What's new

Should Pakistan Bomb illegal indian dams

Water is critical issue , ppl die with in days with no water - water is serious matter life of death situation , it can't be solved like Kashmir case in 50-60 years, it can be negotiated with UN force

Water issue is , pretty serious

This could escalate - up and very dangerously , as I saw images of water in pakistani side rivers were extremely dired up very severe situation

but it has already be solved in UN isint it? so what is the fuss around....

Man its your government who is trying to brush off its shoulders for scarcity of water by blaming on India. the rainfall had been too less in India in recent times. how do you expect the excess water. Think from this perspective this is one big excuse which your government can give for its incompetence and people will accept it. but the reality is the low rainfall in the region. else the UN would have not closed the case on this one.

can some one please post the complete article
Islamabad, February 12 (PPI): World Bank neutral expert Monday ruled that design of Baglihar power project being constructed by India in occupied Kashmir is in violation of Indus Water Treaty, which Delhi signed with Pakistan in 1960.Giving details of verdict of World Bank neutral expert Prof. Laftee announced in Bern, Switzerland earlier today, Minister ...
Article: World Bank neutral expert ruled Indian Baglihar power project violates Indus Water Treaty. - PPI - Pakistan Press International | HighBeam Research - FREE trial

Salam Everyone,
I am not expert in terms of military talks. But i do know economic stuff and according to me the way its going, within two years pakistan will have enormous shortage of water due to illegal stoppage of pakistani water due to indian dams. Now i just want to know is it possible for pakistan airforce to somehow bomb those dams. I was confused cuz i heard from somewhere if pakistan bomb those dams it will destroy itself as those huge dam water will then flow towards pakistan and cause huge destruction. Sorry if its a stupid question. Thanks

No need to bomb.

You can send some Freedom Fighter, we will call them Water Freedom Fighter with big buckets and they will carry water back to Pakistan.

Thanks

India is stealing water of life, says Pakistan
Crucial, coveted and increasingly scarce, water has become the latest issue to stoke tensions between India and Pakistan, with farmers in Pakistan's breadbasket accusing Delhi of reducing one of the subcontinent's most important rivers to little more than a trickle.

A group of more than 20 different UN bodies warned earlier this month that the world may be perilously close to its first water war. "Water is linked to the crises of climate change, energy and food supplies and prices, and troubled financial markets," said the report. "Unless their links with water are addressed and water crises around the world are resolved, these other crises may intensify and local water crises may worsen, converging into a global water crisis and leading to political insecurity and conflict at various levels."

The crisis in the agricultural heartland of Pakistan relates to the Chenab, one of a series of waterways that bisect the Punjab, which means 'five rivers'. The Chenab is fed with glacial meltwaters from the Himalayas and for centuries has provided crucial irrigation for the region. But last summer farmers began to notice the levels of both the river and groundwater begin to fall.

Pakistan blames India, saying it is withholding millions of cubic feet of water upstream on the Chenab in Indian-administered Kashmir and storing it in the massive Baglihar dam in order to produce hydro-electricity. Its Indian neighbour, Pakistan declares, is in breach of a 1960 treaty designed to administer water use in the region. After initial talks to try and resolve the issue, the matter has been put on hold since the Mumbai attacks last November in which 165 people were killed, fuelling tensions between the two quarrelsome neighbours.

Pakistan's president Asif Ali Zardari warned: "The water crisis in Pakistan is directly linked to relations with India. Resolution could prevent an environmental catastrophe in South Asia, but failure to do so could fuel the fires of discontent that lead to extremism and terrorism."

The farmers who make their livelihoods along the banks of the Chenab are quick to blame India for their misery. When Mohammed Babar and other villagers close to the town of Wazirabad sunk a well several years ago, they discovered water just 50ft beneath the surface; now the water table lies at around 100ft down. "To irrigate our crops it used to cost about 200 rupees (£2.71) worth of diesel," said Mr Babar, standing amid fields lush with rice and winter wheat. "Now it costs 250 or 300."

From where Mr Babar and his neighbours live, it is just a few hundred yards to the Chenab. Once a strong-flowing river, it is now a slow-flowing trickle. Locals say the river once came up close to the top of the road bridge but now it dribbles past, metres below.

Abdul Hamid and his family make their living cutting reeds for thatching on the east bank of the river. They have watched the level of the water fall, and with it, the supply reeds from which they make their living.

"There has been a big difference. It doesn't even look like a river anymore, it looks like a puddle," said 40-year-old Mr Hamid, who has eight children. "When there is no water, there are no reeds and then no money. My whole family works doing this. We used to earn 500 rupees a day. But now it's down to 300 because there are less reeds." Asked why the Chenab had fallen, Mr Hamid had a ready answer: "It has been cut off by India."

The Chenab is one of five main rivers that pass through the Punjab, all ultimately joining the Indus, which reaches the sea south of Karachi. The 1960 Indus Water Treaty allocated the river waters between Pakistan and India, which is also allowed to make some use of them for power generation. Pakistan complained in 2005 to the World Bankabout the operation of the Baglihar dam. An independent expert upheld some objections, but dismissed others.

