What's new

Shut your mouth, Indians - Welcome to the era of instant censorship

Melluha Pakistanis 8000 BC–500 BC

As an ardent fan of the Professor Dr Ahmed Hasan Dani’s concept of Pakistani history and a protagonist of the Indus people philosophy of Ahtizaz Ahsan, it is always a joy to hear about another book about the ‘Melluhas’ of the Pakistani Civilization.

The Melhulans were the Indus people who lived on the River Indus. They were the early ancestors of the present day Pakistanis. the DNA results from the remains of the people in the graves show a 98% congruence with the Baluch, Punjabis, Pakhtuns and Sindhis of the current era. This is why Professor Dani, Ahtizaz Ahsan and this author want to refer to the “Indus Valley Civilization” as the Pakistani Civilization.

Melluha Pakistanis 8000 BC

Are you trying to say that IVC is a shared heritage of India pakistan and bangladesh, or solely pakistan's heritage????

Even they named one of their missile "Tipu", the guy who was born in Bangalore. In case of war, they will be pointing the very same missile towards the city where Tipu sultan was born and finally laid to rest..

Bwahaha, you joker :disagree: Tipu Sultan was a Muslim ruler in the subcontinent, not "Hindu" or "Indian" (India didn't even exist before 1947, kid). So that negates your "Indian" argument :) Also, it doesn't matter really if he was from bangaluru or not, and that this city is not in Pak today, the fact that he was a respectable MUSLIM ruler of the Indian SUBCONTINENT (notice the "subcontinent" bit, not indian "republic") is enough for him to be respected in a subcontinental Muslim country like Pak :tup: :lol:

This great man has passed away, who had a massive contribution to the history of our ancient land of Pakistan.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Greeks and Romans became Christians they identified with the Judeo-Christian world and adopted the names and civilization. The same with us, my clan fought with the initial invaders and gave an excellent account of ourselves, but when we converted - we adopted the civilization of the Sufi that converted us.

ok. Agreed, I am all for Pakistan retaining its heritage, i believe, pakistan has equal claim to Ahsoka, maurya, gandhara and mughal dynasties too because the people you are referring to were part of all the above mentioned. But if you do look at the extent of IVC and its later extensions and religious/cultural migrations to form one of the largest cultures in the world. Do you still want o discredit indians from their respective claims to the heritage IVC, gandhara etc

OK fella, but have read literature on Professor Dani an expert on the IVC conducting DNA tests on the remains of the people buried around the cities of Harrapa and Moenjadaro and it was found the present people shared over 98% commonality.

Ok, then you can not provide any other credible link for the information. Also 98% is a big number, you must know huge number of people migrated from India to Pakistan and from Pakistan to India in 1947. Also if you go to FATA/Baluchistan people claim to be either Persian or Turk. Heck even lots of Punjabis claim themselves to be middle eastern. so does this so called DNA tests found commonality with them as well just curious to know.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Is that true RazPak? I'm Punjabi Arain too :lol:

Seriously man, I am not making it up. He himself mentioned it in one of his posts where he claimed about how bravely he and his uncle beat the hell out of some of the Ukrainian Fellas.

Are you trying to say that IVC is a shared heritage of India pakistan and bangladesh, or solely pakistan's heritage????

Mate, I don't want to offend any of you indians, but we are very wary of the modern indian state claiming our heritage. The vast majority of the IVC is within the geographic boundaries of Pakistan.

A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.
~ Oscar Wilde

Bwahaha, you joker :disagree: Tipu Sultan was a Muslim ruler in the subcontinent, not "Hindu" or "Indian" (India didn't even exist before 1947, kid). So that negates your "Indian" argument :) Also, it doesn't matter really if he was from bangaluru or not, and that this city is not in Pak today, the fact that he was a respectable MUSLIM ruler of the Indian SUBCONTINENT (notice the "subcontinent" bit, not indian "republic") is enough for him to be respected in a subcontinental Muslim country like Pak :tup: :lol:
EPIC FAIL.... You do understand that IVC was early hindu civilization and you are muslim country ???? so by your logic you can't claim anything thats Hindu/budhhist... from IVC, Gandhara to maurya!!!

