What's new

Similarities between Hinduism and Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think the all renouncing and truly knowing Sadhu's are going to engage in like the fake Zakir Naiks of the world ?

He can probably get some equally cheap and fake Sri Sri Ravi Sankars to engage in some stupid debates with him but people who believe everything is divine see no point in debating something is better than or worse than nothing.

I don't care if it is too blunt but we do have a lot of cheap religious men like Naiks in India everybody challenging everybody for a debate.

So let me get it right .....you are not willing to debate and if somebody does debate it is nothing but "cheap semantics on stage"......or is it that he will prove your arguments wrong?
Why not challenge him ,get a prof/priest the top man to go and prove him wrong or is it that you can not?

Although he is not worth much time I've proved him wrong already with a single lovely phrase....Aham Bramhasmi.

Go understand that.

I don't think Zakir is claiming that Islam is superior by comparing it with disgusting religion like Hinduism. Anyway these hindutva students will not understand this.

Although he is not worth much time I've proved him wrong already with a single lovely phrase....Aham Bramhasmi.

Go understand that.

So you are saying that you are god.......or have i misunderstood?

I like this explanation from a hindu poem better though.

" Is it possible to build a temple to the One who is all-pervasive?
How can one hold a lamp to the One who is shining with the brilliance of a billion suns?
How can one attribute a form to the One whom even Brahma, the creator, cannot comprehend?
How can one give an appropriate name to the One who is present in all beings?
How can one offer food to the One who has the entire cosmos in His belly? "

or have i misunderstood?

Depends on the level of reality you dwell in. You don't even have the wildest clue about what you're trying to prove here. Don't even attempt.

So you are saying that you are god.......or have i misunderstood?

I like this explanation from a hindu poem better though.

" Is it possible to build a temple to the One who is all-pervasive?
How can one hold a lamp to the One who is shining with the brilliance of a billion suns?
How can one attribute a form to the One whom even Brahma, the creator, cannot comprehend?
How can one give an appropriate name to the One who is present in all beings?
How can one offer food to the One who has the entire cosmos in His belly? "

@ dabong1

did u understand this portion of the telugu poem that u have posted here?
i guess not.

plz try to understand what the other members are saying....otherwise, this thread will also turn into a war-zone between the opposing parties.

I don't think Zakir is claiming that Islam is superior by comparing it with disgusting religion like Hinduism. Anyway these hindutva students will not understand this.

More! Show us your true colors. The true colors of so called peace loving every religion respecting pious Muslims! What a disgrace you are to the people who produced Sufis!

Depends on the level of reality you dwell in. You don't even have the wildest clue about what you're trying to prove here. Don't even attempt.

"I've proved him wrong already with a single lovely phrase....Aham Bramhasmi"

Aham Brahmasmi: Hindu - Hinduism Dictionary on Aham Brahmasmi

Aham Brahmasmi: (Sanskrit) "I am God." Famous phrase often repeated in the Upanishads. In this ecstatic statement of enlightenment, "I" does not refer to the individuality or outer nature, but to the essence of the soul which is ever identical to God Siva (or Brahman, the Supreme Being) as Satchidananda and Parasiva. One of four Upanishadic "great sayings," mahavakya.

If the above translation is wrong then please do enlighten me with your version.

@ dabong1

did u understand this portion of the telugu poem that u have posted here?
i guess not..

What a ridiculous question........do you understand the poem?
It was written in english was it not.....or do want to get your own conclusion out of the poem

@ plz try to understand what the other members are saying....otherwise, this thread will also turn into a war-zone between the opposing parties.

What are you talking about?Samudra claims Dr naik is wrong....i have no problem with that but at least get a prof in hinduisim to prove it on stage against him and not against me or some other muslim who does not have a deep knowledge of hindusim.
All i am saying is that lets get to the bottom of this...debate the issue..live on air,i for one think it will be a good debate as it will show that people are one in reality.
But then Samudra thinks its not worth debating the issue.......what do you want.
Typical indian,says something is wrong but will not debate the issue to prove his point or fgive any proof.

Famous phrase often repeated in the Upanishads.

If the above translation is wrong then please do enlighten me with your version.

Yes, it is very much wrong and I bet you don't even know where the verse is from without help from google...otherwise you wouldn't post some kinder garden level definition from a googled source.

Don't try to impress people with your google search content...a telugu poem...:lol: .....searching for the phrase and posting content from the fourth link you come across doesn't give you knowledge. :lol: I would've had the basic courtesy to post the link.

Here I offer another phrase....that signifies almost the same meaning except that it speaks of the whole universe..rather than an individual level. 'Isvasyam Idam Sarvam.' Its from the same link where you stole the Telugu poem.:D

What you also failed to understand in your rather hurried attempt to claim some knowledge is that the poem you apparently liked in itself is against the idea of God propogated by Islam.

I think you went overboard once you saw something that could've had a negative implication about building a temple in the first line of the so called poem....:lol:

I would've cared to read the whole phrase and understood that Aham Bramhasmi is almost what the whole poem is trying to convey.

Now, coming to defining what Aham Bramhasmi actually means.

Understand what Brahman means first. Brahman is the whole and only reality*. Which means everything is nothing but Brahman. Aham Bramhasmi is a statement that affirms this concept at an individual level at the transcendental level. Does this mean you're God? If there are no two things does it even make sense to ask if one is another ?

There! In about four sentences I've defined and tried to explain in layman terms the way I understand Aham Bramhasmi.

And you ? Whats the point of slugging it out when you never understood...never cared enough to even make an attempt to understand ?

* - Understanding what reality means is simple....atleast the way I see it...whatever is real is reality...that means the only things that exist...it could exist in various forms. Just like energy...reality is what everything is.

.i have no problem with that but at least get a prof in hinduisim to prove it on stage against him and not against me or some other muslim who does not have a deep knowledge of hindusim.

Nonsense. We cannot go around running with a Professor in our payroll to prove every idiot claiming something and going ahead to challenge the remaining world! The sun doesn't go around threatening the dogs that barks at it at dawn.

Typical indian,says something is wrong but will not debate the issue to prove his point or fgive any proof.

Another gem! 'Typical Indian' ? I never knew one billion Indian's from various religions and ethnic backgrounds share a same negative trait. Get out of your racist mindset.

You cannot compare a pagan concoction with the true Religion of God ( I recognize Judaism and Christianity in their pure forms as part of the true religion). Samudra, if I may ask, what caste do you belong to? Or is this foreign to hinduism?

Tell me friend, do you possible have the following books, because I've been given references but do not possess the books to look them up? They might be spelled wrong.

Jaiminya Brahmana 2.244.

Kathaka Brahmana 12.5

Kathaka Samhita 42.1

God is absolutely Just in delivering the truth, no doubt he sent Prophets we haven't heard of to places we haven't been and that's why a bit of truth can be found everywhere. We are all a reflection of his perfection. I think ibn Arabi (ra) said even the pagan/polytheist worships God, because regardless of what they think they're worshipping there's none but Him.

You see Ipooonu the futility of posting a article such as the one you posted?

You get the "Heroes" who come to say "NO MY RELIGION IS BETTER" or the "I AM SO SMART AND YOU KNOW NOTHING":rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom