What's new

Ship stealing from Pak-India found finally

You may be correct; my understanding, however, is different.

You may wish to check the story of Black Swan. The richest find by the same company.

Odyssey Marine Drops as Court Upholds ‘Black Swan’ Ruling - Businessweek

Sept. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. fell as much as 44 percent as an appeals court upheld a ruling that property it recovered from a sunken ship code-named “Black Swan” must be returned to Spain.

The U.S. Court of Appeals in Atlanta affirmed the lower- court ruling in a decision today.

“The district court did not err when it ordered Odyssey to release” the property to Spain, the appeals court said.

In December 2009, U.S. District Judge Steven D. Merryday in Tampa, Florida, backed Spain’s position on the treasure from the ship, whose full name is Nuestra Senora de las Mercedes, and dismissed the case that Odyssey Marine had brought. Merryday had said Odyssey could hold the property while it pursued its appeal.

Odyssey fell to $1.80 before closing at $2.16, down 33 percent, in Nasdaq Stock Market trading.

The company will ask the full appeals court to rehear the case, it said in a statement.

“While we were surprised by the ruling and are obviously not pleased with the opinion, there is no near-term economic impact on the company,” President Mark Gordon said in the statement.

Odyssey, which searches for sunken treasure, said in May 2007 it recovered more than 17 tons (15,422 kilograms) of silver coins from the ship, which went down in the Atlantic Ocean off the Strait of Gibraltar.

‘Pivotal 1804 Engagement’

Spain, contesting the company’s claim to the wreck, said it is “a Spanish frigate that exploded in a pivotal 1804 engagement with the British and precipitated Spain’s declaration of war against Britain,” U.S. Magistrate Judge Mark A. Pizzo wrote in a June 2009 report.

Pizzo agreed with Spain that the U.S. lacks jurisdiction over the case and recommended that Merryday dismiss it and order the property returned to Spain, which he did.

Odyssey argued the ship isn’t entitled to sovereign immunity because it was “primarily on a commercial voyage when it sank, and therefore should not be considered as a ‘warship,’” the company said in the statement. More than 70 percent of the coins never belonged to Spain, the company has said.

The case is Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. v. The Unidentified Shipwrecked Vessel, 10-10269, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit (Atlanta), and 8:07-cv-00614, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida (Tampa).

Our kohinoor diamond is still with england.

The Kōh-i Nūr (Telugu: కోహినూరు, Hindi: कोहिनूर, Persian/Urdu: کوہ نور ) which means "Mountain of Light" in Persian, also spelled Koh-i-noor, Koh-e Noor or Koh-i-Nur, is a 105 carat (21.6 g) diamond (in its most recent cut) that was once the largest known diamond in the world. The Kōh-i Nūr originated in the state of Andhra Pradesh in India along with its double, the Dayr-i-noor (the "Sea of Light"). It has belonged to various Hindu, Mughal, Turkic, Afghan, Sikh and British rulers who fought bitterly over it at various points in history and seized it as a spoil of war time and time again. It was most recently seized by the East India Company and became part of the British Crown Jewels when Queen Victoria was proclaimed Empress of India in 1877.

Since when did it become yours. It belonged Last to the King of Lahore, now in Pakistan.

The Kōh-i Nūr (Telugu: కోహినూరు, Hindi: कोहिनूर, Persian/Urdu: کوہ نور ) which means "Mountain of Light" in Persian, also spelled Koh-i-noor, Koh-e Noor or Koh-i-Nur, is a 105 carat (21.6 g) diamond (in its most recent cut) that was once the largest known diamond in the world. The Kōh-i Nūr originated in the state of Andhra Pradesh in India along with its double, the Dayr-i-noor (the "Sea of Light"). It has belonged to various Hindu, Mughal, Turkic, Afghan, Sikh and British rulers who fought bitterly over it at various points in history and seized it as a spoil of war time and time again. It was most recently seized by the East India Company and became part of the British Crown Jewels when Queen Victoria was proclaimed Empress of India in 1877.

Since when did it become yours. It belonged Last to the King of Lahore, now in Pakistan.

now you will say when did Britishers come to India and stole gold and silver of billions?? saley choorr. I saw those deep wounds and holes on the walls of many palaces once where they jewels.

The last king of lahore willed it to a temple in Orissa, but the British, illegitimate invaders in India by force made the successor ''gift'' it to the queen.

The whole british presence in India was illegal and illegitimate. The Kohinoor was found in India and belongs to the people of India. It was not bought by the British but taken by force.

The last king of lahore willed it to a temple in Orissa, but the British, illegitimate invaders in India by force made teh successor to ''gift'' it to the queen.

The whole british presence in India was illegal and illegitimate. The Kohinoor was found in India and belongs to the people of India. It was not bought by the British but taken by force.

There was no India at that time. Some Princely states welcomed the British and maybe some did not. The Romans and Vikings pillaged todays England, you don't see us running to them asking for our stuff back. By your analogy the King of Lahore cannot will something which he himself took by force.

There was no India at that time. Some Princely states welcomed the British and maybe some did not. The Romans and Vikings pillaged todays England, you don't see us running to them asking for our stuff back. By your analogy the King of Lahore cannot will something which he himself took by force.

Here you go..Another No-India Theory...

Thats mighty white of you, but the fact is its not yours, you took it by force and as such we have every right to say its ours :)

My analogy in the end brings the great diamond back to the people of Golkonda, now in India. Since the diamond is a great rare treaure and symbolises the great centuries long theft in India we are a bit touchy about it. We are not asking you to empty your mansions and musuems and send everything back. That will make my london visits pretty boring...

Hey, genius, India has been there much longer than UK. If there was no India where the name India came from in EAST INDIA Company? The fact is there was an India when there was still no English language let alone English people and English country. It is very racist of you to come here and deny the existence of a nation. Ever hear of Mogul India? I guess not. They dont teach you that school. They teach you only how great British were raping their victims on all continents.

Thats mighty white of you, but the fact is its not yours, you took it by force and as such we have every right to say its ours :)

My analogy in the end brings the great diamond back to the people of Golkonda, now in India. Since the diamond is a great rare treaure and symbolises the great centuries long theft in India we are a bit touchy about it. We are not asking you to empty your mansions and musuems and send everything back. That will make my london visits pretty boring...

hehehehe....That was a good one...

No the original owners was the property of Kakatiya kings who installed it as a Goddess's eye in a temple but that diamond is cursed any female who keeps it will have misery in their family look at your Diana, Fergie and Ann they are all cursed.

You can keep yr blood diamond and rot in misery, you people are bunch of thieves we should sue you like the Jews did to the Nazis' for crimes you did in the British empire and trust me you would not have a leg to stand on with all the African nations behind us.

They wont give it back it's enshrined in the Queen's crown now. We need to wait another 2-3 years when they become even more broke and make them a offer they can't refuse :azn:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom