What's new

Should India Be Ever Allowed A Piece From CPEC Pie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imadul

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
As early harvest projects are at various stages of completion and Port Gawadar has become officially operational on 14 November 2016 and expected to handle roughly 1M tonne of cargo per Mr. Zhang Baozhong, chairman of the company in charge of development, the China Overseas Ports Holding Company
http://www.dawn.com/news/1251644
and many regional countries showing interest to become part of the OROB initiave via CPEC, should India be ever allowed to benefit from the CPEC. I think Pakistan can use CPEC to woe India to participate in the economic riches of the CPEC. It could actually benefit India more than Pakistan and China. India will have a direct road/rail link to central Asia through Pakistan and Afghanistan. India can even reach all the way to ME, Africa, and Europe.
If Modi and South Block could put away their enmity against Pakistan, they can hugely benefit from the CPEC, Gawadar port and various highways. Can India's trade instincts overcome its Pakistan specific political problems? And become a CPEC partner. It will be a godsend for Nawaz Govt. They will welcome any such overtures from India.

You may not like my answer, but yes, the more and more China get engaged to Pakistan and its economy, chances of India be a part of the project will be significant...I know, many posters will laugh at my suggestion at this point of time. But no country invest so much of money just for a single source of revenue. Slowly, Iran, India and if Afganistan stabilizes, they will join CPEC project.

Yes, If they let Kashmir hold a plebiscite for independence, stop funding proxy warfare in Balochistan, and stop trying to undermine Pakistan. Then, and only then, can "overtures" from India be welcomed.

Yes, If they let Kashmir hold a plebiscite for independence, stop funding proxy warfare in Balochistan, and stop trying to undermine Pakistan. Then, and only then, can "overtures" from India be welcomed.

Trust me,when CPEC is operational, the China and its intent will have major influence on this issue rather than what Pakistan think about it...Again, I am not trolling here, rather it is a practical assessment that i can forsee. Now, it depends on India to play right political tones so that China and India can sort out the issues....

If any any point of time, if India has to come down from its stated position, it makes sense for us to come down for China rather than Pakistan...Because in long term, China will more or less play a heavy influence in your foreign policy.

At other angle it would make CPEC safe as major threats we have from India..

But as kuttay ki dum can never be straighten as India's wish to destabilize Pakistan can never be faded so don't think so..

Small correction please, CPEC is not a pie, it's a lie.
:)

Okay and what's the truth.? Chabhahar ???

No thanks...
Plebiscite is totally in hands of Pakistan. And regarding Baluchistan if Pakistan stops funding terror in India we will do it too

Trust me,when CPEC is operational, the China and its intent will have major influence on this issue rather than what Pakistan think about it...Again, I am not trolling here, rather it is a practical assessment that i can forsee. Now, it depends on India to play right political tones so that China and India can sort out the issues....

If any any point of time, if India has to come down from its stated position, it makes sense for us to come down for China rather than Pakistan...Because in long term, China will more or less play a heavy influence in your foreign policy.
China's influence may be great, but with India shifting towards the US and Pakistan shifting towards China-Russia, I don't see that happening.

Even if what you say is true, and China seeks to involve India into CPEC, the very first point on their agenda would be to stop India's proxy war against Pakistan and CPEC.

Besides, Pakistan will never back down on Kashmir. Occupations don't last forever, India will have to acknowledge Kashmiri right to self determination at some point.

Plebiscite is totally in hands of Pakistan.
Pakistan was always in favor of it.

If India is also in favor of it, let's hold one right now!

a few or all conditions below may make it possible:
1) if China tries to scuttle Pakistan Industrial complex or at some point in the future the interests of China and Pakistan do not align (its possible, but not really probable) - then as a counter weight.
2) If India and Pakistan come to an understanding on their differences then India/Afg can join and increase the thrughput of the CPEC
3) If china's economy sees any wobble, then China might try to add more economic weight to the CPEC by adding India/ Afg (this is a LONG shot - meaning it might never happen, but the slightest of possibilities exist)
4) The quickest way for China + Russia to equal and challenge US realistically is to get India into their corner. If that equation changes (where China sees a favorable India better than an unfavorable India + US nexus) then its possible the CPEC will be a carrot.

I believe CPEC will finally stabilize Pakistan's hinterlands with development and something for the populations in the hinterland to aspire to.
The only one thing I do not quite like about CPEC is that maybe.. just maybe... Pakistan is putting all its eggs into the China basket. if (god forbid) things go south with China (like they did with US), its not good to have your economic lifeline in someone else's hands.

As early harvest projects are at various stages of completion and Port Gawadar has become officially operational on 14 November 2016 and expected to handle roughly 1M tonne of cargo per Mr. Zhang Baozhong, chairman of the company in charge of development, the China Overseas Ports Holding Company

If Modi and South Block could put away their enmity against Pakistan, they can hugely benefit .

That's a Big if. Modi and the BJP are passionately anti-Pakistan. Pakistan can't ignore the problems created by India. Holding Kashmir hostage can't be rewarded with handing them the golden opportunity to upgrade their economy by becoming integrated with Eurasia. No gov't will let it just happen.

India will have to work for it by being considerate. Sooner they start the better.

India has a border with China, so they don't need CPEC for that. But if they want they can use CPEC to trade with CAS states in the future, i don't see any issues with that.

Small correction please, CPEC is not a pie, it's a lie.
:)

Not sure how you came to that conclusion, but what ever makes you happy

Why would India want to be a part of CPEC? It would imply recognizing Pakistan's claim over Kashmir. Not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom