What's new

Sharp Sword Armed UCAV stealth Drone

Foxtrot Delta

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
640x385xr4.jpg.pagespeed.ic.saBkUcLJ7h.jpg

Zhongguo tie xiongdi men jiayou!

China Last month tested heavy weight lethal stealth drone named Sharp sword, it can carry massive amounts of bombs and missiles outside and inside the internal weapon bay's.

Full article below chose Indian source just for entertainment :)
here: http://m.indiatimes.com/news/world/...t-can-deliver-2000-kilos-of-bombs-270030.html

In another article by dailymail.uk
It’s said the Sharp Sword could enter service as soon as 2019-2020 for use in reconnaissance missions and for tracking foreign warships, and eventually, it could be used for combat.

In my opinion this is a perfect system to destroy or nullify Systems like S-400 and iron dome, it is capable or carrying 400 km long range missiles which means it has good chances of turning back and surviving after a successful hit in a swift strike, am I too naive to think that? Please enlighten me.

Last edited:
Two major issues with this article:

1. It is a technology demonstrator, not a prototype to be made into a functional weapon.

2. It was first tested in 2013, not "recently".

Two major issues with this article:

1. It is a technology demonstrator, not a prototype to be made into a functional weapon.

2. It was first tested in 2013, not "recently".

It is said in dailymail.uk

It’s said the Sharp Sword could enter service as soon as 2019-2020 for use in reconnaissance missions and for tracking foreign warships, and eventually, it could be used for combat.

It is said in dailymail.uk

Just because the Daily Mail quoted it (likely from a tertiary source) does not make it credible.

The Sharp Sword first flew in early 2013, and since then several developments have suggested that it is more of a technology demonstrator (off which a notional operational UCAV could be built) rather than a prototype of an existing UCAV project. Similar to how the X-47B is a tech demonstrator for the UCLASS tender; the latter is related but nevertheless a different project from the former.

Hmm anyway it was worth a shot asking,
I saw two of them landing inside the airfield from my window 5 days ago.

Thank you for your reply

Just because the Daily Mail quoted it (likely from a tertiary source) does not make it credible.
Agreed!! but you ain't more credible than Dailymail either.....so would you like to show us your "credible source"

Agreed!! but you ain't more credible than Dailymail either.....so would you like to show us your "credible source"
The India Times I quoted also says that the second prototype was tested on 18th January 2017, and the latest prototype has capability to refuel other aircraft and drones in mid air also.
Plus it also says, it might be ready for service from next year or 2019 at the latest.

Uh, what?
I guess I'm saying I saw two of them land , at an airfield 2 blocks distance from my home. And had I taken the photo of those two, I could atleast prove, there are 2 of them, and there are flights happening. But I didn't take a photo as it's against the chinese law.

I guess I'm saying I saw two of them land , at an airfield 2 blocks distance from my home. And had I taken the photo of those two, I could atleast prove, there are 2 of them, and there are flights happening. But I didn't take a photo as it's against the chinese law.

Well, how are you confident that the two flights weren't simply of the single UCAV making multiple flights? Did you see them recently (i.e. within the past year)?

Well, how are you confident that the two flights weren't simply of the single UCAV making multiple flights? Did you see them recently (i.e. within the past year)?

first one was like 30 seconds behind the other one, And I saw them 5 days ago.

first one was like 30 seconds behind the other one, And I saw them 5 days ago.

Thanks for your updates. Did you notice anything different with one (or both) of the airframes (i.e. upgraded engine nozzles, dimensional discrepancies, paint, airfoils, etc.)?

They were huge, and fast, even though on landing approach, one had a totally mate black paint, other one seemed smoother and a bit shiny green. No weapons or nozzles or may be I didn't have a good look. Both were this exact shape but seemed bigger than in these photos.

I guess in time we shall know, what's cooking. Very nice development indeed. Plus I read something about the other recon drone which uses solar power and flies near space . chinese plan on using those in case of settalite loss.

Back
Top Bottom