ok. Agreed, I am all for Pakistan retaining its heritage, i believe, pakistan has equal claim to Ahsoka, maurya, gandhara and mughal dynasties too because the people you are referring to were part of all the above mentioned. But if you do look at the extent of IVC and its later extensions and religious/cultural migrations to form one of the largest cultures in the world. Do you still want o discredit indians from their respective claims to the heritage IVC, gandhara etc

With the current problems of lack of trust - Pakistanis act with a bit of hostility when indians also want to claim the IVC all this gets drawn into nationalistic fervor - maybe a day will come when these problems will be resolved, one can only hope.

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

EPIC FAIL.... You do understand that IVC was early hindu civilization and you are muslim country ???? so by your logic you can't claim anything thats Hindu/budhhist... from IVC, Gandhara to maurya!!!

The people of the IVC buried their dead, ate beef and did not worship idols, in fact no temples of any kind have been discovered.

Mate, I don't want to offend any of you indians, but we are very wary of the modern indian state claiming our heritage. The vast majority of the IVC is within the geographic boundaries of Pakistan.

~ Oscar Wilde

dear, dont worry , I wont be offended by history that doesn't affect me a bit. My honest question remains, whether heritage is based on geography, religion or lineage of people of the land. i am afraid the answer to that is not as simple as you are trying to put it. If there is a magnificent piece history everyone tries to claim it and to prove the richness of their heritage.

At one hand people here want to claim mughals as their heritage based on religion, on the other hand same argument doesn't stand when used by hindus w.r.t IVC,
or Buddhists W.r.t gandhara.

~ Oscar Wilde

It is not Indian state who is discussing the topic. It is us the common people who are discussing the topic. And nobody can take away anything that is not rightfully theirs..

No offence.. and I like the Oscar Wilde's quote you posted..

dear, dont worry , I wont be offended by history that doesn't affect me a bit. My honest question remains, whether heritage is based on geography, religion or lineage of people of the land. i am afraid the answer to that is not as simple as you are trying to put it. If there is a magnificent piece history everyone tries to claim it and to prove the richness of their heritage.

At one hand people here want to claim mughals as their heritage based on religion, on the other hand same argument doesn't stand when used by hindus w.r.t IVC,
or Buddhists W.r.t gandhara.

My friend - questions of identity are very complex - and when you get nationalism involved - it can be a minefield - suffice to say - if there was trust and piece between india and Pakistan - questions of identity would not have the power they do now. And the problems do seem intractable - (we all know what they are, no point mentioning them here.)

With the current problems of lack of trust - Pakistanis act with a bit of hostility when indians also want to claim the IVC all this gets drawn into nationalistic fervor - maybe a day will come when these problems will be resolved, one can only hope.

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

The people of the IVC buried their dead, ate beef and did not worship idols, in fact no temples of any kind have been discovered.

Dear sir,

The religion of Hinduism probably has its roots in the Indus Valley civilisation. Hindus and Indus people, both worship a 'mother goddess' her names include Parvati and Sakti, and both regard the cow as sacred. Hindus and Indus people both bathe in the River for religious purposes and consider rivers holy.
BBC - Primary History - Indus Valley - What They Did For Us

Some Indus valley seals show swastikas, which are found in other religions (worldwide), especially in Indian religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism. The earliest evidence for elements of Hinduism are alleged to have been present before and during the early Harappan period.Phallic symbols interpreted as the much later Hindu Shiva lingam have been found in the Harappan remains

Many Indus valley seals show animals. One motive shows a horned figure seated in a posture reminiscent of the Lotus position and surrounded by animals was named by early excavators Pashupati (lord of cattle), an epithet of the later Hindu gods Shiva and Rudra

BTW I said Early hinduism... please understand we are talking about 7000B.C. No religion was completely developed at that time. But it points most of IVC cultural practices being amalgated into hinduism .

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom