What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

Any idea how many J-15s China plans to produce?
I think it depend on how many aircraft carrier will build ... at least currently CV-16 "LiaoNing" need 30+ J-15 and prepare 30+ for duty rotation, also need some J-15 to train new pilots.

Wasn't China negotiating with Russia to buy Su-33's??
After S.U gone, Russian closed Su-33 produce line. Now they select Mig-29k with Indian, they think invest money to build a Mig-29k produce line is cheaper than re-open Su-33 produce line, specially many Su-33's componet manufacturers came from other states of S.U now they all gone.
Russian need to do lots of work to make Su-33 reborn, but smart Russian find Indian to invest Mig-29k joint project.

Last edited:
J-15 testing

11177900083_a79579931a_o.jpg

11177900533_3b8efb35db_o.jpg

11177900563_39a4a19444_o.jpg

11177900753_a8d87fcf21_o.jpg

11177901183_20ec3ec57b_o.jpg

I think it depend on how many aircraft carrier will build ... at least currently CV-16 "LiaoNing" need 30+ J-15 and prepare 30+ for duty rotation, also need some J-15 to train new pilots.

After S.U gone, Russian closed Su-33 produce line. Now they select Mig-29k with Indian, they think invest money to build a Mig-29k produce line is cheaper than re-open Su-33 produce line, specially many Su-33's componet manufacturers came from other states of S.U now they all gone.
Russian need to do lots of work to make Su-33 reborn, but smart Russian find Indian to invest Mig-29k joint project.

In my opinion why don't you guys use J-15 as a stopgap measure & start(if not already started) on a naval J-31 or J-20 :china:
What's your opinion
& your argument is not right Russians realised that small Mig-29k is better on STOVL carriers than the big SU-33
But we financed Mig-29k is also one of the major reasons

In my opinion why don't you guys use J-15 as a stopgap measure & start(if not already started) on a naval J-31 or J-20
I think it's better for J-15 to be main naval fighter of China until 2030's. The J-15 would be cheaper since it is not stealth.

By 2030, I think J-31 will be a good choice to replace the J-15. J-20 isn't really a good plane to replace J-15, since it is too big and heavy. Also, naval J-20 would need to carry less load, sacrificing it's weapon loadout and range.

If China was to make a V/STOL plane, like Harrier or F-35B, the J-31 would be a good candidate.

In my opinion, China needs 3 CATOBAR carriers and 5 small carriers for V/STOL planes. By 2030, China would need to replace J-15 with J-31.

In my opinion why don't you guys use J-15 as a stopgap measure & start(if not already started) on a naval J-31 or J-20 :china:
What's your opinion
& your argument is not right Russians realised that small Mig-29k is better on STOVL carriers than the big SU-33
But we financed Mig-29k is also one of the major reasons

According to Huitong, the competition for the 5th generation Naval fighter jet is ongoing between SAC (Navalized J-31) and CAC (Navalized J-20).

The winner has not been chosen yet.

Huitong says the J-15 is a stopgap measure. Although J-15B is under development and J-15S to be EW variant.

According to Huitong, the competition for the 5th generation Naval fighter jet is ongoing between SAC (Navalized J-31) and CAC (Navalized J-20).

The winner has not been chosen yet.

Huitong says the J-15 is a stopgap measure. Although J-15B is under development and J-15S to be EW variant.

So you are basically saying that J-15 is gonna act as a stop gap measure for 10-15 years
Considering that Competion is on then design will be freezed after a couple of years of research prototypes will fly
10-15 years it will take to come up with a full combat ready Chinese naval 5th gen aircraft
Till then J-15 with constant upgrades & stuff
Right? :pop:

So you are basically saying that J-15 is gonna act as a stop gap measure for 10-15 years
Considering that Competion is on then design will be freezed after a couple of years of research prototypes will fly
10-15 years it will take to come up with a full combat ready Chinese naval 5th gen aircraft
Mr what ever they have is more than enough to destroy you and many other small countries who are messing with China

I think it's better for J-15 to be main naval fighter of China until 2030's. The J-15 would be cheaper since it is not stealth.

By 2030, I think J-31 will be a good choice to replace the J-15. J-20 isn't really a good plane to replace J-15, since it is too big and heavy. Also, naval J-20 would need to carry less load, sacrificing it's weapon loadout and range.

If China was to make a V/STOL plane, like Harrier or F-35B, the J-31 would be a good candidate.

In my opinion, China needs 3 CATOBAR carriers and 5 small carriers for V/STOL planes. By 2030, China would need to replace J-15 with J-31.

Problem with having a massive fan in the middle of the plane is it will cause the plane to become heavier, it will also affect the planes maximum load.

From a technological achievements perspective it maybe desirable to have and it may look good when you look at the paper spec, but on a personal level, I don't think it is ideal at all.

I think it is more ideal to have lighter fighter, each with the capability to carry more load, giving them the maneuverability and greater number of munitions to carry out their missions.

China has next-gen fighter project for the Navy, will replace J-15. It would be J-20 Navy version / J-31 Navy version / other 2x engines medium-size fighter. J-15 just current main fighter for PLAN's CV16 and next aircraft carrier, not serve for a long time. When J-20 mass produce and join PLAAF, soon PLAN will accept new 5-gen fighter stronger than J-15.

11221728684_a2ee66c62b_o.jpg

Mr what ever they have is more than enough to destroy you and many other small countries who are messing with China

WHOA man don't be to harsh on me man
It hurts man :cray:
If you will try to read my post on Chinese threads you will see I have most of the times Contributed to them & positively
I might add
Only in the rarest of instances I have trolled
That to was counter trolling
Btw this is a nice thread lets not ruin it
My question was a genuine one
& from the bottom of my heart I am sorry if I hurt your feelings

Back
Top Bottom