What's new

Should we be doing this?

I agree with you on taxation system and I will support people being called our for not doing their share. I have written on this forum against the business community for having a cry about taxes and with one particular member of this forum.

However, that is separate matter and I agree entirely with you. If this video was not issuing a property tax invoice in accordance with the tax law than I agree such video should be made and posted, provided other person has been given chance to respond.

However, prices are not regulated in many countries and same applies to Pakistan other than some essential goods. So should one call out a shop keeper for selling expensive when the buyer can buy cheaper else where.

Would you not regard it as blackmail in that either give me the product at a discounted rate or else I will make the video and post it online.

With your family's shop business I can say for certain your prices will be different from other shop keepers, whether by small margin or big margin. Its a choice that your family business makes in terms of selling price. Before that choice is made a decision is made as to cost base for each product which would include cost of goods and other incidental costs of business allocated proportionally to each product based on value than on top of that you will add you margin be it 20 or 30% or what ever amount.

You know very well that in "free market economy" the prices are always very competitive. We know that retailers and super markets compete vigorously against each other on prices. Pakistan unfortunately doesn't have "Free Market Prices". In Pakistan profiteering, stocking commodities longer to stimulate the demand to charge more prices is a common practice. There exists cartels of all kind.
In today's age of internet, in the West even the most established high street retailers are going bust due to the "free market" pressures. They cannot compete with internet re-sellers and go bust. Some very famous names with over 100 years trading experience have gone bust in recent years in the UK.
Pakistani traders are dishonest and suffering from greed to make as much money as possible. Even by illegal means. That's why most traders don't pay any taxes. Do not return the "GST" they have collected on Pakistani government's behalf.

Here is 3 time Prime Minister of Pakistan, answering questions on tax payments.

Observe how he criminally considered "Sales Tax" as a tax he paid, not the tax he collected from others on behalf of the government. He says he could have kept the "sales tax" if he wanted.
More shameful aspect of this interview and this question is that it is a pre-planned question asked purposefully to give opportunity to a thug to provide justifications of his non-payment of Income taxes. This crooks think that paying back the sales tax he collected from customers equate for him paying income taxes on his income. No justifications how he can live like a King by paying Rs 5000 Income Tax. He added the "Excise Duties" even though everyone knows that duties are added to the costs of goods. The costs of goods is passed on to the end users in the scheme of things in "Free Market". Even in Pakistan.
When such crooks can reach at the summit, how you could be so confident about the small fries that they are innocent!!!

The problem in Pakistan is that these shopkeepers allign together and make a mafia and sell things on their own prices. I remember how these mafia goons beat up one shop keeper because he was selling things cheaper and "ruining" their business.

Price control and regulations are part of every free market. A free market doesn't mean u can do watever the hell u wish.

This is also unislamic as Islam allows u to earn modestly and not have unfair profits.

Also this video shows reality and hypocrisy of our society, see his big beard, he will be showing everyone how religious he is and how pious he is, in reality he is a hypocrite crook.
You are mixing two things, in this video guy said, “other are selling it for cheap”. So whole argument of his beard and mafia doesn’t sustain. If whole sale retailers are storing or stoping supply for price hike than that’s a diff issue. Govt should deal with it, but in this case guy making video is wrong.

sir i have a question? can i sell one litre milk in 200 or 300 rupees if the market rate is 100 rupees?
You can asked a brick of gold if you want but Doesn’t mean people have to pay that price.

Back
Top Bottom