What's new

Should India restrict movement of Chinese and Turks in India ?

breakingbad

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
India has a old policy of restricting the movement of Pakistanis to few cities and police reporting in these cities.
Now with China supporting Pakistani terrorist escape sanctions , its intentions become suspect.
Chinese can act as proxies for Pakistan in planning terror acts in India. Like Headly they can slip in and out of India on pretext of business.
Now India has no dispute with Turkey. But with rise of fundamentalism in Turkey and their military alignment with Pakistan . Is it time to also restrict the movement of turks in India ? Nothing personal but on purely security grounds.

Vast majority of Chinese visitors are good business minded people.

A few are more likely to commit business/economic "terrorism" given their surplus liquidity back home and investment scarcity in India.....but that is really a welcome thing in long run.....competition in this sector among all countries in Indian economy is a good thing. Staking and buying from China is a welcome thing...they welcome it in return too.

The few CCP state "agents"/"proxies" will be there (whether they are in 100% cahoots with Pakistan ISI etc for nefarious security-based goals...or just natural china-security oriented intelligence based snooping is another matter altogether)....but why make life difficult for the 99.9% of chinese visitors to target the 0.1% a bit better? They would be targetted a lot better by continued improving of the vetting and screening process used by IFS at their embassies in China and security-related/intel databases. That goes for all major powers (esp those hosting large pakistani populations as the david headley case showed) not just China too.

Restriction of visiting Pakistanis on zonal/destination basis need only be applicable to them (and for time being)....given we have decided they are a special case...and have not extended such to even Bangladesh, KSA etc.

China (esp han majority) are nowhere near perceived security threat to India....and existing system improvement is more than adequate. In fact I have seen quite a lot of good Chinese tourist videos of India on youtube....and even better Chinese businessmen videos (like say for solar industry in India). The multiplier effect they gain by visiting and interacting outside of what they planned to do is quite immeasurable in the long run for Indian economy I feel.

There is a reason why Modi fast tracked e-visa applicability for Chinese citizens....on equivalent basis to most of the world that lies outside Pakistan, Bangladesh, Middle East and North + Central Africa.

Visa_policy_of_India.png

Vast majority of Chinese visitors are good business minded people.

A few are more likely to commit business/economic "terrorism" given their surplus liquidity back home and investment scarcity in India.....but that is really a welcome thing in long run.....competition in this sector among all countries in Indian economy is a good thing. Staking and buying from China is a welcome thing...they welcome it in return too.

The few CCP state "agents"/"proxies" will be there (whether they are in 100% cahoots with Pakistan ISI etc for nefarious security-based goals...or just natural china-security oriented intelligence based snooping is another matter altogether)....but why make life difficult for the 99.9% of chinese visitors to target the 0.1% a bit better? They would be targetted a lot better by continued improving of the vetting and screening process used by IFS at their embassies in China and security-related/intel databases. That goes for all major powers (esp those hosting large pakistani populations as the david headley case showed) not just China too.

Restriction of visiting Pakistanis on zonal/destination basis need only be applicable to them (and for time being)....given we have decided they are a special case...and have not extended such to even Bangladesh, KSA etc.

China (esp han majority) are nowhere near perceived security threat to India....and existing system improvement is more than adequate. In fact I have seen quite a lot of good Chinese tourist videos of India on youtube....and even better Chinese businessmen videos (like say for solar industry in India). The multiplier effect they gain by visiting and interacting outside of what they planned to do is quite immeasurable in the long run for Indian economy I feel.

There is a reason why Modi fast tracked e-visa applicability for Chinese citizens....on equivalent basis to most of the world that lies outside Pakistan, Bangladesh, Middle East and North + Central Africa.
I appreciate your good human reply , but my query was purely based on security considerations.
We Indians are Very casual wrt security and are always surprised when something occurs. Like the 26/11 terrorists tried 3 times to enter India and succeeded in their 3rd attempt. Means we missed them twice before .
Ever seen how the guy at luggage scanning machine is normally looking around at everything except the screen.
Our attitude is always reactionary never pro active.
China has made its intentions very clear of restricting India by using Pakistan.
And its not recent , from providing the complete infra for their nuke industry and now diplomatic support for their terrorists .
But we will always live in a fools paradise of 99.9% good chinese(source??).

