What's new

Should we mine gold for long term economic stability?

313ghazi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This is a question as much as it is a suggestion, so you more economically minded people are welcome to comment. I was wondering if it was a good idea for a state owned company to dig gold from Reko diq, sell only the amount required to cover the cost of the project and keep the rest in a national reserve. Surely long term that would provide our economy with a lot of stability?

What do you think?

We have a huge reserve of gold,copper and other minerals all over pakistan.
4 years back 2 person started jade mining in muhmand agency and now they worth 30billion plus. government of pakistan should ease mining policy and help experts to start mining which will generate a huge income to our reserves. The amount of minerals we have in pakistan is enough for next 100 years.

We have a huge reserve of gold,copper and other minerals all over pakistan.
4 years back 2 person started jade mining in muhmand agency and now they worth 30billion plus. government of pakistan should ease mining policy and help experts to start mining which will generate a huge income to our reserves. The amount of minerals we have in pakistan is enough for next 100 years.

Copper especially is in huge demand. I do think though we would benefit from exporting copper products (like pipes, wire, circuit boards) - rather than just the raw product. We should try to never export just raw materials, otherwise we'll never become a developed economy.

Copper especially is in huge demand. I do think though we would benefit from exporting copper products (like pipes, wire, circuit boards) - rather than just the raw product. We should try to never export just raw materials, otherwise we'll never become a developed economy.

I am agree with what you have mentioned but not just copper in much demand also more minerals from pakistan has huge demand.i think government should think seriously about it. Atm no one can invest such a huge amount in factory so we have to sell raw. 20 Billion$ plus per year is what i estimated will come to our reserves plus huge taxes.

All these posts and not enough effort to learn.

Maybe you were too young, when USSR collapsed, and their government was showing gold bullion on state TV to assure people ruble will hold.

Economics is a much complex game,

People have been doing it for hundreds of years. It's not impossible to do. We may not have the tech or know-how to do it to modern standards, but that expertise can be purchased?
In essence, sliver(dirham) and gold (dinar) are legitimate currencies in Islam because of their intrinsic value. And world is slowly moving towards it and due to the failure modern monetary system. Do you know that in Israel gold and silver coins are being used as currencies already.

Pakistan should but i wouldn't jump on the old media hoo haa that under every stone is billion $ gold buried
Need moderate approach with modern tech involved they will need help.
It should be gov company with proper oversight otherwise let it stay in the ground

I have better suggestion let Pakistan solve problem on the ground 1st otherwise it will fill only few pockets rather than helping Pakisan itself

Back
Top Bottom