What's new

Shireen Mazari resigns from PTI

Its sad but I think she might come back too. As she said she is read to serve the party again. I think PTI long time members need to give Imran and his team some time.

Immy needs to get his act together and come up with some real policies to keep his act on the road. People were drawn to the PTI after the "Change" slogan but it takes concrete policies to keep them there, which the part lacks. Coupled with childish statements like ending terrorism and corruption in 100 days and the power crisis in a year have also made more educated party members question the sanity of such statements. Then there's the famous Imran Khan magic act, liberal in one moment, conservative the next. Immy needs to frame a definitive and concrete party policy or PTI will continue to lose political weight.

He has cleared this thing alot of times. His position about the 100 day claim is that he will try and end the high level corruption, which is rampant in the upper echelons of government. Like Zardari having his hands full in LPG business etc etc, the Gilanis getting a whole new makeover, and things like these.

His WoT policy also seems a bit strange. His point is that stop taking money, and do the war on your own initiative (which is happening to a certain extent). He wants the war to end, and complete peace with the TTP. That would be difficult. But if he gets into power, he will have to consult with the Army and other services, and they would give him some advice.

His economic policy, assets on website, and some other plans do certainly make the party different from the rest.

But I have to admit, I am still guessing whether to vote for him, if you would have asked me this question 3-4 months ago, I would have said yes, but now, I am a little less surer, but then the sight of Nawaz Sharif or PPP again getting into power frightens me!

There is a difference. If the people in his party resort to corruption after being elected and he reigns down on them, then he remains clean.

Using your money to get votes is nothing new in Pakistan and not considered AS illegal as making money illegally. A vote is every Pakistani's national right so however he votes, for issue or for money its his issue. But corruption is no one's right. Depends how IK handles it all.

That is such a weird comment. If you use money to fight & win elections (i.e. money of interested parties) and then somehow hope to run a clean government, you are guilty of great delusion. Those who give money do not do so out of their goodness of their heart, they do so because they expect something in return. That "something" is never simple stuff. Once you get your feet dirty, it soon becomes a question of "when" & "how much", not of "if". You will soon be arguing quantum of corruption and not whether the party is corrupt. No way out then.

I started opposing PTI a year back, looks like I have better vision and understanding of Pakistani politics than most in PTI and all you loosers here...lmao

The day Imran started beating Anti and only anti PML-N drums, it was obvious he is playing someone else's game. Slowly you will all learn the realities of Pakistani Politics.

Pakistan future is still PML-N

I started opposing PTI a year back, looks like I have better vision and understanding of Pakistani politics than most in PTI and all you loosers here...lmao

The day Imran started beating Anti and only anti PML-N drums, it was obvious he is playing someone else's game. Slowly you will all learn the realities of Pakistani Politics.

Than the future is bright i guess, status quo will remain. Corruption will be rampant and the economy will stay in shackles. I am not the biggest fan of IK and i disagree with some of his policies, but out of all the lot he is the best one.

This is a huge loss and a wake up call for Imran & and his team.

there is no wake up call sir....politics is a dirty game...its a family business....a profession and a career with endless charms.....every one in it is for either money,power or fame........these slogans of serving the poor man are all fake and lies.....every politician is serving his family and friends..........

with this same trend Pti wont even grab more than 20 seats in the national assembly.......

i think all those who are leaving PTI should join Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan's party......

He has cleared this thing alot of times. His position about the 100 day claim is that he will try and end the high level corruption, which is rampant in the upper echelons of government. Like Zardari having his hands full in LPG business etc etc, the Gilanis getting a whole new makeover, and things like these.

Again, I must reiterate that this is the tip of the iceberg, for a country with 30% of it's economy underground, 100 days isn't enough to even scratch the surface, especially when everyone from the watchman to the manager, all have their hands in the pudding.

His WoT policy also seems a bit strange. His point is that stop taking money, and do the war on your own initiative (which is happening to a certain extent). He wants the war to end, and complete peace with the TTP. That would be difficult. But if he gets into power, he will have to consult with the Army and other services, and they would give him some advice.

We tried peace a couple of times, and we saw how the Nizam-e-Adal Accord, Bajaur Ceasefire and NWA Peace Treaty go. There can be no peace with the TTP, only unconditional surrender.

His economic policy, assets on website, and some other plans do certainly make the party different from the rest.

Posting a list of "Declared Assets" on the website is mighty poor method of auditing them. I can have two bank accounts and declare only one, or transfer lands to a relative's name and post faulty "Declared Assets" on the internet.