Farhatullah Babar, a spokesman for President Zardari, said Pakistan was "paying a high price", but India has denied breaching any conditions of the 1960 treaty. Delhi said it had invited Pakistan's water commissioner to visit the dam to see that the Chenab's flow was naturally low.

India's Ministry of External Affairs declined to comment, but an official said: "The entire peace process and discussions we have been having for the past three or four years have been put on pause. It is not the right climate for these talks when we know that there are threats against our safety and security emanating from Pakistan."
India is stealing water of life, says Pakistan - Asia, World - The Independent

How many times we need to discuss on this same topic?

In last one week, three new threads with the exact same question.
Has Zaid started a new program on this topic now? How come so much concern all of a sudden?

Mods: Request you to please close or merge the thread with the pre existing ones. Thanks

The fact that the these dams are part of development projects underway in Jammu & Kashmir raises further concerns among many Pakistanis.... who believe that Kashmir, having a Muslim majority, rightfully belongs to the Islamic state of Pakistan. The extensive building of infrastructure by India is therefore a cause of further Pakistani displeasure and contention. And thats the area that bothers Pakistanis....so they would continue to rake up these issues..now and then.

If India does violate the Indus Treaty than the results will be dire for both India and Pakistan as Pakistan will be left with no choice but to force the issue which may result in a nuclear war. As Pakistan wouldn't be able to survive without water anyway so it would be better going down fighting. Anyway I think as the starter of this thread has already admitted the topic is stupid and the thread should be closed or moved to the relevant sub forum.

The best time to destroy those dams were when they were under construction now even if those dams are destroyed the resulting flood will also destroy a large Part of Pakistan.

In an event of war India could itself destroy these dams and cause a lot of damage and loss off life.

In my opinion these dams have now attained the status of weapons of Mass Destruction also which India can use without the fear of Retaliation.

So the best solution is to prevent further dams being constructed.Go to UN and World Bank and if they can't or don't want to solve the problem destroy them covertly.

No need to bomb.

You can send some Freedom Fighter, we will call them Water Freedom Fighter with big buckets and they will carry water back to Pakistan.

Thanks

hahaha ...good one...

BTW a lot of rookies are coming now-a-days with bombing and going down fighting theory..
Hamid gul seems to create an impression out there..he once openly said-" bangalore ke silicon valley ko hum dhuen me uda denge"...

Last edited:
World Bank defends 'disclaimer clause' for J-K project

Press Trust Of India

Published on Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 00:15, Updated on Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 00:26 in India section

New Delhi: Ignoring objections by the Jammu and Kashmir government, the World Bank on Monday defended as "routine" its controversial "disclaimer" that funding for a project in the "disputed" border state will not be seen as recognition of India's territorial claim on it.

"The World Bank is an apolitical international development organisation. It cannot take a position on border disputes. It is therefore required to add a disclaimer clause for all projects that seek to uplift the lives of poor people in areas disputed by sovereign states," a World Bank spokesperson said in a statement in New Delhi.

The disclaimer clause states "By supporting the project, the World Bank does not intend to make any judgement on the legal or other status of the territories concerned or to prejudice the final determination of the parties' claims."

"The activation of this clause is routine," the statement said.

hahaha ...good one...

BTW a lot of rookies are coming now-a-days with bombing and going down fighting theory..
Hamid gul seems to create an impression out there..he once openly said-" bangalore ke silicon valley ko hum dhuen me uda denge"...

Bana toh nahin sake toh jalan toh machegi padoshi ki tarakki se.
Waise he is always welcome, I am waiting for him here :sniper:

Bana toh nahin sake toh jalan toh machegi padoshi ki tarakki se.
Waise he is always welcome, I am waiting for him here :sniper:

uda denge and then uske baad uncle sam par sabse jyada farak padega... half of the companies are either working for uncle sam or for the european and australian markets. none of these will like their billions of dollars of projects which are in Indian hands to be scrapped just like that.

Forget about the infrastructure which these companies have over there.

uda denge and then uske baad uncle sam par sabse jyada farak padega... half of the companies are either working for uncle sam or for the european and australian markets. none of these will like their billions of dollars of projects which are in Indian hands to be scrapped just like that.

Forget about the infrastructure which these companies have over there.

Well what Hamid thinks? The sillicon city is a single building? Its spread across bangalore and some satellite cities. He has to smash each one and kill each guy. He even has to break half of my house as I have converted my unused bedroom into a lab and work from there :D

Well what Hamid thinks? The sillicon city is a single building? Its spread across bangalore and some satellite cities. He has to smash each one and kill each guy. He even has to break half of my house as I have converted my unused bedroom into a lab and work from there :D

even i have guys in my circle who have been operating from their homes here in delhi.... even i worked on some of the projects from my home... so the power is the people....

I dont know why does the Pakistan always forget the replies which they get before coming to such theories. they never speculated indian retaliation in 65,71,99 and when they come up with the policy for bleeding India. they just look at the one side of the coin how they can harm India but forget what India with a bigger economy can do to them

Well...these youselesstube fed...fans of Zaaa-haaaa.....think everything is Kaaabooommm........and all they understand is Kaaaaaboom..... Lately they have been enjoying a lot of Kaaaabooommmm themselves....

Back
Top Bottom