I appreciate your good human reply , but my query was purely based on security considerations.
We Indians are Very casual wrt security and are always surprised when something occurs. Like the 26/11 terrorists tried 3 times to enter India and succeeded in their 3rd attempt. Means we missed them twice before .
Ever seen how the guy at luggage scanning machine is normally looking around at everything except the screen.
China has made its intentions very clear of restricting India by using Pakistan.
And its not recent , from providing the complete infra for their nuke industry and now diplomatic support for their terrorists .

Like I said its best to improve that at IFS level....and more importantly at domestic security level.

Say we do impose travel restrictions on all Chinese nationals. You think it would really stop the Chinese intelligence agents?

Its like saying ban all guns in the US and expecting gun crime to drop (you only punish the legal, sound gun owners 99.9% of the time).

Indian intelligence services have more information than you or I have about overall Chinese citizens (regarding susceptibility to x,y and z regarding indian national security) and presence of deep state/intelligence agents within that matrix....and how many of them are nefarious/allied to Pakistani causes etc.

They have advised our leaders appropriately...and if Modi (who is probably the most nationalistic leader in a long time) has gone ahead and given Chinese citizens e-visa access....it means he is confident that our IFS security apparatus w.r.t Chinese general population is adequate or better. The same cannot be said for Pakistan and thus a special situation is used in their case (similar to why Trump is pushing a travel visa ban for certain countries).

India has a old policy of restricting the movement of Pakistanis to few cities and police reporting in these cities.
Now with China supporting Pakistani terrorist escape sanctions , its intentions become suspect.
Chinese can act as proxies for Pakistan in planning terror acts in India. Like Headly they can slip in and out of India on pretext of business.
Now India has no dispute with Turkey. But with rise of fundamentalism in Turkey and their military alignment with Pakistan . Is it time to also restrict the movement of turks in India ? Nothing personal but on purely security grounds.

try it and see who it hurts

Like I said its best to improve that at IFS level....and more importantly at domestic security level.

Say we do impose travel restrictions on all Chinese nationals. You think it would really stop the Chinese intelligence agents?

Its like saying ban all guns in the US and expecting gun crime to drop (you only punish the legal, sound gun owners 99.9% of the time).

Indian intelligence services have more information than you or I have about overall Chinese citizens (regarding susceptibility to x,y and z regarding indian national security) and presence of deep state/intelligence agents within that matrix....and how many of them are nefarious/allied to Pakistani causes etc.

They have advised our leaders appropriately...and if Modi (who is probably the most nationalistic leader in a long time) has gone ahead and given Chinese citizens e-visa access....it means he is confident that our IFS security apparatus w.r.t Chinese general population is adequate or better. The same cannot be said for Pakistan and thus a special situation is used in their case (similar to why Trump is pushing a travel visa ban for certain countries).
You seriously over estimate our intelligence capabilities.
Right from the 80s when sikh terror started to kashmir to multiple attacks in mumbai local trains to parliament attack to 26/11 , never ending naxal atracks , what exactly gives you confidence in our security apparatus ?
Modi likes to make grand gestures . Sometimes in a vaccum.
Denying physical access to foreign hostile assets is what even trump is doing . Though frankly that was not in my mind when i raised this issue.
This is totally from a security viewpoint. Why give untethered freedom to hostile countries ?

How is it going to help if they report to police and give their stay and travel details? You think police have so many resources to follow up on them and snoop on them. It is better to do proper vetting before we issue the visas.

How is it going to help if they report to police and give their stay and travel details? You think police have so many resources to follow up on them and snoop on them. It is better to do proper vetting before we issue the visas.
Restrict travel to the city of their business like for Pakistanis. Its easier to spot a Chinese or Turk in India than a Pakistani.
This evisa facility is also premature. Bet no vetting is done.
Biggest problem is we cant think out of the box and are like sitting ducks.

Your country , your rules.
Dont indulge him. This is a purely security based thread.

Got ahead If that will make India more secure, whether Indians like or not Pakistanis are our all weather friends :lol:.

At risk of derailing this thread , i fully support HK restricting visas to Indians because of illegal staybacks.
Every country has the right to protect its citizens.
If those Indians are not criminals, we shall not treat those illegal immigrants harshly. Send them back nicely.

If India impose a ban on Chinese visitors , I can never visit India. Do you think it's reasonable?

I'm not supporting terrorists in any forms.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom