What's new

Sikh leader asked to remove turban in Rome: India calls Italian envoy

Because a Sikh will not want to remove their turban in front of an audience- and why should they have to? It is a time consuming and awkward process to re-tie it so it makes sense to take them to a separate area.I've seen such sperate areas in the West for those needing further screening.

We are talking about turban not under wear that they need changing room for it

T
But wait... at this point Pakistani members suddenly starts making excuses and get angry since they HATE Sikhs since Sikhs beat them badly in wars.Pakistanis only wants to instigate Sikhs against India but Sikhs always showed they are one of the most patriotic.

which wars you are talking about where sikhs beat us badly :lol:

Dafuq ..You are a Moron ..Even Though I do not wear a turban and Cut my hair. I am still thankful to Guru Gobind singh For the martial spirit ,He Infused in us, for all the troubles he went through fighting the mughal barbarians. You should be ashamed of yourself. I cannot convey the disgust I feel for you.

You would not be alive today If he did not.

First Listen to the argument. May be opponent has more valid point which cant not be understood by your intelligence this doesn't mean you can say him "moron".

Oh come on, dont poke your nose, you being beaten by all and latest by US army

Context, exactly. In modern times we don't need to carry a dagger, wear a bangle or have a headdress. Those archaic beliefs along with a romanticizing of war are completely inappropriate in today's world.
ARE YOU SERIOUS??

"Romanticising war?!!" You have zero understanding of Sikh teachings. Sikhs are not bloodthirsty killin machines. Sikhs are only meant to Draw their Kirpan to protect themselves of innocents who cannot protect themselves. This is where a turban comes in- it makes Sikhs stand out from the crowd and when someone is in distress they should know they can always turn to a Sikh.

Sikhs are proud to call themselves defenders of the weak and innocent.

Sikhism holds the notion of Dharam Yudh or Just war and in this case the follwing have to be met:

the war must be the last resort - all other ways of resolving the conflict must be tried first
the motive must not be revenge or enmity
the army must not include mercenaries
the army must be disciplined
only the minimum force needed for success should be used
civilians must not be harmed
there must be no looting, territory must not be annexed, property taken must be returned

"Romanticising war" my backside.

Whatever you may say YOU ARE NO SIKH.

Oh come on, dont poke your nose, you being beaten by all and latest by US army

oh come on its you who poke your nose because question was not asked from you

Is it your wet dream or what? when we had wars with USA? :what:

ARE YOU SERIOUS??

"Romanticising war?!!" You have zero understanding of Sikh teachings. Sikhs are not bloodthirsty killin machines. Sikhs are only meant to Draw their Kirpan to protect themselves of innocents who cannot protect themselves. This is where a turban comes in- it makes Sikhs stand out from the crowd and when someone is in distress they should know they can always turn to a Sikh.

Sikhs are proud to call themselves defenders of the weak and innocent.

Sikhism holds the notion of Dharam Yudh or Just war and in this case the follwing have to be met:

the war must be the last resort - all other ways of resolving the conflict must be tried first
the motive must not be revenge or enmity
the army must not include mercenaries
the army must be disciplined
only the minimum force needed for success should be used
civilians must not be harmed
there must be no looting, territory must not be annexed, property taken must be returned

"Romanticising war" my backside.

Whatever you may say YOU ARE NO SIKH.

Don't you dare shout at me and tell me what I am or am not.

Protecting the innocent. Some idealistic belief that you are a savior. Is the life of the aggressor worth less than the life of the victim? Why include a military into a religion. It is clearly romanticizing war. The 1st guru would never support this. He would not condone the taking of anyone's life.

Sure. But at the same time (and regardless of their education levels) they have jobs to do and if a bomb or any other object that can cause harm or destruction can be hidden under an adornment then it makes sense to have them searched; a compromise can be made (i.e. have Sikh or Muslim or Jewish or whatever employees on site -- of both genders).

incidentally, a lot of Sikhs are often assumed to be Muslim -- so this is an issue of assumptions that we all will have to help resolve. No doubt a lot of profiling takes place - who said it doesnt.

I agree on this as well. If its a question of security then the Sikhs must oblige in the interests of greater good.
And if TSA and the like donot give a private room for women to remove Burkas then they must. Security with decency can be achieved together.

My only point was that profiling is a fact of life. It is happening because of a valid reason and there is no denying it. What however can be done is that even when profiling and checking, the dignity of all those being checked should be maintained.

Because it is racial profiling, because it is illegal?

I understand security, but in this particular case if you don't have equal laws, it would mean you are just harassing the Muslim woman, especially in the case of Hijab where fitting an explosive would be an extremely complicated task.

I would support that Muslim women should definitely be given separate and private rooms to remove the Burka. That is just basic decency.

However racial and religious profiling is a reality and there is a reason why it is present. Why airport authorities all over the world double check Muslims from certain countries - there is a solid basis for that and you cannot ask the authorities to not do it.
What can be done is that the dignity of individuals be maintained even while checking.

when it comes to issues of safety and security i dont think your argument of "too awkward" will be entertained

nor will it apply to anyone else who wears religious adornments

get used to it; things'll only get more complicated from hereon forth

i dont see how his post was a rant rather than just reasoning

his point was that if something as thin as a hijab must be removed and checked then so must a turban

This is the reason I say Pakistanis have FAKE sympathy and understanding of Sikhs.Sikhs don't seems to have any issues if they are searched of their Turban in a enclosed area but what YOU are implying is to insult and making sure they HAVE to do so in front of all.What are their advanced equipments for? There is usually no need to even touch it.

Your fake love for Sikhs and their religious values shows clear here.

Also the one you are defending, just like him even you don't understand the issue and justifying his rants.Just the way something can be hidden in the back of Hijab under the hairs of women.

This issue has been discussed many times and each time you come and start your own apple and orange examples.

We are talking about turban not under wear that they need changing room for it

We are talking about the need of WHY a turban needs to be removed for so called "security checks" and the IGNORANCE of foreigners about the Turban who they think is just some hat or cap which can be taken off and doesn't carry any respect.Now this shows you don't even know what the issue is but came here to rant. :cuckoo:

Awwww now put off your denial mode button for a milli sec and you would realize what Sikhs have done to you in wars.In battle of Longewala just 100 sikhs beat your tank regiment having 40 tanks and 2000 soldiers.Now when did Pakistanis accepted any single defeat of theirs specially this massive one.Also the 100,000 surrender was forced by a Sikh General Jagjit Singh Arora who had just 25,000 soldiers with him:omghaha:

It's FUNNY since I see so many Pakistanis who HATE Sikhs because they find them too hard to beat and openly say if Sikhs get on their side they can do Gazwa-e-Hind successfully.:lol:

We are talking about the need of WHY a turban needs to be removed for so called "security checks" and the IGNORANCE of foreigners about the Turban who they think is just some hat or cap which can be taken off and doesn't carry any respect.Now this shows you don't even know what the issue is but came here to rant. :cuckoo:

I hate this hypocrisy and double standards of you Indians. If this was the case with Muslims then you all would be blaming Muslims and asking them to respect the laws of land and give up their 7th century culture and traditions to adopt change etc but when it come to taking off turban then you all need/demand separate room or special treatment because it would become matter of your so called honour and identity here. Get rid of this hypocrisy and double standards then Muslim will be with you on this matter..see here Indian police dont ask you to take off your turban but they ripped off themselves on road

Awwww now put off your denial mode button for a milli sec and you would realize what Sikhs have done to you in wars.In battle of Longewala just 100 sikhs beat your tank regiment having 40 tanks and 2000 soldiers.Now when did Pakistanis accepted any single defeat of theirs specially this massive one.Also the 100,000 surrender was forced by a Sikh General Jagjit Singh Arora who had just 25,000 soldiers with him:omghaha:

It's FUNNY since I see so many Pakistanis who HATE Sikhs because they find them too hard to beat and openly say if Sikhs get on their side they can do Gazwa-e-Hind successfully.:lol:

Stop this BS as we had enough of it. Empty vessels make the most noise. Brave people hardly make any noises of their bravery to glorify themselves. Its cowards and insecure people who does that. I am sure you forget that Sikhs and their guru have been prosecuted, tortured and killed as well. Sikhs are not iron men who were/are hard to beat. The problem with history is that everyone has been told that he or his forefathers/countrymen were the greatest and bravest people on this planet so carry on rants of your bravery but Sikhs were not superman appeared from sky but they were local people just like everyone else in this region

Last edited by a moderator:
What is wrong in asking to remove turban during security check?

The problem is that our religious bodies needs topics to get offended and to make religion relevant you have to create some issues. So we are sentimental society who tend to take it personally and egoistic too where we can feel hurt for petty things.
Like if someone says, sir can you please remove your shoes for checking. We will not try to see that not knowing who you are the security person is just trying to check everyone so we are safe. He is just helping us. But we take it to ego, how dare he asked me and given that India is a society where treatment depends on who you are, we feel even more bad.

Example case SRK, just because he gets royal treatment in India he thinks he will get the same in USA.

Back
Top Bottom