What's new

Should i buy a house in Bahria town?

I have been looking for houses from past week. First i checked Bahria enclave but its absolutely terrible. The houses quality were a joke like i would literally rate it 2/10. Then i checked DHA Phase 2, houses were decent 6/10 but they were too expensive. Then i checked Bahria town phase 8, quality houses 8/10 but not developed. Then i started checking houses in Bahria town Phase 2, 4, 5 and 6. Found super quality houses and decently priced as well. I have found a 11 marla house that i really like in Bahria town Phase 2. Bahria town just looks amazing and i really want to get a house here.

Now the issue is how do i know if the house is gonna get cracks on walls after some months? Or if it is gonna fall down? Also if the ground has been filled? Tons of questions.

Basically what things should i check for before buying the house?
If I were in your place, best place to live in Pindi is either Double road, or Marree Road. That's my own opinion, please don't call me names for that. Or may be G sector.

I have been looking for houses from past week. First i checked Bahria enclave but its absolutely terrible. The houses quality were a joke like i would literally rate it 2/10. Then i checked DHA Phase 2, houses were decent 6/10 but they were too expensive. Then i checked Bahria town phase 8, quality houses 8/10 but not developed. Then i started checking houses in Bahria town Phase 2, 4, 5 and 6. Found super quality houses and decently priced as well. I have found a 11 marla house that i really like in Bahria town Phase 2. Bahria town just looks amazing and i really want to get a house here.

Now the issue is how do i know if the house is gonna get cracks on walls after some months? Or if it is gonna fall down? Also if the ground has been filled? Tons of questions.

Bahria towns are all great and have made decent returns for investors and end users over the years ! only thing is u dont get the lease for the land which means bahria town have total control over utility payments and also they can impose extra charges and most importantly when the price appreciation happens “ whenever it happens again “
Is triple the times on cda land than on bahria also transfer feeses are much higher so count these factors as well

Have you checked Eighteen Islamabad?

https://eighteenpk.com/

Its not really in Islamabad since sector 18 doesn't exist in islamabad but in Pindi district. But its beside sector 17 of Islamabad
Its pricey as hell mate

Its pricey as hell mate

Yes compared to Bahria but at least you have full control of land. Though overall it seem like Eighteen is more of luxury housing scheme compared to even Bahria's and DHA. And its not even in Islamabad technically speaking.

buy a house in Balakot , it will be much cheaper , open some restaurant or Hotels there and enjoy the beauty of it :D that is what i would do if i had money :D

do keep in mind 2 great issues . water issue and court issue .

Bahria doesn't have water or electricity issues. Also building own house is out of question because of some reasons that i can't say here.

The electricity in Bahria in Rawalpindi does get cut off every now and then. The 'wealthier' people often have their own generators as back up for AC.

As for living there, I visited there in March and was shocked how littered it had become. But its much better (cleanliness, space, traffic, safety) than living in the actual city which is just batshit crazy.

I have found a 11 marla house that i really like in Bahria town Phase 2.
?
Go for DHA 3 or Phase 8. Prices are very good there because they both currently developing. In 2-3 years times when they are fully developed prices will skyrocket. Also they have been planned much better than phase 1-6 and DHA 2. Roads are much wider and alot of green areas around the houses.

Whats price?

Speaking from experience of living in Canada and also in many developed countries.
Buying a house in a place like Pakistan makes me super scared.
The houses may look nice and fancy but they are built with terrible quality.
Within a few years cracks start to form and things start to go bad.
I have also noticed that people in Pakistan just accept it and think it's normal...... with proper quality, it is not normal for cracks and things to happen to a new house.

I think this happens because labor is cheap and uneducated.
You get what you pay for and since labor in Pakistan get paid peanuts, you get monkeys.

So what did you decide?
Bought a house in DHA Phase 2. Loving it here. The issue with Bahria Town Phase 1-6 after looking a long time around was that most houses which were on sale weren't new, they were renovated. Also most houses had seepage issues, they would renovate to hide them. The house that i loved in Bahria was in its phase 2 extension which has legality issues, also i went to the next house after seeing a water tanker go to his house and he told me that sometimes there is no water supply so Bahria sends free tankers but he did tell me that he doesn't know when they will start charging from him and issues like that don't fix magically... also the house gutters were clogged and the owner's explanation were shady. After being disappointed there, we found a really amazing house in Dha phase 2 and we decided to buy it because DHA is a much more safer investment than Bahria because it is under control of army so no one will ever decide to mess with them.

Bought a house in DHA Phase 2. Loving it here. The issue with Bahria Town Phase 1-6 after looking a long time around was that most houses which were on sale weren't new, they were renovated. Also most houses had seepage issues, they would renovate to hide them. The house that i loved in Bahria was in its phase 2 extension which has legality issues, also i went to the next house after seeing a water tanker go to his house and he told me that sometimes there is no water supply so Bahria sends free tankers but he did tell me that he doesn't know when they will start charging from him and issues like that don't fix magically... also the house gutters were clogged and the owner's explanation were shady. After being disappointed there, we found a really amazing house in Dha phase 2 and we decided to buy it because DHA is a much more safer investment than Bahria because it is under control of army so no one will ever decide to mess with them.

are you satisfied now?

are you satisfied now?
Yeah i am totally satisfied. The reason is there was no better option available. The current house we bought and the house in Bahria 2 phase extension were the only houses that were looking like 2.5 cr+ houses.

All other houses in both housing societies were very poorly designed and the material used for them was cheap af for 2.5+ cr. I mean if you are spending that much, you expect luxirious features and better quality materials used all over the house. I would have shared pictures here but i am afraid of getting doxed. You would have known what i am talking about.

Also the house in DHA 2 was being sold for 2.95Cr and in Bahria town 2, that was being sold 2.9 Cr. Bought DHA one for 2.65 Cr. Now no money left for furniture so have to use shitty one from previous house but we will get there slowly every year. :p

Would also invest in solar if family decides to not immigrate to Canada.

Now the issue is how do i know if the house is gonna get cracks on walls after some months? Or if it is gonna fall down? Also if the ground has been filled? Tons of questions

Hire a lab (construction related) or a small consultancy to run non destructive tests for you. But it may cost you around 200 k Pkr.

Back
Top Bottom