What's new

Sheila Dixit vs Arvind Kejriwal vs Vijay Goel debate moderated by Arnab

Truth Finder

Reaction score
Country
India
As the date for Delhi assembly elections approaches fast, leading candidates from different parties came together for a live debate on Times Now. Sheila Dixit from Congress, Arvind Kejriwal from Aam Aadmi Party, and Vijay Goel from BJP faced off in a debate moderated by Arnab Goswami.

Following is the complete transcript of the debate as it happened:

Arnab Goswami: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to this historic broadcast of The Newshour. Today, we will have a live debate between CM candidates for the Delhi assembly elections. Ms Sheila Dixit will face off against Aam Aadmi party’s Arvind Kejriwal ahead of the election battle in…

Vijay Goel: Arnab, even I am present here!

arnab-300x234.jpg

Arnab Goswami: Mr. Goel please let me complete. No no no, please let me complete. See, politicians come to these debates and want to have their say only, but you need to listen too. Listen to what the actual Aam Aadmi is saying. Don’t jump in before I call your name. So, Mr. Kejriwal, I invite you to kickoff this debate.

Arvind Kejriwal: Arnab, my first question to Sheila ji is regarding the electricity bills. The bills in Delhi are…

Arnab Goswami: Yes Sheila ji, Arvind Kejriwal is raising a very critical issue here. You see, the electricity prices in Delhi are very high. How can the people living below poverty line afford to pay those prices? They also need.

Arvind Kejriwal: Arnab, my question was…

Arnab Goswami: Arvind ji, we got your question, we got your question. Now you must also give Sheila ji time to respond. This is not a Twitter interview where you keep on asking one question after another without waiting for a response, if you wanted that you should have selected some other journalist as moderator and faced the people. This is Arnab Goswami and you are on The Newshour. We need to have a balanced debate here. So Sheila ji, what do you want to say to this charge that electricity prices are very high in Delhi?

Sheila Dixit: Arnab, I want to say…

Arnab Goswami: See, that is the problem with the politicians of today. You all want to say things but are never keen to take actions. You must act. Public is against these high prices of electricity and you should take action. Yes Mr. Kejriwal, you want to come in here?
Vijay Goel: Arnab even I want to…

Arnab Goswami: One at a time Mr Goel, One at a time. Yes Mr. Kejriwal?

Arvind Kejriwal: Sheila ji, the onion prices…

Arnab Goswami: Yes Sheila ji, Mr. Kejriwal has raised a very important point here because you see; onions are an integral part of a common man’s diet. Now, with the onion prices so high, even I think twice before chopping them. How can this government claim to be pro-poor when the onion prices are shooting through the roof?

Sheila Dixit: Even if…

Arnab Goswami: No no no Sheila ji, you cannot use words like if and but over here. I will only accept simple and direct answers without bringing in Ifs and buts. I am not the kind of journalist who sits quietly even when our PM is called a Dehati Aurat. This is Arnab Goswami and you are on The Newshour. You will have to answer questions here. Yes Mr. Kejriwal, do you want to ask your next question now?

Arvind Kejriwal: During rains, the roads…

Arnab Goswami: See, whenever it rains….

Arvind Kejriwal: AREY YAAR, WHAT THE HELL! WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE? WHY AREN’T YOU LETTING ME ASK ANY QUESTION OR ALLOWING SHEILA JI TO ANSWER ANYTHING!? Sheila ji, let’s go. This was a bad idea. Goel ji. Arey, where did Mr. Goel go?

Cameraman: He left 10 minutes ago when Arnab ji was cutting onions.

(Arvind Kejriwal and Sheila Dixit leave too)

Arnab Goswami: As you saw ladies and gentlemen, politicians are still running away from important questions and shying away from debates of national interest. But we will not run away from our responsibility. We will keep asking the direct questions that the nation wants to know.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

hahahaha I wish I could see 'Asaram bapu' debating with Arnab Goswamy. I could even pay 1000 bucks to watch that. Lols

Back
Top Bottom