What's new

Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy Dishonestly Maligned Pakistan to get Oscars?

Chakar The Great

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
“According to ASTI (Acid Survivors Trust International), the UK has one of the highest rates of recorded acid attacks in the world. Most worryingly, it reports that of the 2078 acid-attack crimes that were recorded between 2011 and 2016, only 414 of those resulted in charges being brought.” In USA more than 600 women are raped every day and three women are killed by their partners daily. But Sharmeen Chinoy would never dare say a word about it let alone making a documentary?

As a journalist we know how to angle a story and obviously one cannot do this all the times. Pakistan is under attack of 4th Generation Psychological Warfare and negative imaging and black propaganda with the help of international media which is part of this. Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy a Canadian citizen was seemingly commissioned to find some dirt on Pakistan i.e. make some documentary and obviously she found vulnerable women who could be used for propaganda. She offered them money and got what she wanted from them on camera.

The victims claimed they were abandoned by their families and also by Ms Chinoy who did not fulfill her promise to pay her Rs. 3 Million and a 5 mirla House claimed Rukhsana Be Be’ main character of the documentary. She said: ‘due to this film my family has disowned me, my husband left me and no one is talking to me. I am incarcerated”. She was talking to the Express TV and Express Tribune correspondent.

That is luring of victims into a bigger scam? Government of Pakistan should hold a criminal investigation into this paying and/or offering the victims large sums and sources of income of Ms Chinoy. Which foreign agencies are behind this?

This Producer of (1) Saving Face, a documentary on Acid Attack Victims, and (2) A Girl in the River, a documentary on Honor Killings, may have been very helpful to the victims and to the society, but she is maligning Pakistan as part of plan. I am not saying the problem don’t exist, but one should be balance and honest. The data below clearly suggests that she deliberately targeted Pakistan.

“In USA average 3 women are killed daily by their partners. In 2005, 1,181 women were murdered by an intimate partner.1 That’s an average of three women every day. Of all the women murdered in the U.S., about one-third were killed by an intimate partner.

According to the US National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, women experience about 4.8 million intimate partner-related physical assaults and rapes every year.4Less than 20 percent of battered women sought medical treatment following an injury.

According to the National Crime Victimization Survey, which includes crimes that were not reported to the police, 232,960 women in the U.S. were raped or sexually assaulted in 2006. That’s more than 600 women every day.

Source: https://now.org/resource/violence-against-women-in-the-united-states-statistic/

Now let’s come to the crimes against women by acid attacks:

United Kingdom

“According to ASTI (Acid Survivors Trust International), the UK has one of the highest rates of recorded acid attacks in the world. Most worryingly, it reports that of the 2078 acid-attack crimes that were recorded between 2011 and 2016, only 414 of those resulted in charges being brought.

It has been argued – mainly on social media and in blogs – that religious and ethnic minorities are to blame for importing cultures that are tolerant of attacks and that the use of acid is somehow an “Eastern” phenomenon. Jaf Shah, Executive Director of ASTI, disputes this analysis saying that acid attacks have occurred in the UK for 200 years.

INDIA

India had around 300 recorded attacks in 2016. Research indicates that the majority of victims are women and girls and unlike Bangladesh (where most attacks occur in the home) attacks often occur in public places such as roads, schools, colleges. The real number of attacks is likely to exceed 1000 attacks a year.

COLOMBIA

Colombia has approximately 100 recorded attacks a year and with a population of around 48 million this makes attacks in Colombia one of the highest per capita.

PAKISTAN

It is estimated that up to 400 women fall victim to acid attacks perpetrated by their husbands or in-laws each year, but due to underreporting, only 150 reported per year in past 10 years. “

USA National Domestic Violence Statistics

• 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men will experience severe physical violence by an intimate partner in their lifetime. (CDC, 2017)
  • 1 in 10 women in the United States will be raped by an intimate partner in her lifetime. (CDC, 2010)
  • Approximately 16.9% of women and 8.0% of men will experience sexual violence other than rape by an intimate partner at some point in their lifetime. (CDC, 2010)
  • Data on sexual violence against men may be underreported.
  • An estimated 9.7% of women and 2.3% of men have been stalked by an intimate partner during their lifetime. (CDC, 2017)
  • Nearly half of all women and men in the United States will experience psychological aggression by an intimate partner in their lifetime. (CDC, 2017)
  • Over half of female and male victims of rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner experienced some form of intimate partner violence for the first time before 25 years of age. (CDC, 2010) Source: Safe Horizon
USA Today reported on 17th September 2017 that Four US citizens were acid attacked in France by a white French female.

Four young American women attacked with acid Sunday in the French port city of Marseille say they plan to remain in Europe for their studies — and two of them are now asking supporters to pray for their alleged attacker, a woman said by police to suffer from a history of mental illness.

The students, all juniors at Boston College who are studying abroad, were treated for burns in a Marseille hospital and released on Sunday, the college said Monday in a statement. Terrorism was not suspected in the attack.

Police arrested a 41-year-old lone female attacker with a history of mental health issues. The suspect did not leave the scene after the attacks, authorities said. Three of the women, identified as Courtney Siverling, Charlotte Kaufman, and Michelle Krug, are enrolled in the college’s Paris program. A fourth, identified as Kesley Kosten, studies at the Copenhagen Business School in Denmark.”

In Pakistan resources like policing and criminal justice are already stretched. Most of the police resources are used by the corrupt politicians for their protection and rest goes to keeping an eye of terrorist groups funded, trained and supported by USA according to Hilary Clinton. She said: “we trained them for 20 years and now we are fighting with them”.

When one analyses the above crime data and information from USA, UK and France independently without any bias one can see how Sharmeen Chinoy a Canadian citizen targeted Pakistan which is already a victim of international terrorism since 1979. This is an assault on struggling Pakistan and not journalism or freedom of speech, but some people call it ‘prostitution’ by Sharmeen Chinoy.

Based on the above independent information and testimonies of the characters like ‘Rukhasana’ used in her documentary, the Oscar committee should withdraw the Oscars awards.

The documentary is done with the intent to malign Pakistan otherwise it was much easier for her to go to USA, Columbia, UK and India, or elsewhere to make a documentary on this theme of ‘acid attacks’ as Pakistan is low on this criminal behaviour which is off course condemnable.

Disclaimer Views expressed are not of The London Post.

When will this duplicitous witch produce a documentary on Indian rape victims?
When she becomes indian

“According to ASTI (Acid Survivors Trust International), the UK has one of the highest rates of recorded acid attacks in the world. Most worryingly, it reports that of the 2078 acid-attack crimes that were recorded between 2011 and 2016, only 414 of those resulted in charges being brought.” In USA more than 600 women are raped every day and three women are killed by their partners daily. But Sharmeen Chinoy would never dare say a word about it let alone making a documentary?

As a journalist we know how to angle a story and obviously one cannot do this all the times. Pakistan is under attack of 4th Generation Psychological Warfare and negative imaging and black propaganda with the help of international media which is part of this. Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy a Canadian citizen was seemingly commissioned to find some dirt on Pakistan i.e. make some documentary and obviously she found vulnerable women who could be used for propaganda. She offered them money and got what she wanted from them on camera.

The victims claimed they were abandoned by their families and also by Ms Chinoy who did not fulfill her promise to pay her Rs. 3 Million and a 5 mirla House claimed Rukhsana Be Be’ main character of the documentary. She said: ‘due to this film my family has disowned me, my husband left me and no one is talking to me. I am incarcerated”. She was talking to the Express TV and Express Tribune correspondent.

That is luring of victims into a bigger scam? Government of Pakistan should hold a criminal investigation into this paying and/or offering the victims large sums and sources of income of Ms Chinoy. Which foreign agencies are behind this?

This Producer of (1) Saving Face, a documentary on Acid Attack Victims, and (2) A Girl in the River, a documentary on Honor Killings, may have been very helpful to the victims and to the society, but she is maligning Pakistan as part of plan. I am not saying the problem don’t exist, but one should be balance and honest. The data below clearly suggests that she deliberately targeted Pakistan.

“In USA average 3 women are killed daily by their partners. In 2005, 1,181 women were murdered by an intimate partner.1 That’s an average of three women every day. Of all the women murdered in the U.S., about one-third were killed by an intimate partner.

According to the US National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, women experience about 4.8 million intimate partner-related physical assaults and rapes every year.4Less than 20 percent of battered women sought medical treatment following an injury.

According to the National Crime Victimization Survey, which includes crimes that were not reported to the police, 232,960 women in the U.S. were raped or sexually assaulted in 2006. That’s more than 600 women every day.

Source: https://now.org/resource/violence-against-women-in-the-united-states-statistic/

Now let’s come to the crimes against women by acid attacks:

United Kingdom

“According to ASTI (Acid Survivors Trust International), the UK has one of the highest rates of recorded acid attacks in the world. Most worryingly, it reports that of the 2078 acid-attack crimes that were recorded between 2011 and 2016, only 414 of those resulted in charges being brought.

It has been argued – mainly on social media and in blogs – that religious and ethnic minorities are to blame for importing cultures that are tolerant of attacks and that the use of acid is somehow an “Eastern” phenomenon. Jaf Shah, Executive Director of ASTI, disputes this analysis saying that acid attacks have occurred in the UK for 200 years.

INDIA

India had around 300 recorded attacks in 2016. Research indicates that the majority of victims are women and girls and unlike Bangladesh (where most attacks occur in the home) attacks often occur in public places such as roads, schools, colleges. The real number of attacks is likely to exceed 1000 attacks a year.

COLOMBIA

Colombia has approximately 100 recorded attacks a year and with a population of around 48 million this makes attacks in Colombia one of the highest per capita.

PAKISTAN

It is estimated that up to 400 women fall victim to acid attacks perpetrated by their husbands or in-laws each year, but due to underreporting, only 150 reported per year in past 10 years. “

USA National Domestic Violence Statistics

• 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men will experience severe physical violence by an intimate partner in their lifetime. (CDC, 2017)
  • 1 in 10 women in the United States will be raped by an intimate partner in her lifetime. (CDC, 2010)
  • Approximately 16.9% of women and 8.0% of men will experience sexual violence other than rape by an intimate partner at some point in their lifetime. (CDC, 2010)
  • Data on sexual violence against men may be underreported.
  • An estimated 9.7% of women and 2.3% of men have been stalked by an intimate partner during their lifetime. (CDC, 2017)
  • Nearly half of all women and men in the United States will experience psychological aggression by an intimate partner in their lifetime. (CDC, 2017)
  • Over half of female and male victims of rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner experienced some form of intimate partner violence for the first time before 25 years of age. (CDC, 2010) Source: Safe Horizon
USA Today reported on 17th September 2017 that Four US citizens were acid attacked in France by a white French female.

Four young American women attacked with acid Sunday in the French port city of Marseille say they plan to remain in Europe for their studies — and two of them are now asking supporters to pray for their alleged attacker, a woman said by police to suffer from a history of mental illness.

The students, all juniors at Boston College who are studying abroad, were treated for burns in a Marseille hospital and released on Sunday, the college said Monday in a statement. Terrorism was not suspected in the attack.

Police arrested a 41-year-old lone female attacker with a history of mental health issues. The suspect did not leave the scene after the attacks, authorities said. Three of the women, identified as Courtney Siverling, Charlotte Kaufman, and Michelle Krug, are enrolled in the college’s Paris program. A fourth, identified as Kesley Kosten, studies at the Copenhagen Business School in Denmark.”

In Pakistan resources like policing and criminal justice are already stretched. Most of the police resources are used by the corrupt politicians for their protection and rest goes to keeping an eye of terrorist groups funded, trained and supported by USA according to Hilary Clinton. She said: “we trained them for 20 years and now we are fighting with them”.

When one analyses the above crime data and information from USA, UK and France independently without any bias one can see how Sharmeen Chinoy a Canadian citizen targeted Pakistan which is already a victim of international terrorism since 1979. This is an assault on struggling Pakistan and not journalism or freedom of speech, but some people call it ‘prostitution’ by Sharmeen Chinoy.

Based on the above independent information and testimonies of the characters like ‘Rukhasana’ used in her documentary, the Oscar committee should withdraw the Oscars awards.

The documentary is done with the intent to malign Pakistan otherwise it was much easier for her to go to USA, Columbia, UK and India, or elsewhere to make a documentary on this theme of ‘acid attacks’ as Pakistan is low on this criminal behaviour which is off course condemnable.

Disclaimer Views expressed are not of The London Post.

She is Pakistani so I guess she wants to raise awareness here....about our situation

She is Pakistani so I guess she wants to raise awareness here....about our situation
She is pathetic liar and a greedy extortionist thug. She used the poor woman for her documentary and she didn't even pay her a single penny and destroyed the poor lady's life for her success. She should be in jail.

Last edited:
She is pathetic liar and a greedy extortionist thug. She used the poor women for her documentary and she didn't even pay her a single penny and destroyed the poor lady's life for her success. She should be in jail.
I understand the hatred...She should be filed but no one has done so far...

But she did raise awareness...I agree she shouldnt have on the expense of the other ladies...

But she did raise awareness...I agree she shouldnt have on the expense of the other ladies...
How come she raised the awareness when she made the documentary in a language which neither the victims nor the culprits understand?

How come she raised the awareness when she made the documentary in a language which neither the victims nor the culprits understand?
I thought the version I saw was dubbed...Was it entirely in English? :o:

When will this duplicitous witch produce a documentary on Indian rape victims?
She isn't paid to do that. Do you want her to get fired? :whistle:

It isn't just the acid victim documentaries. In some university in the US, she presented a documentary about Shia musicians facing persecution in Pakistan. Anyone who has an iota of interest in Pakistani music, knows that Pakistan's biggest musicians are/were Shia's.
This woman has her string pulled to spread Pakistan-phobia, while her nationality is used as a reference to serve justification to her hogwash, just as they continue to call Hussain Haqqani- "an expert on Pakistan".

I thought the version I saw was dubbed...Was it entirely in English? :o:
I just watch clips on social media and those were in English..To raise awareness you have to utilise the scholars and institution of the masjid. This documentary for foreign consumption and her greed. How much did she invest in Pakistan to help women here? She is a pathetic creature.

only the victims speaking in Urdu, I think
yes!

So I just kind of assumed that the whole thing was in Urdu only I saw the dubbed part in English...didnt realize it really was in English :ashamed:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom