What's new

Sialkot lifts RBS T20 trophy yet again

iioal malik

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Updated at: 2323 PST, Sunday, March 07, 2010
KARACHI: Defending Champions Sialkot Stallions won the RBS Twenty 20 trophy for the fifth time in a row after beating Faisalabad Wolves by 5 wickets in the final showdown at National Stadium in Karachi.

Chasing 110, Stallions achieved the target in just 16.3 overs at the loss of five wickets.

Imran Nazir provided a brisk start to Stallions, hitting four and six on the first two deliveries before getting out on the next ball.

Naveed-ul-Hasan and Abdul Razzaq then chipped in with valuable 27 and 24 runs. While Shahid Yousuf 21 and Adil Malik 14 not out sealed the match for Stallions.

Saeed Ajmal and Shahid Nazir of Wolves bowled well but in the end the total was too low to defend.

Earlier, batting first, Faisalabad Wolves could manage only 109/9 in the allotted 20 overs.
http://geo.tv/3-7-2010/60603.htm:pakistan:

as i predicted before

Sialkot was too strong in this tournament

They had Malik, Rana, Razzaq and Nazir all born to play T20 and also Asif a very good bowler

karachi dolphins ka kia bana, phir haar gyae

They lost in semi final against Sialkot. Afridi played superbly but was not enough to win the match. I think they lost by 7 runs

You can check the scorecards from cricinfo website

Sialkot has a very solid team. They have good domestic players. Other teams not so much. Lahore Lions come close.

Congrats to Sialkot... :tup: Sialkot was the most strongest team in this T20 cup......

weelll when did abdur razzaque got in sialkot and i also heared that abdul razzaque also beeen picked by hampshire for their T 20 campagin this summer both parties signed the contract

Back
Top Bottom