What's new

Should Pakistan Start R&D for Space Mission

countryman

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Don't we think Pakistan should start venture with China for some future space Mission?

Last edited:
^^^ pakistan should start launching her commercial satellites first... manpower is cheap in asia and you can save foreign exchange.

Depends on how many number of future satellite launches; however, given small number, I think it is better to outsource instead of launching our-self. However, in terms of capacity building, I've heard of work in progress on domestic level with slightly less than moderate priority. But, again, if some South Asian country thinks the countries will use their commercial satellite launch service, that would be highly unlikely because there is great deal of politics involved in such contracts.

Depends on how many number of future satellite launches; however, given small number, I think it is better to outsource instead of launching our-self. However, in terms of capacity building, I've heard of work in progress on domestic level.
ya thats true... if numbers are few it will make no economic sense...

Don't we think Pakistan should start venture with China for some future space Mission?

No. Every country should set it's priorities keeping it's needs and resources in mind.

The question is, WHAT would Pakistan wish to achieve by committing it's resources for such space missions? Other than launching it's own satellites, which can be outsourced.

No. Every country should set it's priorities keeping it's needs and resources in mind.

That is why, I mentioned venture not individual mission.

The question is, WHAT would Pakistan wish to achieve by committing it's resources for such space missions? Other than launching it's own satellites, which can be outsourced.

Hmm, do you really don't see any advantage?

That is why, I mentioned venture not individual mission.

Hmm, do you really don't see any advantage?
I am interested in reading your views on what advantages, other than satellite launches, you see in Pakistan getting involved in space missions, either jointly or individually.

I am interested in reading your views on what advantages, other than satellite launches, you see in Pakistan getting involved in space missions, either jointly or individually.

Firstly, satellite launch is also a space mission. If the advantage of domestically launching satellite makes sense then why not being the part of space mission beyond? We're rapidly falling apart in terms of technology, competitive advantages once lost, are lost forever. There are things that we'll be unable to catch up, I not throwing individually perceived advantage to make up an argument, not the argument is my objective. We're talking about the nation here. I understand the resources part and I understand why you said no, but, from where I see, we, the individuals, are not playing the due role in building the nation.

Firstly, satellite launch is also a space mission. If the advantage of domestically launching satellite makes sense then why not being the part of space mission beyond? We're rapidly falling apart in terms of technology, competitive advantages once lost, are lost forever. There are things that we'll be unable to catch up, I not throwing individually perceived advantage to make up an argument, not the argument is my objective. We're talking about the nation here. I understand the resources part and I understand why you said no, but, from where I see, we, the individuals, are not playing the due role in building the nation.
There are races which you decide to compete in and there are races which you decide not to compete in, albeit for the time being.

Space exploration / missions is one such race which Pakistan has (apparently) decided not to compete in at least for the intermediate future, and for good reasons.

Rocket science (which is a primary branch of aerospace engineering) is one area where we decided to get involved and did so very successfully.

On a lighter yet saner note, we (or those enlightened enough on PDF) KNOW for a fact that extraterrestrial beings do exist and some of us have also had close encounter(s) with them.

On a lighter yet saner note, we (or those enlightened enough on PDF) KNOW for a fact that extraterrestrial beings do exist and some of us have also had close encounter(s) with them.

Really? I guess you just want to start a healthy discussion here.
Btw, What does islam says on extraterrestrial beings.

Back
Top Bottom