What's new

Shivaji ; Maharana Pratap ; Ranjeet Singh are NATIONAL LEADERS ;Akbar And Tipu Sultan are NOT

Stephen Cohen

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Dear INDIAN Friends

In the present controversy regarding Tipu Sultan and Shivaji in Karnataka

Here I would Like to present a LIST of Statues in INDIAN PARLIAMENT

This is a List of NATIONAL LEADERS over the Centuries

It includes Shivaji Maharaj ; Maharana Pratap and Maharaja Ranjeet Singh

The so called secular kings like Akbar and Tipu are NOT considered worthy of being called National leaders
for OBVIOUS Reasons

PARLIAMENT HOUSE ESTATE

http://164.100.47.132/LssNew/our parliament/List of Statues and Portraits.htm

@Bang Galore @ranjeet @GURU DUTT @Joe Shearer @Aminroop

Dear INDIAN Friends

The so called secular kings like Akbar and Tipu are NOT considered worthy of being called National leaders
for OBVIOUS Reasons

PARLIAMENT HOUSE ESTATE

None of them should be classified as national leaders. No point in reading too much into that list, depends on interest from supporters.

Dear INDIAN Friends

for OBVIOUS Reasons

PARLIAMENT HOUSE ESTATE

@SarthakGanguly @Kashmiri Pandit @Spectre

Dear INDIAN Friends

for OBVIOUS Reasons

PARLIAMENT HOUSE ESTATE

Relax. Calm down. Peacefully remove Tipu's statues that are being celebrated.

If you really have issues, hit it with a car. :P Make it look like a convenient accident. Failed brakes and the like. Some damage to the car as well. But $hit happens. :(

Dear INDIAN Friends

for OBVIOUS Reasons

PARLIAMENT HOUSE ESTATE

Akbar i disagree TIpu

don't know about Tipu... but Akbar is Definitely a National leader....
(the word National hero is to be explained properly... its different from National leader|...Mangal Pandey, Bhagat Singh, Ashfakulla, Netaji etc etc were national heroes... who died for there motherland.... most king/emperor fought for there own ego and power)

Dear INDIAN Friends

for OBVIOUS Reasons

PARLIAMENT HOUSE ESTATE

Please DO NOT tag me, ever again. I have no point in common with you, except, regrettably, that you too are an India citizen. A disgraceful one.

Akbar was a national leader. No doubt.

Are you not feeling well?

All my life have read Tipu Sultan was a great Warrior but same Level of Importance was not given to Maharana Pratap.

Did you Know Mutiny in Bengal was AS BIG as that of Meerut.

No one knows of Subedar and Sirdar Bahadoor of Bengal Sikh Police Battalion, & Captain T. Rattray

Congress Govt has written History for their Interests.

How many Young Boys below 30 Years here know british used to Fire Convicts from Cannon.

Did you know Bahadur Shah Zafar was not keen to fight for India he was only keen for his empire.,,

Last edited:
All six of the people mentioned here and their recognition today by the government bears no relevance. I am amazed that we are discussing such trivial issues, is there a dearth of issues facing us?

How about providing high quality education, providing security to every women, slamming corrupt leaders behind bars, providing safe drinking water, better wages, reducing un-employment - wouldn't these issues help in honoring which ever national leader that one fancies.

All my life have read Tipu Sultan was a great Warrier but sae Level of Importance was not given to Maharana Pratap.

Did you Know Munity in Bengal was AS BIG as that of Meerut.

No one knows of Subedar and Sirdar Bahadoor of Bengal Sikh Police Battalion, & Captain T. Rattray

Congress Govt has written History for their Interests.

How many Young Boys below 30 Years here know british used to Fire Convicts from Cannon.

Did you know Bahadur Shah Zafar was not keen to fight for India he was only keen for his empire.,,

Yes, I know all this, and any history student worth her salt knows it too. It is the amateurs who come across these facts accidentally, never having read history after school, and faint in sheer surprise.

Not great, but okayish. Why do you ask?

Akbar was a relatively enlightened soul - no one can deny that.

You caught me entirely by surprise.

BTW, if you look carefully, within his limitations, Tipu was not a bad ruler either. Not to be compared, but he tried hard.

Muslims and Hindus have different heroes of their own religion. This is not opinion but fact. The best idea is to preserve each history and each religions people should be given responsibility to protect and promote their cultural/religious artifacts. Nothing should be imposed on the other. Let Hindus call Tipu a villain. He is our hero and their villain very much like Rana Sanga and Maharana Pratap are hindu heroes. The idea of history, especially religious is that people view it with their own different eyes and colour history with their own perception. Freedom to believe what they want is a crux of the entire debate.

It doesn't affect us the slightest if Tipu is called a villain. Similarly it should not affect the Hindus if the Pala, Chalukya and other Indian dynasties are seen negatively by muslims. The problem arises from our refusal to accept these differences in followers of religions different thoughts.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom