO, Gas distribution is via OGRA, then what is wrong with provinces getting wheat through PASSCO. Pls explain - particularly when wheat smuggling is a known problem.

Also, as before you are slinging accusation without any recourse to numbers, references, statistics, etc... It is enough that you hate Punjab for you to believe anything without evidence. Do you have any numbers to back up your claim about Gas and Electricity theft? We in Punjab just catch more thieves - that is something to be applauded, not criticized. When Karachi and rest of Sindh gets to a point where they have lesser line losses than Punjab, then feel free to criticize. Til that happens, please think before you post rubbish claims.

PML-N won seats in all of Pakistan. It is a national party. Similarly, PTI also has won seats all over. Thus it too is a national party. Same goes for PPP.

And yet all of these parties have core constituencies. None of these parties can be said to be ethnic entities.

So then the question arises, what is your point when you make rubbish claims?
Sarcasm doesn't need any logical support...........

Sub sy ziyada bijli /gas karachi m chori hoti hai mgr yahan koi opreation nai hota ur na he koi choor pakra jata hai , karachi ki govt m darkhowast hai k wo kuch na kuch kam kreny
KESE has developed their own ways to control the situation. For example, shifting load-shedding to high default rate areas. Private suppliers work for incentives. Had KESE been government entity, I can bet the situation would have been worse. Thats why I support the privatization of DESCOs. At least this would spare the tax-payers like me from funding the losses of inefficiencies pf government owned enterprises.

Back
Top Bottom