What's new

Similarities between Hinduism and Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

PakForce Unlimited

Reaction score
A bit long video (1h50m) but it is interesting.

here is the link

http://********.co.uk/show.do/9/5242

dont know if it is posted before or not.

Dr Zakir Naik is just showing what are the similarities between the Hindu holy text and Islamic belief, nothing else.

Dr Zakir Naik is just showing you that look what your own holy text are saying. Oneness of God Almighty.

This is a flame war in the making....If anyone has a valid point please contact a mod to re-open this thread

Thread re-opened..........no inflammatory statements or actions please...

Dr Zakir Naik is just showing you that look what your own holy text are saying. Oneness of God Almighty.

Sorry, he is just misinterpreting stuff in our books trying to appear like an intellectual.

The bloke should come have a debate with ME. :lol:

We have a range of holy books that speak of one absolute reality to absolute reality that is completely manifest in what we technically call 'creation', also our holy books may never speak of God, they may never speak of hells, heavens, they speak of sacrifices, souls, reincarnation, karma, thirty three million Gods and quite a lot of assorted stuff. There is so much variety and variance - and you dare to group them into one! Heights of ignorance is what Zakir Naik is at.

And for the one 'God Almighty' we have at least half a dozen theories which are utterly incompatible with the idea of God Mohammed told this world to believe. Half a dozen! And you club them into one with such ease!! :crazy:

So which is this version of Absolute reality that Zakir Naik compares with Islamic concept of God ? They believe in multiple God and one God - and yet these two are nothing but the same. Hindu books speak of a impersonal god and a god that is otherwise as well. So which of these suits your agenda ? :lol: We have both polytheism and monism. Obviously idiots like Zakir choose what suits them!

Zakir also uses quotes from Veda's and Upanishads to prove his idea of One God.

The biggest comedy of this is that these very Veda's and Upanishads mention that the absolute reality is manifest in everything. You, me and everything we perceive are nothing but God - her beautiful manifestation. These very Veda's and Upanishads also declare that whatever form of worship is offered - it will reach the supreme soul. You can worship God in a cow, a donkey and a stone!

Fools such as he can go around and fool the uneducated Muslims living unexposed to latest information technology revolution but to come on the internet and expect to be believed is laughable to say the least.

Don't you ever imagine the two religions are comparable.

Oh and this uninformed almost illiterate like religious arrogance of Zakir Naik and his fan following only increase the ill-will towards Muslims.

Unless they stop going around the globe chest thumping about how their religion is the best and how another religions nonsense is actually their nonsense nobody will learn to respect Muslims. Unqualified arrogance of faith is all we see.

If it is you faith KEEP IT WITH YOU. If you come out with how it is better than X or Y or Z you're going into trouble and you're only going to get proved how ridiculously stupid you are.

I've addressed this post in first person. This is not addressed to any particular individual but go ahead and do yourselves a favor. Consider that this post was addressed to you.

I agree with Samudra here. Islam and hinduism arn't in anyway similar. Whatever Dr Zakir Naik has highlighted is just coincedencial if it is on the similar lines to the teaching of Islam. Moreover There is no way that any repectable muslim scholar would give legitimacy to a religion like hinduism.

I agree with Samudra here. Islam and hinduism arn't in anyway similar. Whatever Dr Zakir Naik has highlighted is just coincedencial if it is on the similar lines to the teaching of Islam. Moreover There is no way that any repectable muslim scholar would give legitimacy to a religion like hinduism.

The bit that gets me is the one where he is talking about abraham/brahama,there are to many coincidences for them not to be linked.

Sorry, he is just misinterpreting stuff in our books trying to appear like an intellectual.

We have a range of holy books that speak of one absolute reality to absolute reality that is completely manifest in what we technically call 'creation', also our holy books may never speak of God, they may never speak of hells, heavens, they speak of sacrifices, souls, reincarnation, karma, thirty three million Gods and quite a lot of assorted stuff. There is so much variety and variance - and you dare to group them into one! Heights of ignorance is what Zakir Naik is at.

And for the one 'God Almighty' we have at least half a dozen theories which are utterly incompatible with the idea of God Mohammed told this world to believe. Half a dozen! And you club them into one with such ease!! :crazy:

So which is this version of Absolute reality that Zakir Naik compares with Islamic concept of God ? They believe in multiple God and one God - and yet these two are nothing but the same. Hindu books speak of a impersonal god and a god that is otherwise as well. So which of these suits your agenda ? :lol: We have both polytheism and monism. Obviously idiots like Zakir choose what suits them!

The biggest comedy of this is that these very Veda's and Upanishads mention that the absolute reality is manifest in everything. You, me and everything we perceive are nothing but God - her beautiful manifestation. These very Veda's and Upanishads also declare that whatever form of worship is offered - it will reach the supreme soul. You can worship God in a cow, a donkey and a stone!

