What's new

Shawal Valley: The last frontier in Zarb - e - Azab!

A.M.

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
If you have been following Zarb - e - Azab closely, you know that the end is near. The Army is currently gearing up for the last stage of their ground operation which will be to clear the dreaded Shawal Valley in North Waziristan.

The final phase will be focused in the areas south of Dattakhel towards the Afghan border through the mountainous, where a large number of militants are believed to have taken refuge after fleeing the operation in other parts of North Waziristan.

I've tried to gather some information on this last frontier but i'm hoping we can use this topic as a form of discussion to learn what makes this valley so unique and tough to overcome. We all know how tough it was for the army to clear Tirah and some experts are claiming that Shawal will be even harder.

For starters, the rough location of the valley is shown below. The area is very close to the Afghanistan border.

Parachinar1.jpg

The Shawal Valley, which is thought to be administered by Taliban commander Hafiz Gul Bahadar and spans both North and South Waziristan, is a known haven for al Qaeda and other terror groups operating in the region. A number of Taliban, Pakistani, and foreign terrorist groups gather in the Shawal Valley.

The area is also a stronghold of Khan "Sajna" Said, a leader of a Taliban faction.

The US has launched 26 drone strikes in the Shawal Valley since September 2010, according to data compiled by The Long War Journal. The last of which occurred in early June.

Some questions for the other members of PDF:

1. Do we know how many soldiers will participate in this last stage?
  2. Are the ANA working in conjunction with us because what if the miscreants just run to the other side of the border when the OP starts?
  3. Will we be utilizing our newest missile laden drone in this operation?

Some pictures of the rough terrain involved

maxresdefault.jpg

61522515.jpg

CFtVDQBUMAABTc7.jpg

Best of luck to our Jawans! May Allah take care of each one of his warriors!

10393787_437238763092099_3252565938876230947_n.jpg

@fatman17 @Bratva @FalconsForPeace @Side-Winder @Horus @IRFAN ALI BALOCH

Can we expect for no american drones in Pakistan after this area is cleared?

This is going to be one hell of a tough fight. Regarding ANA if they dont cooperate, than PA should keep all options open on the table i.e to hot pursuit fleeing targets, drone strikes and even surgical strikes on hideouts. Things with Afghanistan are becoming better since Ghani resumed office but frankly speaking the Indian sponsored anti Pakistan clout will keep him occupied to openly support Pakistani effort by enforcing complete blockade on their side of the border which is why our options should be open that is to not allow rats to flee and hit even if that means going into Afghanistan and taking them out.
Best of luck to our Jawans and Godspeed. May Allah swt bless its blessings on you.Ameen

Can we expect for no american drones in Pakistan after this area is cleared?

US drones are the least of our worries specially considering they would really be doing us a favour attacking our most wanted criminals.

US drones are the least of our worries specially considering they would really be doing us a favour attacking our most wanted criminals.
We are taking care of the criminals. Drone attacks is against Pakistan's Sovereignty!:pissed:

We are taking care of the criminals. Drone attacks is against Pakistan's Sovereignty!:pissed:

I use to think the same way but to be honest and blunt what sovereignty are we talking about? Its already been over run by TTP dogs. If US can assist with their intel capacity and even drone strikes, all the better. Its the end goal that matters and as long as US and ours is same, we should not have any problem with that.

I use to think the same way but to be honest and blunt what sovereignty are we talking about? Its already been over run by TTP dogs. If US can assist with their intel capacity and even drone strikes, all the better. Its the end goal that matters and as long as US and ours is same, we should not have any problem with that.
I disagree. Even if the strikes are helping us, we need to do it in our way. Today we are letting these strikes in the name of help.
Tomorrow we will give security of our nuclear assets to americans because they are advanced and will say they are helping us.
TTP in Pakistan is our problem and we need to solve it ourselves. And so are our other problems.

I disagree. Even if the strikes are helping us, we need to do it in our way. Today we are letting these strikes in the name of help.
Tomorrow we will give security of our nuclear assets to americans because they are advanced and will say they are helping us.
TTP in Pakistan is our problem and we need to solve it ourselves. And so are our other problems.

I am not advocating drone strikes just saying they should be the last of our worries. If they happen (which i doubt) and our most wanted targets are taken out (remember how Hakeem Ullah Mehsud and Bait ullah Mehsud were taken out) than i am all for it.

As for nuclear please lets not compare the two. Completely irrelevant and no connection what so ever.

At this point, it's fairly clear that we paint the targets and they take them out.

There is ongoing cooperation between US and Pakistan on drones.

The statements denouncing the attacks are mere formalities.

At this point, it's fairly clear that we paint the targets and they take them out.

I know we have some agreement, But still we have capabilities to complete this job. The only reason i can find is that we cannot upset US because of us aid...

Mere formalities? Or a calculated cynical ploy to lie to the Pakistani nation?

if our Jawans can come till here the will continue to advance, In Shaa Allah, and may Allah bless and protect his warriors

Back
Top Bottom