What's new

Shots fired at Canadian mosque

my comment was for people like KKK supporters and those white supremacists who r in one way or another creating situations for muslims where incidents like burning down of Texas Mosque is happening and it is happening allot its just not coming in the media alot or may b a small headline in the corner of a newspaper...

Brother, I live in the same world as you. I see the same hate incidents as you. However, I choose not to respond to hate with hate. And my request to you was to spare a thought for the victims, the families, and their loved ones instead of 'White men', KKK, neo-Nazis, White supremacists, etc. There will be other occasions to deride them but now is not a good time.

And this comes after few hours of PM officially saying they will come citizens of those countries banned by US..... RIP

@Manidabest This guy is a 'white man' too.

The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, issued the following statement today after hearing of the fatal shooting at the Centre culturel islamique de Québec located in the Ste-Foy neighbourhood of the city of Québec:

“It was with tremendous shock, sadness and anger that I heard of this evening’s tragic and fatal shooting at the Centre culturel islamique de Québec located in the Ste-Foy neighbourhood of the city of Québec.

“We condemn this terrorist attack on Muslims in a centre of worship and refuge.

“On behalf of all Canadians, Sophie and I offer our deepest condolences to the family and friends of all those who have died, and we wish a speedy recovery to those who have been injured.

“While authorities are still investigating and details continue to be confirmed, it is heart-wrenching to see such senseless violence. Diversity is our strength, and religious tolerance is a value that we, as Canadians, hold dear.

“Muslim-Canadians are an important part of our national fabric, and these senseless acts have no place in our communities, cities and country. Canadian law enforcement agencies will protect the rights of all Canadians, and will make every effort to apprehend the perpetrators of this act and all acts of intolerance.

“Tonight, we grieve with the people of Ste-Foy and all Canadians.”

http://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2017/01/29/statement-prime-minister-canada-fatal-shooting-city-quebec

World is tightening down for Muslims...expect a lot of hate crimes in foreseeable future..as far as my experiences goes...Muslims at large are not a good lot in UK and Canada..mostly surviving on welfare...

I think you are given wrong impression about Muslims in Canada. They are hard workers and come from the educational background. It is hard to survive on welfare since it is barely much in Canada, that being said Muslims in Canada prefer to work than to rely on welfare like people in U.K.

Most importantly, Canada is ruled by Justin Trudeau who is pro-Multiculturalism including Muslims, not to mention picked up Syrian Muslims from the Airport to welcome them. Justin Trudeau is the kind of man that prefers to confront hatred of any kinds. Canadian Muslims are in better hands [Justin Trudeau].

Last edited:
RIP .. Such incidence happening in Canada is very surprising. Canada has a robust multi cultural sentiment.

It's great being a muslim...the world over, terrorists kill us more than anyone else, but no one cares or worse says we deserve it.

We become victims in the west and the response is...'this is payback'

:(

6 dead, 8 injured.

This is horrific. There is rapid growing number of far right groups and trump supporters here. they actually celebrate events such as these. Ironically most of them are immigrants or refugees themselves from eastern europe, asia or indians who have strong hatred for Muslims.

Not true. Majority of Muslims here are successful professionals. Many Pakistanis in medical and financial sector

Yup, I'm a Trump supporter but don't categorize everyone else that you think that are hating Muslims. You're the one making accusation without any proof or evidence. No one is saying on the news that are immigrants or refugees from Eastern Europe, Asia or Indians hating Muslims. Muslim is a religion just like any other Religion. You are free to practice your religion just like the rest of others who believe in Catholics, Buddhism, etc. Just don't mock their religions because they believe in something different than yours. As long as you respect their boundaries and don't force people to join yours then we are all good.

If Muslim is a religion of PEACE then be it. Everyone has problems just don't bring your problems onto us.

RIP.. Tragic

It's great being a muslim...the world over, terrorists kill us more than anyone else, but no one cares or worse says we deserve it.

We become victims in the west and the response is...'this is payback'

:(

6 dead, 8 injured.

Unconfirmed reports say it may be sectarian attack within the community.. Lets wait for the reports to come out

Such attacks have been happening in Australia and Sri Lanka as well with more fundamentalist sects attacking mainstream and Sufi mosques.. Thankfully without much lives being lost

This is confirmed and it has nothing to do with sectarian issue -- Trudeau has called it a terrorist act on muslims

Irony is, the 5 who died must have fled their respective countries of birth to take refuge in Canda in fear of exactly what happened to them there.

Bottom line is, you cannot run away from death no matter what you do.

R.I.P.

Sad out, Tay.

P.S.
Just place a Muslim at the head of your army instead of figurehead positions like President. We will return the favor.
Well, it's funny that you should mention that because
Canada's Defence Minister is a Sikh.
Harjit_Sajjan_February_2016.jpg

Try again.​

Well, it's funny that you should mention that because
Canada's Defence Minister is a Sikh.
View attachment 373007
Try again.​

I was talking to an Indian not a Canadian. Try again.