Fools such as he can go around and fool the uneducated Muslims living unexposed to latest information technology revolution but to come on the internet and expect to be believed is laughable to say the least.

Oh and this uninformed almost illiterate like religious arrogance of Zakir Naik and his fan following only increase the ill-will towards Muslims.

Unless they stop going around the globe chest thumping about how their religion is the best and how another religions nonsense is actually their nonsense nobody will learn to respect Muslims. Unqualified arrogance of faith is all we see.

If it is you faith KEEP IT WITH YOU. If you come out with how it is better than X or Y or Z you're going into trouble and you're only going to get proved how ridiculously stupid you are.

I've addressed this post in first person. This is not addressed to any particular individual but go ahead and do yourselves a favor. Consider that this post was addressed to you.

Mmmmmm yaeh some good little one liner's but how come you never get a hindu priest or somebody with knowledge in hinduisim to debate against him.
And do not tell me he will not debate against a hindu scholar,i have heard him say he is willing to debate against anyone,how come nobody takes him on?

"You, me and everything we perceive are nothing but God - her beautiful manifestation. These very Veda's and Upanishads also declare that whatever form of worship is offered - it will reach the supreme soul. You can worship God in a cow, a donkey and a stone!"

The same thing is in islam that god is everywhere and has made everything....but that does not mean you worship yourself or do you?

You worship the manifestation of god in that person/idol, not the person/idol.

According to Gita, God cant be explained to humans, He has no shape or form.

He exists everywhere

i have heard him say he is willing to debate against anyone,how come nobody takes him on?

You think the all renouncing and truly knowing Sadhu's are going to engage in cheap semantics on stage like the fake Zakir Naiks of the world ?

He can probably get some equally cheap and fake Sri Sri Ravi Sankars to engage in some stupid debates with him but people who believe everything is divine see no point in debating something is better than or worse than nothing.

I don't care if it is too blunt but we do have a lot of cheap religious men like Naiks in India everybody challenging everybody for a debate.

I do not understand why you are so negative towards him and what he is saying. If what he says is wrong and as you point out that Hinduism and Islam is not comparable why is it so that so many people from both religions are present. Even the pandits during the opening ceremony is there. If they feel offended or had reacted like you, they should have left.

But my intentions for this video was not to show how "like" Hinduism and Islam is but to merely show some similarities that the basic believes are not so different and therefor we should respect each other better than we do. As obeserved on this forum by some individuals that the level of respect of each others religons is not so high.

So please do not bring this thread into a flamewar, be open minded and please ignore the posts that are negative.

@ Samudra

i can see that u do not confer to what Dr.Zakir Nayik says, and i think i understand the reason behind it too.but let us look at the bigger picture here for a sec.... here is what i think:

Dr. Zakir Nayik has had a bigger impact on muslims then any one before him....he is trying to make muslims understand their religion rather than polticizing it.....thats what i like about him....when he gives a speech about similarities between islam and hinduism, he means to show us muslims that hindus are not that much different from us and we should all be able to live together peacefully....no more fighting, no more bloodshed.

i think we muslims need people like him, people who teach the real teachings of islam rather then hatred.....people who want to make a difference rather then brainwashing our youth, and believe u me, he has had quite an impact.

i think i understand ur concept of God, but most of the people of south asia are not as knowledgable, nor as fortunate as u and me to understand their own religions.....at least i think i do(a little bit).....so, when people like Dr.Zakir Nayik stand up and teach the Common Man to stop this bloodshed and terrorism, i say Good Luck to them, and i pray that their work is understood and not wasted away.

@ Samudra

i can see that u do not confer to what Dr.Zakir Nayik says, and i think i understand the reason behind it too.but let us look at the bigger picture here for a sec.... here is what i think:

Dr. Zakir Nayik has had a bigger impact on muslims then any one before him....he is trying to make muslims understand their religion rather than polticizing it.....thats what i like about him....when he gives a speech about similarities between islam and hinduism, he means to show us muslims that hindus are not that much different from us and we should all be able to live together peacefully....no more fighting, no more bloodshed.

i think we muslims need people like him, people who teach the real teachings of islam rather then hatred.....people who want to make a difference rather then brainwashing our youth, and believe u me, he has had quite an impact.

i think i understand ur concept of God, but most of the people of south asia are not as knowledgable, nor as fortunate as u and me to understand their own religions.....at least i think i do(a little bit).....so, when people like Dr.Zakir Nayik stand up and teach the Common Man to stop this bloodshed and terrorism, i say Good Luck to them, and i pray that their work is understood and not wasted away.

That was excellent. It was what i wanted to tell, but did not get it down on the "paper".

@ Samudra

What a beautiful post, I sure God whoever he/she is, will be very very proud of you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom