What's new

Shah Rukh Khan detained for two hours at a New York airport

^^^^I thought you were a Russian :D (Spartacus_Σπάρτακο)

Indian movies are regularly shown on TV + there are several specialized channels: for example, "India TV" in a package of satellite television "Tricolor TV".

Bollywood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See also: List of highest-grossing Bollywood films
Besides being popular among the India diaspora, such far off locations as Nigeria to Egypt to Senegal and to Russia generations of non-Indian fans have grown up with Bollywood during the years, bearing witness to the cross-cultural appeal of Indian movies.[78] Over the last years of the twentieth century and beyond, Bollywood progressed in its popularity as it entered the consciousness of Western audiences and producers.[38][79]

With love from India to Russia | Russia Beyond The Headlines

While him getting detained is not an issue as it could be applicable to anyone.

However if the reason for him to be singled out is unclear. If the rest were cleared was he held back because of his name / religion ?

If so then its a cause for concern.

Few of Shah Rukh Khan's partner have under world links that's the reason why Shah Rukh Bhai gets special treatment abroad. Why doesn't other Khan superstars complain of such treatment when they go abroad.

Bollywood is loaded with Muslims and they often travel abroad especially to US. Then why only SK gets the 'special treatment'?..May be bcs he is the self confessed "King of Bollywood'.

Shahrukh detained for over two hours at NY Airport

4-13-2012_44194_l.jpg

NEW YORK: Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan, who arrived here to visit the Yale University, was detained for over two hours at a New York airport.

Before addressing the students at the Yale University, which is three hours from New York, Khan said, he was "detained" at the airport "as always happens".

Khan, who has been named a Chubb Fellow, was accompanied by Neeta Ambani and they were understood to have arrived in a private plane at the New York's White Plain airport.

Ambani's daughter is a student of Yale University. Sources told PTI, while everybody else were cleared by the immigration immediately, Khan was stopped for over two hours before being cleared by the immigration officials.

"Khan was very very upset at the episode. Yale University officials had to contact the Department of Homeland Security and the Immigration and Customs Department at Washington, when they come to know about his detention," sources said.

In 2009 also, he was stopped at the Newark airport and was released after two-hour of grilling.

Source: Shahrukh detained for over two hours at NY Airport - geo.tv

irfan khan of pan singh tomar was complaining abt it today......he had experienced these things....and i don't think salmaan and aamir use to travel so much to usa...

irfan khan of pan singh tomar was complaining abt it today......he had experienced these things....and i don't think salmaan and aamir use to travel so much to usa...

doesn't sallu bhai speak english with a very thick n pretentious american accent.... :D

That is why I never visited USA in my life. There was a time when I almost decided to visit USA for a week but then these Airport security checks were introduced (in my opinion for Muslims only) and that is stopping me to travel to one of my favourite countries in the world. I have no plans to travel and humiliate myself until they soften the procedure or introduce this Law as impartial and not random checks of Muslim only.

Travelling to Canada in next 2-3 months but sorry USA, bahar se hi theek hai :D

Back
Top Bottom