What's new

Sikh leader asked to remove turban in Rome: India calls Italian envoy

First time in my life I am seeing a Sikh, calling for abolishing the turban. :cuckoo: Anyways....

I understand you are talking of equality here, but you also do realize that 90% of the terrorism in the last decade has been done by Muslims right?

So why wont security be extra cautious regarding Muslims?

Because it is racial profiling, because it is illegal?

I understand security, but in this particular case if you don't have equal laws, it would mean you are just harassing the Muslim woman, especially in the case of Hijab where fitting an explosive would be an extremely complicated task.

Then how can you say Sikhs should stop wearing this "middle eastern" headress?? It is one of the 5 Ks, these come from Guru Gobind Singh himself.

A turban is a critical part of a Sikh's identity and you are calling for abolishing it??

What's up mate??

If you look at the 1st guru he is a most pious of men, truly divinely inspired. But then corruption sets in and the last guru wears gold and pearls. He is basically dressed like a king without a kingdom. I feel we should not be so fixed on things like Turbans or Karas. All that matters is an open mind and honest heart. I feel that is the true message and not some headdress with bracelet and other useless costumes.

Are u really a Sikh sir ? If not then u no right to dictate what Sikhs should do/not do and if u are a Sikh then u r free to do whatever u want but then don't categorize urself as a Sikh. Have a good day !!

I am and I have a right to reflect on my community.

If you look at the 1st guru he is a most pious of men, truly divinely inspired. But then corruption sets in and the last guru wears gold and pearls. He is basically dressed like a king without a kingdom. I feel we should not be so fixed on things like Turbans or Karas. All that matters is an open mind and honest heart. I feel that is the true message and not some headdress with bracelet and other useless costumes.

No offence bro but you don't seem to understand the history of the Sikh religion. There is a very good reason why the 10th guru acted differently to the 1st one- context is key.

No offence bro but you don't seem to understand the history of the Sikh religion. There is a very good reason why the 10th guru acted differently to the 1st one- context is key.

He militarized it. His teachings conflict with the previous 9.

Dafuq ..You are a Moron ..Even Though I do not wear a turban and Cut my hair. I am still thankful to Guru Gobind singh For the martial spirit ,He Infused in us, for all the troubles he went through fighting the mughal barbarians. You should be ashamed of yourself. I cannot convey the disgust I feel for you.

You would not be alive today If he did not.

How is this true? Since day 1 Sikhs had to fight to exist. Sikhs were tortured and murdered throughout this period the 5th Guru was the first Guru to be martyred then there was the 9th- Guru Tegh Bahadur. Guru Gobind Singh merely organised the Sikh faith into a conletant outfit able to inflict serious blows to the oppressors. Guru Gobind Singh's teachings were perfectly in line with the teachings of the first 9 Gurus but context played a key part and be did what he had to do.

I am incredibly skeptical that you are a Sikh. I simply cannot understand a Sikh coming out with this nonsense. Without Guru Gobind Singh doing what he did the Sikh religion would not exist today- simple.

Dafuq ..You are a Moron ..Even Though I do not wear a turban and Cut my hair. I am still thankful to Guru Gobind singh For the martial spirit ,He Infused in us, for all the troubles he went through fighting the mughal barbarians. You should be ashamed of yourself. I cannot convey the disgust I feel for you.

You would not be alive today If he did not.

IDC what you feel for me this is my belief. That romancing of war is why South Asia is a sh*thole.

How is this true? Since day 1 Sikhs had to fight to exist. Sikhs were tortured and murdered throughout this period the 5th Guru was the first Guru to be martyred then there was the 9th- Guru Tegh Bahadur. Guru Gobind Singh merely organised the Sikh faith into a conletant outfit able to inflict serious blows to the oppressors. Guru Gobind Singh's teachings were perfectly in line with the teachings of the first 9 Gurus but context played a key part and be did what he had to do.

I am incredibly skeptical that you are a Sikh. I simply cannot understand a Sikh coming out with this nonsense. Without Guru Gobind Singh doing what he did the Sikh religion would not exist today- simple.

Context, exactly. In modern times we don't need to carry a dagger, wear a bangle or have a headdress. Those archaic beliefs along with a romanticizing of war are completely inappropriate in today's world.

Back
Top Bottom