What's new

Shots fired at Canadian mosque

C3ZEMm7WIAA6b30.jpg

C3ZFPYFWMAEqzrk.jpg

well what a sad situation i guess white men are seeing muslims as a threat to the land which they themselves stole from native americans...

well what a sad situation i guess white men are seeing muslims as a threat to the land which they themselves stole from native americans...
It's called the circle of hypocrisy... but it's only a few of them...as any extemist around us..

@Fenrir no problem

Sad story. Condolences to the berieved. Hope the culprits are convicted under the law.

Maybe not the right time to say....but if all or even most Muslim countries treated their own religious minorities better...like for example not using the blasphemy law against christians and allow people of other religions to freely and openly worship ( i.e. No bombing churches) , allow high government positions to non Muslims...allow conversion If moved by personal conscience to other religions etc....there would be more broad based sympathy in general.....of course all this ain't going to change in the near future, as long as oil money keeps Saudi rich and able to subsidize their version of religion.

It is unfortunate that in most Muslim majority countries, non Muslims do not have the same rights as Muslims.

and the media is reporting it as an incident not as a terrorist attack ... shame.. and hypocrites
Others outlet saying it under "terror attack" investigations. will see..

Sad story. Condolences to the berieved. Hope the culprits are convicted under the law.

Maybe not the right time to say....but if all or even most Muslim countries treated their own religious minorities better...like for example not using the blasphemy law against christians and allow people of other religions to freely and openly worship ( i.e. No bombing churches) , allow high government positions to non Muslims...allow conversion If moved by personal conscience to other religions etc....there would be more broad based sympathy in general.....of course all this ain't going to change in the near future, as long as oil money keeps Saudi rich and able to subsidize their version of religion.

It is unfortunate that in most Muslim majority countries, non Muslims do not have the same rights as Muslims.
Maybe but not the right topics for that...

RIP
40 people were inside the Islamic cultural centre in Quebec city, no one knows yet if the perpetrators were inside or if they came from outside and fired the shots..
5 confirmed dead..

RIP
40 people were inside the Islamic cultural centre in Quebec city, no one knows yet if the perpetrators were inside or if they came from outside and fired the shots..
5 confirmed dead..

Well...

Quebec City Police say several people are dead after shots were fired inside a Quebec City mosque on Sunday night during evening prayers.

Multiple people are also feared wounded. Their condition is not known at this time.

A few dozen people were inside the Islamic cultural centre of Quebec in the Sainte-Foy neighbourhood when the shooting began just after 8 p.m.

Quebec City Police Constable Étienne Doyon said mostly men were gathered at the mosque for evening prayers.

The director of the centre said at least five people were killed, but that information has not been confirmed by police.

Two suspects have been arrested, one of whom was apprehended after a chase that ended near l'île d'Orléans.

A large perimeter has been set up around the mosque.

mosque-photo-quebec-city.jpg

Quebec City police say two suspects have been arrested. (Radio-Cananda)

'A Quebecois accent'
A witness, who asked to remain anonymous, told CBC's French-language service Radio-Canada that two masked individuals entered the mosque.

"It seemed to me that they had a Quebecois accent. They started to fire, and as they shot they yelled, 'Allahu akbar!' The bullets hit people that were praying. People who were praying lost their lives. A bullet passed right over my head," said the witness.

"There were even kids. There was even a three-year-old who was with his father."

canadian-press-map.jpg

A few dozen people were inside the Islamic cultural centre of Quebec in the Sainte-Foy neighbourhood when the shooting began just after 8 p.m. (Canadian Press)

Quebec premier tweets in solidarity with victims
Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard said in a tweet that the province is mobilizing to assure the safety of Quebec City residents.

He added that "Quebec categorically rejects this barbaric violence" and offered solidarity with the families of victims and wounded.

Last June, during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, a pig's head was left on the doorstep of the mosque.

Fusillade au Centre culturel islamique: le gouvernement est mobilisé pour assurer la sécurité de la population de #Québec. #polqc

@phcouillard
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called the shooting a "cowardly attack" and said Canadians were grieving for the victims.

Tonight, Canadians grieve for those killed in a cowardly attack on a mosque in Quebec City. My thoughts are with victims & their families.

@JustinTrudeau

Bullshit.

How often do Muslims go shoot inside Churches or Temples? (Except ISIS controlled areas - but they are not recognized as a legitimate entity by Muslim world.)

Blasphemy law is different - it's a case of bad law, like India's beef ban. The victim can live without swearing at God or not eating beef (in case of India). I'm personally against such laws.

Sure we can grant top positions to non-Muslims. Just place a Muslim at the head of your army instead of figurehead positions like President. We will return the favor.

Anyways off-topic and crappy logic.

Shame on you.

This is a moment of loss and grief. You should spare a thought for the victims, the families, and their loved ones, not start a 'white men' hate fest.

Here is a tweet from the Mayor of a Canadian city. Can you read the responses under his tweet?

Responses:

Compare your outburst with their thoughtful response. Do they sound like hateful people to you? They do not to me. Kindly stop generalising.

Meanwhile, I had the displeasure of reading this disturbing news in Dawn today:
In America, a mosque was burned down and people pooled money to rebuild it again. Now can we pool money to rebuild their houses?

Last edited:
Shame on you.

This is a moment of loss and grief. You should spare a thought for the victims, the families, and their loved ones, not start a 'white men' hate fest.

Here is a tweet from the Mayor of a Canadian city. Can you read the responses under his tweet?

Responses:

Compare your outburst with their thoughtful response. Do they sound like hateful people to you? They do not to me. Kindly stop generalising.

Meanwhile, I had the displeasure of reading this disturbing news in Dawn today:
In America, a mosque was burned down and people pooled money to rebuild it again. Now can we pool money to rebuild their houses?

my comment was for people like KKK supporters and those white supremacists who r in one way or another creating situations for muslims where incidents like burning down of Texas Mosque is happening and it is happening allot its just not coming in the media alot or may b a small headline in the corner of a newspaper...

And this comes after few hours of PM officially saying they will welcome citizens of those countries banned by US..... RIP

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom