What's new

Shanghai Auto Show 2019: Highlights of the new car debuts

GS Zhou

Reaction score
Country
China
Shanghai Auto Show 2019 starts today. Some new models debuts.

BYD e-SEED GT, a plug-in hybrid electric car, with a hybrid powertrain system consisting of one 2.0T gasoline engine and a few electric motors. 0~100kmh acceleration time 2.9s.

BYD is world largest electric vehicles manufacturers. Its Electric vehicles sales (pure electric + plug-in hybrid electric) in 2019 Q1 was 73k units, yoy growth 146.89%

upload_2019-4-16_18-21-44.png

Last edited:
add oil. Several years ago, the appearance of BYD's car is ugly, but now it looks so beautiful.

0~100kmh acceleration time 2.9s? Great

Lixiang One (理想One), an REEV (Range Extended Electric Vehicle). It has a 40kwh battery pack, can support a 150km distance by pure electric mode; when the battery capacity down to 30%, the range extender (a 1.2T gasoline engine + one generator) will be started. The gasoline engine will be started to power the generator; the electricity generated by the generator will then be used to power the wheel. That's how REEV get its name.

Previously, NVH (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness) is always the core concern to REEV, especially when the battery pack is exhausted and the engine/generator has to be working in a full load mode. Lixiang's answer is a larger battery pack and a better battery management system to make sure the battery keeps a 30% soc at least. The vehicles has done a long test drive in Ali of Tibet (西藏阿里) and performs well. A video from the test driver:
https://www.laosiji.com/thread/747663.html

Picture of Lixiang One
autohomecar__ChcCRVy0PtqAH_-iAAEQ_g_PNlQ458.jpg

800x0_1_q87_autohomecar__ChsEkVysstyANfOwAAkvolHEjs8659.jpg

800x0_1_q87_autohomecar__ChsEf1ysq_WAebrzAAayWtIBbqs297.jpg

Price of Lixiang One is CNY 328k, or USD 49k.

NOVAT ME7
1024x0_1_q87_autohomecar__ChsEmVw1YqGATXDtAAkx152micY863.jpg
1024x0_1_q87_autohomecar__ChsEmVw1Yp2AKHZiAAnbPDwX21s002.jpg

1024x0_1_q87_autohomecar__ChsEkFv98seASj3oAAgGt6n8AAk983.jpg

NOVAT ME-S
autohomecar__ChsEmly1P7CASZjPAAfA54Qnq8039.jpeg
autohomecar__ChsEf1y1P6-AYyMDAAkGXw8BDvY17.jpeg

GREAT WALL "PAO" Pick-up
autohomecar__ChcCSVy0PjSARzdQAAM4JlWAztk682.jpg
autohomecar__ChsEoFy0PjGAIwEdAAL6gxqyef8607.jpg

Geely Preface
autohomecar__ChsEnFy1nN6AX9GSAALW-LRC_lk232.jpg
autohomecar__ChcCP1y1aN2AEw6bAANV_3mDKoc121.jpg

Finally, China Auto Inc. has updated their logo and impressively improved their design.

I would not think I would like Geely logo, but, now I like it, because it is much more improved.

Same goes with all traditional auto-makers, from Toyota to Citroen; their logos and designs were as ugly as they could be, but, eventually, they grew out of decades of experience.

What the Western and Japanese automakers accomplished in six decades, China Auto Inc. has accomplished in six years.

Another good reason to feel proud of Greater China!

What the Western and Japanese automakers accomplished in six decades, China Auto Inc. has accomplished in six years.
That's largely thanks to the powerful auto parts supply chain in China. When the core components like batteries, motors and all kinds of electronics and mechanical stuff are easily sourced from reliable players in a very reasonable price, design and making cars become easy (to a certain extent).

Back
Top Bottom