But I have to admit, I am still guessing whether to vote for him, if you would have asked me this question 3-4 months ago, I would have said yes, but now, I am a little less surer, but then the sight of Nawaz Sharif or PPP again getting into power frightens me!

Breaking status quo doesn't mean voting for Imran, in any case, he's not gaining 2/3rd majority and if he's going to stick with his word, he's not going to form any coalition government.

Does any one has info on her statements given on Foreign policy against PTI's policy ?

You started all right but the last line completely dunked your entire post, Nawaz Sharif has no political vision what-so-ever. Shahbaz Sharif is slightly better but his vision is also limited to one city. The Sharifs have used all the dirty tricks in the book to try and score voters, from maligning others to making false statements and tax evasion has to be their strongest ability yet!

Well when compared to Imran Khan, Mian Sahab looks pretty good.
At least The Military fears Mian Sahab. They know he's an independent Man or PML-N is an independent party when it comes to executing Domestic and International policies unlike Imran Khan. Who insists on failed experiments as compromising with Mullahs among others.

Not really..
the Lahore jalsa was the actual wake up call..
that gathering masses is not the only thing that wins elections in this countries messed up politics.
You need the "electable" to deal with the patwari.. and to deal with the Poor rural masses that get the main election winning votes.

Like any good politician... he will have to compromise on principles.. he will have to let the likes of "electables" into his realm even though he knows their calibre. And he will have to rely on his ability to compromise and change the system at the same time.
Rousing speeches, grand promises.. do not cure the cancer patient that is Pakistan...

And no leader can expect to be left pristine like Jinnah.. for he was unique..
Bhutto fell.. so will Imran..
Eventually.. the PTI will become not much different.. than the Parties it vows to oppose.. the PML and PPP..
and the beat goes on.. darep-derup-dum

Lagg gaye pair zameen par :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

She has a point and then she does not.

If I am a rich party member and she is a poor one and if I use my money to get party votes, is that wrong?

Moreover - she called all these practices as 'rumors'.

yes......................

Shireen Mazari very well knows that Imran Khan is a puppet at the hands of Pak army and he is appeasing mullahs....if Imran gets elected there will be more islamic extremism in Pak......so she has resigned from a islamic extremist party...good decision

He is a puppet of the Army and supports Islamic extremism at the same time, I'd agree but your post is self-contradictory. With Islamic Extremists costing civilian and military casualties alike, besides making the Army spend bundles on security, it seems unlikely that they would invest in Islamic Extremism.

Sad that she has retired from politics altogether... and given up the cause she probably believed in, WE WONT !!

P.S.

After reading her resignation letter, I agree that Shireen Mazari is on the right !!

Departure of Dr. Mazari shows that no one will be given special treatment while in PTI. Everyone is accountable. She resigned just because she was issued a show-cause notice and why was it issued? Because Dr. Mazari got upset the way her daughter was treated and when Mazari went bonker in her speech later on TV since IK in Rajanpur didn't visit her constituency...

If she had any upsetting attitude she shouldn't have shown frustration in her speech and while on TV. If you've any issues it can be talked into party meetings - going open on those issues is against the ethics of party principles... and any leadership could get upset with that. Capt Rtd Safdar - the Damaad of PMLN issued some notorious statements against their KPK leadership and as a result he was suspended sometime from party membership... he was suspended just to give him a lesson and that he should be careful about party's position while spewing any venom.

Now see the twitter from Dr. Mazari below,
Shireen Mazari ‏@ShireenMazari1
Let me make it clear yes I was served a show cause notice & my resignation came after due deliberation. I was NOT suspended from the party!

Shireen Mazari ‏@ShireenMazari1
No senior leader condemned the attacks on my daughter by PTI members and supporters, this saddened me #mypressconference

Dr. Mazari, I don't agree with you on this... did you ever yourself condemned the acts of your daughter? You made yourself separated from the issue by declaring your daughter as an adult and that she can take the decisions on her own... now why this halla gulla is all about, why are you blaming leadership for not showing any sympathies to you while your daughter was trolled by those so called PTI-trolls?

Mazari, your daughter was a mere supporter just like anyone in the street, why'd PTI's leadership condemn the attacks on your daughter even though she's to blame for having such big mouth... you're implying that she was someone special and the party should've issued a statement in this regard?... sorry madam that's PTI and your daughter was/is not so special (may be to you) but to PTI she was just a street walking supporter nothing else.

You had been an important asset of PTI and we wish you best of luck... but you've proved that you're a MOM not a LEADER.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom