What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

The Chinese really need to hurry with the development of the 5th gen naval fighter. I know the first J-35 prototype will come out next year but it's still a long ways from production. I really don't see the J-15 fairing well against the F-35.

The Chinese really need to hurry with the development of the 5th gen naval fighter. I know the first J-35 prototype will come out next year but it's still a long ways from production. I really don't see the J-15 fairing well against the F-35.

It won't take long for J-35 to enter active service as Shenyang group only have to port technology from FC-31 over. If J-35 is larger fighter, the avionics and engines are already available. They just need to focus on the fuselage, wings structure. It depends on how soon Type003 carrier with EMALS being commissioned

Yeah, China's not about to have a fight with the US in the middle of the Pacific in the near future. The deterrent to America operating its carriers against China aren't a symmetrical Chinese capability, it's Chinese anti-ship missiles. Those are more than capable of holding the line until the "J-35" and 00Xs are ready and China can push its cordon sanitaire outward.

Yeah, China's not about to have a fight with the US in the middle of the Pacific in the near future. The deterrent to America operating its carriers against China aren't a symmetrical Chinese capability, it's Chinese anti-ship missiles. Those are more than capable of holding the line until the "J-35" and 00Xs are ready and China can push its cordon sanitaire outward.
I'm just saying if China wants to make use of their carriers' power projection in wartime, they better speed up the induction of the J-35.
It won't take long for J-35 to enter active service as Shenyang group only have to port technology from FC-31 over. If J-35 is larger fighter, the avionics and engines are already available. They just need to focus on the fuselage, wings structure. It depends on how soon Type003 carrier with EMALS being commissioned
I highly doubt the J-35 will be available upon the 003's commissioning. The most likely carrier air wing would be the upgraded J-15.

I'm just saying if China wants to make use of their carriers' power projection in wartime, they better speed up the induction of the J-35.

I highly doubt the J-35 will be available upon the 003's commissioning. The most likely carrier air wing would be the upgraded J-15.

It all based on how desperate PLAN needed stealth fighters to protect its fleet. The J-35 design is most likely taken from F-35 design cue but being enlarged with twin engines and more weapon bays. Most likely next year we'll see the prototype flying as soon as there's working EMALS carrier. PLAN would need numbers of J-15 for air to ground offensive anyway.

It all based on how desperate PLAN needed stealth fighters to protect its fleet. The J-35 design is most likely taken from F-35 design cue but being enlarged with twin engines and more weapon bays. Most likely next year we'll see the prototype flying as soon as there's working EMALS carrier. PLAN would need numbers of J-15 for air to ground offensive anyway.
The J-35 is a double engine fighter though right?

F-35 is way smaller than J-15. Think frigate compared to cruiser. It's not even the same class.

F-35 is way smaller than J-15. Think frigate compared to cruiser. It's not even the same class.
Yea because ones a 5th gen fighter while the other is 4th gen. The only advantage the J-15 has are its range and dogfighting ability ... everything else is a generation behind the F-35.

Yea because ones a 5th gen fighter while the other is 4th gen. The only advantage the J-15 has are its range and dogfighting ability ... everything else is a generation behind the F-35.

This is not necessarily so. F-35 stealth is to date unproven. Who knows if it's really stealth? Maybe it's not stealthy at all.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom