What's new

Should the nuclear states move towards a zero nuclear weapons world.

Chill Bihari

Reaction score
As we know that Us and Russia have this week signed a Nuclear arms reduction treaty.According to which they will reduce their nuclear warheads by 30 %.
BBC News - US and Russian leaders hail nuclear arms treaty

My question is should India campaign for a nuclear wapons free world and would that be beneficial for India in the long run or not.
Views/discussion on the topic are welcome.

IMO India should go all out for making the world a nuclear arms devoid world.This will amke Indian defence supremacy over Pakistan absolute ,just as in 1971.Two it will make China to almost leave behind the scenario of an armed conflict with Inda.Indo-China war w/o nuclear weapons will only be a exercise with collateral damage for both sides and w/o any decisive result.

I have read a famous saying by an Indian Official
"Never mess with the americans without nuclear weapons"

Yes world can exist without Nuclear weapons but what about technology.

No country will ever destroy its nuclear technology that means bombs can be made anytime.....

:partay:

IMO the world should become nuclear weapon free.

There should be weapon of mass destruction. Wars should be fought the conventional way.

India would be ready to give up its nuclear arsenal but then looking at the above comment by the chinese member, we have to rethink our opinion.

as long as the US and india possess nuclear weapons we should not even think about reducing our arsenal. one is the largest terrorist state in the world, the ohter is a subsaharan africa level country that, despite its weakness, foolishly pursues an arms race instead of feeding its own people, typical banana republic dictatorship policies.

*Post reported* :agree:

the US and Russians have huge stockpiles of these weapons, they only cut the numbers of the obsolete tech they have. Hence pressurising the rest of nuclear world to give up their WMDs as well. BUT i am sure both US & Russia will never want to completely wipe out there nuclear arsenal.

I think if all countries are doing it, India should also abandon it's nuclear weapon making capabilities since at present also India doesn't have logistics in the form of carrying weapons 1000's KM away like to Beijing or Shanghai. It just we are jumping on the fact we know how to make a bomb and totally forgot it needs to be put into something to deliver somewhere!

I think if all countries are doing it, India should also abandon it's nuclear weapon making capabilities since at present also India doesn't have logistics in the form of carrying weapons 1000's KM away like to Beijing or Shanghai. It just we are jumping on the fact we know how to make a bomb and totally forgot it needs to be put into something to deliver somewhere!

May be u need some classes on Indian defence capabilities.

Regardless of our regional situations i think all the nuclear powers around the world should come up with some plan to bring the number of nuclear arsenals to zero worldwide it should be done in a way that within a time frame all the countries drop their nuclear arsenal and the world should one day become nuclear free. :pakistan:

May be u need some classes on Indian defence capabilities.

Don't tell me Agni / Prithvi is getting closer to Shanghai, if magically they reach also don't u think in between they would be shot? TU-16,22 bombers would also be shot before reaching there! India needs some headstroming and US guidance on how to tackle China militarly. these current toys wont help India!

Right now I think India can only fight on it's border and can't take war into China's territory

just a dream

there are many malicious states in neighbouring of China. - Japan, India, Vietnam

S. and N. Korea are also strong in military.

Russia is more powerful than above states

USA always joins India, Japan, Tibet government on-exile and East Turk terrorist organizations to destabilize China!

Last edited:
Don't tell me Agni / Prithvi is getting closer to Shanghai, if magically they reach also don't u think in between they would be shot? TU-16,22 bombers would also be shot before reaching there! India needs some headstroming and US guidance on how to tackle China militarly. these current toys wont help India!

Right now I think India can only fight on it's border and can't take war into China's territory

Well what u are calling toys is what keeps china in check so far.Process of developement is a never ending one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom