What's new

SHAKIR SHUJA ABADI "The Legend " "The Poet" "Living Jalib"

CHACHA"G"

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello All
I am starting this thread in Honour of Great Saraiki/Punjabi Poet , Shakir Shuja Abadi . For me he is just one from the best , living HABIB JALIB of our time.
I will post his great work here and I also request from all of you to shear his poetry here.

Note: Please note he is living Habib Jalib too , so for some of you his poetry will work as poison so please stay away , and my request don't troll here , for rest please don't make this thread as Political party vs Political party . Enjoy and let other enjoy good poetry.

Thank you all.

Shakir Shujabadi (born 25 February 1968) is a Saraiki/Punjabi poet. He can not speak (properly due to physical disability).

Abadi started to recite his thoughts at the local darbar. By the early 90s he had achieved prominence in Saraiki culture. His first proper mushaira was held in 1986. He headlined the All-Pakistan Mushaira held in 1991. The last mushaira before his childhood condition got worse was held in 1994, but he still recited.

His poetry is laced with beautiful prose, which offers riddles regarding the world and society. He discusses themes of honesty, poverty, inequality and underdevelopment related to the region. He is able to overcome linguistic barriers to appeal to non-Seraiki speakers.

Among his best-known verses are "Tu Mehnat Kar, Tay Mehnat da silla Jaane Khuda Jaane" (Just work hard and reward for that hard work, only God knows what you will get) and "Tu dewa bal kay rakh shakir, Hawa jaane khuda jany" (Light the lamp, and let the winds decide or fate decide).Some of his work has been translated into English by the Poetry Translation Centre.

ZoIkV4tX.jpg

@WAJsal , @Moonlight , @The Sandman , @django , @Zibago , @shah1398 , @Maj.Osmani , @MastanKhan , @Stealth , @Arsalan

Habib Jalib, what a man he was.

Unfortunately, we have distance ourselves from our literature and culture. We don't praise our people. Anyhow, share some of his pieces. Hard for me to understand Sariki, but I will try. :p

@CHACHA"G"

Unfortunately, we have distance ourselves from our literature and culture. We don't praise our people. Anyhow, share some of his pieces. Hard for me to understand Sariki, but I will try. :p

@CHACHA"G"
Yes you are very right , Please watch first video again there is Urdu subtitle and just guess rest lol and if you watch the video like 2 to 3 time you will get it ,
Thank you

Well, I had the honor of listening him live, in bahawalpur, it is long time ago, probably in 1998. What a wonderful poet. He has passed away long time ago, He is one of the best contemporary poets of Saraiki.

@CHACHA"G"
Poetry can be understood best in its native language
Is layi thakun seraiki sikhni chahi day hay

Poetry can be understood best in its native language
Is layi thakun seraiki sikhni chahi day hay

Thora time or Rahi forum pe to definitely you are gonna improve my Sariki. :D Thori Thori learn Ki hai. :p

Thora time or Rahi forum pe to definitely you are gonna improve my Sariki. :D Thori Thori learn Ki hai. :p
Watch rohi tv to learn seraiki i learned it from my stay in Rahim Yar Khan

Wao es baat mn koi shak ni k he is great poet mn nay in ko live suna howa hay iam from rahimyar khan in ka ko jor ni

Back
Top Bottom