What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

OMG the best idiotic line ever :rofl::rofl::rofl:

for god sake, scientists are designing a 5th gen fighter, not designing next Hollywood Transformer movie kits``! please cut of these noncensical craps so to make your posts are a bit more creditable`thx

The joke is on you, and what is up with 'OMG' you sound like a 13 year old girl gossiping over a boyfriend. The sawthooth edges, serrated edges, lines of intersection ect are all know and used terms. I stand by my earlier comment because it is true and verifiable. A wing geometry is very important in designing an aircraft that can achieve low oberervability; serrated edges or whatever other term you prefer is there for a reason.

If my earlier post was too simplistic it is because none of you fanboys understand what I’m talking about or even respect the laws of physics. But upon request I will make my post more credible.

Firstly, all wing designs give off edge diffraction, this usually occurs off of wing tips. The designers of 'stealth' aircraft such as B-2, pak-fa, F-22, ect incorporate those unusual serrated edges in order to minimize specular reflection or direct the diffraction away from the receivers.

Take a look:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...uY21Cw&usg=AFQjCNEI_27uXbLru926maszAirftSRaeQ

Diffraction takes place when waves encounteran edge—like a wingtip—and are diffractedin all directions around a cone.

And here is proof that sawthooth or serrated edges work for 'mitigating' or reducing edge diffraction:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...3qjCCw&usg=AFQjCNFYejyZQ4Z2UM1GFZ0cOTZ4veN1uQ

Serrated edge treatment has been employed as a means of mitigating the effects of edge diffraction associated with compact range reflectors

It has been long know that wing sweep plays an important role in 'stealth' design. The wings themselves as well as the sweep of edges or tip of wings also reduce returns.

Again take a look:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...uY21Cw&usg=AFQjCNEI_27uXbLru926maszAirftSRaeQ

swept edges on a trailing wing edge can direct the transmitted energy away from the direction of the threat.

This is another example as to why serrated edges are incorporated. It also is why the F-22 and pak-fa have those unusual wing-tips that are angled towards the rear of the aircraft. Most people fail to recognize the importance or relevance of a well designed wing, the goal is to transmit energy away from the receivers, this is achieved by many factors, but the most important and most widely used technique is serrated edges. Further, all stealth aircraft have smooth flat surfaces which is necessary because any protrusions can cause EM energy to diffract. But a smooth flat surface can actually cause EM energy to collect, something referred to as a 'traveling wave'. This is a delicate balancing act because although you want a smooth flat surface in order to have the smallest radar signature as possible, you also want to eliminate any imperfections as to not cause edge diffraction. Likewise, when a 'traveling wave' reaches its final destination (a wing or wing tip) it is absolutely essential that the wing is designed to re-direct or minimize EM energy, otherwise all that energy scatters of a poorly designed wing and makes it back to the receivers.

below_freezing said:
ignore the trolls. arguing with them is useless. it is pure jealousy of chinas achievements that they do this.

Let not play this game, it is the J-20 fanboys that are the aggressors. It is you and others like you that bring the pak-fa into every conversation, so why is it that whenever Chinese members start attacking the pak-fa they are innocent but when someone raises a good point about the J-20 or criticizes it they are trolls? The pattern is this, J-20 fanboy randomly spout nonsense about how the J-20 is 'more advanced' than the pak-fa and F-22 then when someone challenges that they are considered trolls. Another pattern is the utter nonsense that comes from J-20 fanboys, everything from single piece canopies to canards has been a humiliating disaster on their part, further none of the crap J-20 fanboys preach can be verified or proven. Even funnier is that the J-20 miraculously somehow defies physics. It is amusing how the pak-fa was 'not stealthy' because it had antennas and rivets but when some clearer photographs of the J-20 revealed the same those same J-20 fanboys never mentioned it again. Funny how some of the same things that the pak-fa was crucified for does not apply to the J-20. The definition of troll can be interpreted any different ways.

Seriously PTLD3 if you don't want to see people disparage anything Russian go to a Russian or Indian forum.

Seriously PTLD3 if you don't want to see people disparage anything Russian go to a Russian or Indian forum.

I do not care if people 'disparage' anything Russian as long as they can back up their claims. It is mildly annoying yet necessary when I have to constantly correct and educate people, but why do I even try? Every time I go out of my way to educate people by actually spending the time by providing credible sources and taking the time to explain why something does or does not work the way they claim, my efforts often get ignored and the J-20 fanboys continue to make up factitious claims that seem to defy physics. If I were Chinese I would be embarrassed and ashamed of such members, not only do they get public spankings but most of their claims end up backfiring on them; ex: the pak-fa's antennas are no good for 'stealth' but apparently the same rules do not apply to the J-20.

What I think he is actually trying to do is make stuff he's gleaned from defence forums/google seem academically respectable.

I do not care if people 'disparage' anything Russian as long as they can back up their claims. It is mildly annoying yet necessary when I have to constantly correct and educate people, but why do I even try? Every time I go out of my way to educate people by actually spending the time by providing credible sources and taking the time to explain why something does or does not work the way they claim, my efforts often get ignored and the J-20 fanboys continue to make up factitious claims that seem to defy physics. If I were Chinese I would be embarrassed and ashamed of such members, not only do they get public spankings but most of their claims end up backfiring on them; ex: the pak-fa's antennas are no good for 'stealth' but apparently the same rules do not apply to the J-20.

Why the F**k should I care? Its their arguments not mine. I don't have the time to monitor idiots like that. Why don't you argue with some idiots who think the Su 35 is a match for the F 35. No you have to bother insult the rest of the Chinese here by arguing with LocaLoca all the time who isn't even Chinese.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

What I think he is actually trying to do is make stuff he's gleaned from defence forums/google seem academically respectable.

Thats what 99.99 percent of the people here do. Some are just better at it then others.

Don't insult my intelligence. All my sources are from my own searching and my own words. And i seriously hope you do not think that google is a source, it is a short cut that leads you to the source, try clicking it and see where it leads you.

Can we stop arguing with no-lives wannabe experts in our own forum? They don't have any of CAC's data and evaluation all they can do to make them feel better is to speculate and convince themselves of their so-called intelligence. :lol:

Can we stop arguing with no-lives wannabe experts in our own forum? They don't have any of CAC's data and evaluation all they can do to make them feel better is to speculate and convince themselves of their so-called intelligence. :lol:

Don't be cruel. For all we know this shaky sense of superior know how is all that ptlmd has going for him. The least we can do is see that it doesn't go hungry.

Beats Photochopped crap, ya think?

U_MAD_obama_The_Ultimate_Graffiti_Guide-s450x286-94948-535.jpg

Why the F**k should I care?

I would care, they are an embracement especially when they boast of high IQ's but fail to live up to it.

Its their arguments not mine. I don't have the time to monitor idiots like that. Why don't you argue with some idiots who think the Su 35 is a match for the F 35.

But I have, and on many occasions, I came prove it if you like. You see I try to look at things in a technical manner and not from a fanboy manner. I have stated that the F-35's smaller RCS will give it an advantage. There is no need for me to stoop the level of some J-20 fanboys by furiously denying and producing factitious claims.

No you have to bother insult the rest of the Chinese here by arguing with LocaLoca all the time who isn't even Chinese.

I never insult Chinese, I only challenge and occasionally poke fun of the J-20 fanboys, most of which just happen to be Chinese, and it's actually me that constantly gets insulted, apparently it is fine to call me a vodka guzzler and russki. And it is not all J-20 enthusiasts, there are many people such as Siegecrossbow that are respectful and sensible. Further, I never criticize the J-20 just for the pleasure of criticizing I do it to educate people, and on many occasions I have offered alternative explanations or viewpoints as to why it is possible that the J-20 can overcome a particular challenge. But the J-20 fanboys are not so sensible, they believe that the pak-fa will go into production with exposed rivets, they believe that radar blockers do not work well even though that has been disproven and I general they show no mercy, but get upset when someone does the same to the J-20. And it's not just LocaLoca, there are countless members here that constantly insult not only the pak-fa but the F-22, F-35, Tejas and in general anything that is not Chinese.

Google meaning open source or do I need to use smaller words next time?

Oh, I’m sorry, next time I will bring you an aircraft engineer and his credentials to your door because apparently technical writings from accredited people are not considered sources.

And you and your fellow fanboys don't have any data from Sukhoi, but that doesn't seem to stop the fanboys from making up factitious claims. Further, i have a good understanding of how 'stealth' works. Everything i say can be varified, unless you are suggesting that experts in the field of 'stealth' are liars.

Back
Top Bottom