Besides Canada is a new world country - a person's religion should not matter. And no one is really native there - neither this Sikh nor the White who preceded him. So Canada has been appointing non-native religion/culture/race Ministers since Day 1, nothing surprising!

Canada was founded by the victory of Protestant Albion
that treated its White Christian conquest pretty much as
it did its colonies' inhabitants : congenital idiots in semi-
slavery.
So your vision of a new world country is as adorable, as
cute as it is non-historic.

And let's stop the off-topic, have a good day, Tay.

Last edited:
16426084_1381813148559135_8086072975456152893_n.jpg

At a press conference early Monday morning, Premier minister of the Quebec province Philippe Couillard said he was “horrified” by the attack.

Addressing Quebec’s Muslim population, he said: “We are with you, you are at home, you are welcome at home, we are all Quebecers. Together, we must continue to build a society that’s open, welcoming and peaceful.”

Couillard also did not hesitate to call the shooting an act of terrorism. “We’ll soon know how organized it was, how long ago and by whom, but the fact that it’s an organized attack on a specific community, I think anywhere in the world it would qualify as a terrorist attack,” he said.

Canadian leaders express outrage and shock at Quebec mosque attack
By Jill Slattery Online Producer Global News
2017-01-30T07-00-39.533Z--1280x720.jpg

Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard said Quebec is horrified by the tragic shooting at a Quebec City mosque

Leaders and politicians are reacting to a shooting at a Quebec City mosque that has left at least six people dead.

Two people have been arrested after shots were fired inside the Centre Culturel Islamique de Quebec in the Sainte-Foy neighbourhood shortly before 8 p.m. ET Sunday.

READ MORE: Quebec City terrorist attack on mosque kills 6, injures 8

Officials quickly spoke out against the shooting. On Twitter, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called it a “cowardly attack.”

A few hours later he issued a full statement, following authorities in labeling the shooting a terrorist attack.

“It was with tremendous shock, sadness and anger that I heard of this evening’s tragic and fatal shooting at the Centre culturel islamique de Québec located in the Ste-Foy neighbourhood of the city of Québec.

We condemn this terrorist attack on Muslims in a centre of worship and refuge.

On behalf of all Canadians, Sophie and I offer our deepest condolences to the family and friends of all those who have died, and we wish a speedy recovery to those who have been injured.

While authorities are still investigating and details continue to be confirmed, it is heart-wrenching to see such senseless violence. Diversity is our strength, and religious tolerance is a value that we, as Canadians, hold dear.

Muslim-Canadians are an important part of our national fabric, and these senseless acts have no place in our communities, cities and country. Canadian law enforcement agencies will protect the rights of all Canadians, and will make every effort to apprehend the perpetrators of this act and all acts of intolerance.

Tonight, we grieve with the people of Ste-Foy and all Canadians.”

Meanwhile, Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale pledged federal support to Quebec in handling the attack. He earlier tweeted “Deeply saddened by loss of life + injured in Ste-Foy.”

Leader of the Bloc Quebecois, Rhéal Fortin, said he was “speechless in horror” after hearing of the attack and Conservative Party interim leader Rona Ambrose tweeted: “Praying for the victims of this unspeakable crime. Those responsible must face justice.”

Conservative Party leadership candidate Kellie Leitch, who has created waves for her anti-immigration platform, also added her voice to the condemnations, along with candidate Kevin O’Leary.

“Heartbreaking news out of Quebec City tonight. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims,” she tweeted.

NDP leader Tom Mulcair pledged support for the Muslim community on social media.

Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard also tweeted “The #Québec rejects categorically this barbaric violence. All our solidarity to the families of the victims, the injured and their families.”

He later added that Quebecers should “unite against this violence” and stand with those of the Muslim faith.

Opposition leader for Parti Québécois, Jean-François Lisée, tweeted his condolences and condemned “intolerable” violence against Muslims.

In a bolder statement, politician Amir Khadir from the Québec Solidaire party put blame on U.S. President Donald Trump for the attack.

“I hold an Islamophobic American president who spreads hate partly responsible. It’s dangerous,” he wrote on Twitter.

Coalition Avenir Québec leader François Legault, who had just hours before tweeted his support for Donald Trump’s ban on several Muslim-majority nations, expressed his dismay toward the attack.

Meanwhile Canadian Minister of Public Safety Ralph Goodale pledged federal support to Quebec in handling the attack. He earlier tweeted “Deeply saddened by loss of life + injured in Ste-Foy.”

Leader of the Bloc Quebecois, Rhéal Fortin, said he was “speechless in horror” after hearing of the attack.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3213175/c...d-shock-at-quebec-mosque-attack/?sf53382523=1

Back
Top Bottom