What's new

Shopper Finds Chinese Prison Laborer's Secret Cry For 'HELP' Inside Bag

JayAtl

BANNED
Reaction score
NEW YORK CITY — Stephanie Wilson was reaching for a receipt inside a paper shopping bag from Saks Fifth Avenue when she found a letter pleading, "HELP HELP HELP."

The message, written in blue ink on white lined paper, appeared to be a desperate cry from a man who said he made the bag while being unfairly held in a Chinese prison factory more than 7,000 miles away.

"We are ill-treated and work like slaves for 13 hours every day producing these bags in bulk in the prison factory," continued the letter, which was tucked into the bottom of the bag. It ended, "Thanks and sorry to bother you."

"I read the letter and I just shook," said Wilson, 28, an Australian who lives in West Harlem. "I could not believe what I was reading."
original.jpg

Stephanie Wilson discovered a letter in 2012 hidden in a Saks Fifth Avenue shopping bag that she got when she bought a pair of Hunter rainboots at the department store. The letter claimed to be from a wrongly imprisoned man in China. Photo: DNAinfo/Serena Solomon

Saks Fifth Ave. Shopper Finds Prison Laborer's Secret Cry For 'HELP' Inside Shopping Bag

Sounds like a Tall tale.......

A Chinese slave Laborer in China writes a letter in Impeccable English asking for help from the some unknown Westerner. Sounds more like some desperate Westerner is looking for some free
" Publicity " at China's expense.... :p:

Last edited:
Hi,

This happens a lot----. A similar thing happened in Karachi pakistan----where the workers were locked inside ( during work hours---not a slave camp )---the generator caught fire and the they were burnt along with the building.

Back
Top Bottom