What's new

Sialkot border villages hit hard by firing

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
5269c2ea3e19a.jpg

Pakistani villagers live along the Pakistan-India border in the Joyiawala of district Sialkot,
Pakistan, show remains of artillery allegedly fired by Indian troops, Thursday, Oct. 24, 2013. — Photo AP

SIALKOT: Unprovoked shelling and indiscriminate firing by Indian troops from across the border have caused the suspension of harvesting of paddy and other crops in villages along the Sialkot Working Boundary, residents of the affected areas told a team of foreign and local journalists on Thursday.

The people living in areas along Bajwat, Chaprar, Suchitgarh and Shakargarh sectors said the shelling and firing had intensified in recent days.

Officials of Chenab Rangers told the journalists that the Indian Border Security Force (BSF) had fired more than 4000 mortar shells and heavy bullets over the past eight days in villages near the Sialkot border, causing losses of human lives. They said several mortar shells fired by the BSF also landed in fields, but luckily these did not explode.

The Rangers retaliated in a befitting manner and silenced the Indian guns.

The villagers said they were facing immense problems because of the Indian shelling and firing. The media personnel also saw the houses and other buildings badly riddled by the shelling.

DAWN.COM

It means Pakistani Army should be hitting India harder. But how can we?

We have the Nawaz Sharif the traitor in office. I wish Musharraf had executed him, but then Musharraf was never a Zia.

The Rangers retaliated in a befitting manner and silenced the Indian guns.
No! It was the BSF that retaliated and silenced Pakistani guns, not the other way around!!! :cool:

390-Im46I.AuSt.55.jpeg

An Indian man displays a mortar shell fired on a residential area from the Pakistan side at the India-Pakistan international border area at Aria, about 42 kilometers (26 miles) south of Jammu, India, Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013. India accused Pakistani troops of firing guns and mortars on at least 50 Indian border posts overnight in disputed Kashmir, calling it the most serious cease-fire violation between the nuclear-armed neighbors in a decade.

http://www.macon.com/2013/10/23/2733600/india-says-pakistani-troops-attacked.html

Post 2014 Pakistan cross border firing will eventually stop.

Matter of time.

never got the objective of this kind skirmishes.. why would any army waste so much of ammunition if there is nothing to gain out of it, other than a sense of bravado. Instead of wasting ammo, sitting in one place we should rather look for tactical gains, which i don't see coming until we escalate the situation furthermore.

I think we all agree that it should not be escalated further

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom