What's new

Shut your mouth, Indians - Welcome to the era of instant censorship

It is not Indian state who is discussing the topic. It is us the common people who are discussing the topic. And nobody can take away anything that is not rightfully theirs..

No offence.. and I like the Oscar Wilde's quote you posted..

Non taken, buddy - we should all be civil to one another, but the hot Jatt blood can get in the way :)

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

Dear sir,

The religion of Hinduism probably has its roots in the Indus Valley civilisation. Hindus and Indus people, both worship a 'mother goddess' her names include Parvati and Sakti, and both regard the cow as sacred. Hindus and Indus people both bathe in the River for religious purposes and consider rivers holy.
BBC - Primary History - Indus Valley - What They Did For Us

Some Indus valley seals show swastikas, which are found in other religions (worldwide), especially in Indian religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism. The earliest evidence for elements of Hinduism are alleged to have been present before and during the early Harappan period.Phallic symbols interpreted as the much later Hindu Shiva lingam have been found in the Harappan remains

Many Indus valley seals show animals. One motive shows a horned figure seated in a posture reminiscent of the Lotus position and surrounded by animals was named by early excavators Pashupati (lord of cattle), an epithet of the later Hindu gods Shiva and Rudra

BTW I said Early hinduism... please understand we are talking about 7000B.C. No religion was completely developed at that time. But it points most of IVC cultural practices being amalgated into hinduism .

But beef bones have been discovered - until the language of the ancients is deciphered all of this is speculation, but would not take away the fact that these monuments are on our land, and we are the direct descendants of the people of the IVC.

My friend - questions of identity are very complex - and when you get nationalism involved - it can be a minefield - suffice to say - if there was trust and piece between india and Pakistan - questions of identity would not have the power they do now. And the problems do seem intractable - (we all know what they are, no point mentioning them here.)

IMHO, the history of the subcontinent belongs to the subcontinent. History of millennial grandeur cannot be subjugated by puny lines drawn 70 years ago. it's not fair to the people or to the history of the land.

thats all i wanted to say

IMHO, the history of the subcontinent belongs to the subcontinent. History of millennial grandeur cannot be subjugated by puny lines drawn 70 years ago. it's not fair to the people or to the history of the land.

thats all i wanted to say

You have the right to your opinion - and it is sad that the people of this region are so hostile to one another, how and why we got here, is a long and contested story, suffice to say we need to resolve all of our issues in a honorable manner.

Non taken, buddy - we should all be civil to one another, but the hot Jatt blood can get in the way :)

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

But beef bones have been discovered - until the language of the ancients is deciphered all of this is speculation, but would not take away the fact that these monuments are on our land, and we are the direct descendants of the people of the IVC.

Rafi,
Beef and Hinduism... my understanding is , early settlers who reached the fertile valley were nomadic tribes and did consume beef. Later when they turned to agriculture, the idea of preserving farm animals got coded into religion hence .. gods in folklore came in avatars of farm animal making them sacred. that was the best way to control the simpleton from killing farm animals for food and driving the value of lifestock lower in the trade system of those day. this is how my teacher had explained it to me when I was in school.

EPIC FAIL.... You do understand that IVC was early hindu civilization and you are muslim country ???? so by your logic you can't claim anything thats Hindu/budhhist... from IVC, Gandhara to maurya!!!

You're the failure here bro :tdown: Where did I ever mention IVC in my whole post? I'm talking bout Tipu Sultan and the other kings of the subcontinent. We didn't claim anything about him, I said I said we Pakistanis have the right to honour him in our country and name missiles and cra-p in his name because he is respected. No body called him Pakistani or Indian, since these 2 nations didn't exist back then.
Although, if you wanna, go on ahead name one of your missiles IVC aswell if that makes you happy :tsk:

Rafi,
Beef and Hinduism... my understanding is , early settlers who reached the fertile valley were nomadic tribes and did consume beef. Later when they turned to agriculture, the idea of preserving farm animals got coded into religion hence .. gods in folklore came in avatars of farm animal making them sacred. that was the best way to control the simpleton from killing farm animals for food and driving the value of lifestock lower in the trade system of those day. this is how my teacher had explained it to me when I was in school.

Maybe - history and anthropology is making educated guesses, speculation aside, it is apparent that the people of the IVC were beef eaters, this would clash with the theory that they were proto-Hindu's. But maybe in the future their will be more evidence that will prove the matter either way.

You're the failure here bro :tdown: Where did I ever mention IVC in my whole post? I'm talking bout Tipu Sultan and the other kings of the subcontinent. We didn't claim anything about him, I said I said we Pakistanis have the right to honour him in our country and name missiles and cra-p in his name because he is respected. No body called him Pakistani or Indian, since these 2 nations didn't exist back then.
Although, if you wanna, go on ahead name one of your missiles IVC aswell if that makes you happy :tsk:

point taken... sorry for the lame comment...

J/K I would not mind, if the PA decide to name one of our missiles - after Manga - my ancestor and a cavalry commander - who valiantly defended his land, against Alexander.

Razpak is a Pakistani Punjabi with Arain ancestry from middle east at least that's what he claims. Don't know his connection to IVC..

Claims are unproven. I might have relatives that are indigenous to the region, plus never got my genetic background checked. :cheesy:

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

IVC belongs more to us than you dravidians to the east.

and rofl at Lothal. That is one site against many in modern day Pakistan.

I live close to Harrapa, which you Indians do not.

we control kashmir but u dont still u claim so

My grandfather's family was from Jammu, and it is an entirely different discussion.

When I first looked at the title I thought this an obvious troll thread lol.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom