What's new

Shafilea Ahmed murder trial: Parents guilty of killing

I never understood the concept of honor killings though.

If you feel that the girl/guy has tarnished your reputation, disown her/him and let them go their own way in their life. You have no bloody right to take their life just because they dont agree with your outdated concepts of honor/izzat.

And before someone jumps in - I'm not referring to this particular case bu also the honor killings in Punjab,Rajasthan, haryana and the UP.

Surprisingly I have not heard about this concept much in Bihar.

In UP I think its only the Western parts where there are cases of honour killing. In my opinion this is because of whatever happened in the past. All these areas faced the brunt of foreign invasion in the past, multiple times. This has made people of these regions over protective(ironic) and possessive about their women folks. It has sorta become part of their identity and culture.

All ills in society are due to men onlyy.Unless they change their attitude these ills wont get abolished.Women become partner in crime as in this case of honour killing coz of the only reason they were conditioned like that since childhood.

All ills in society are due to men onlyy.Unless they change their attitude these ills wont get abolished.Women become partner in crime as in this case of honour killing coz of the only reason they were conditioned like that since childhood.
One of the few areas where I agree with you 100%... Traditionally, its been a male dominated society, and hence males need to take responsibility for most of its ills.. With power comes responsibility ...

format of upbringing is enforced on aleready conditioned women according to the male's wish in the family.

I don't agree with you here because my mum played great role in many decision in our house and my father always consulted with my mum even before making minor decision. Even he was giving all salary to my mum and later was asking money from her for cigarette or personal expenses

no women in our society are not like cars that men drive them wherever he wish
we dont treat women like robot

I don't agree with you here because my mum played great role in many decision in our house and my father always consulted with my mum even before making minor decision. Even he was giving all salary to my mum and later was asking money from her for cigarette or personal expenses

And thats how it should be. My mom may not have the decisive edge over every other say, but she influences a decision in her own subtle way. She may not impose but neither she keeps mum.

In a perfect society, females have equal say in every thing but some times the testosterone becomes too-hot-to-handle. Examples from animal world also prove the fact.

Iam with you in your struggle against male dominated society. First order of business..abolishment of marriage as it is basically an institution to make female subservient to males.

Iam with you in your struggle against male dominated society. First order of business..abolishment of marriage as it is basically an institution to make female subservient to males.

your concept of marriage is wrong if you think marriage is there to make female subservient to males

And the woman who helped her husband to kill her own daughter for sake of honour of her husband is also from same society.and many others one where wives,daughters were killed for honour are all from same society.very example of the conditioned women.

its all ur misgivings about marriage as an institution.

How could anyone be so evil to kill their own children.

These monsters deserve to die.

And the woman who helped her husband to kill her own daughter for sake of honour of her husband is also from same society.and many others one where wives,daughters were killed for honour are all from same society.very example of the conditioned women.

Its not that they both are separate..women also felt the same way as men felt that their daughter brought shame for boht of them not just for men..its easy to shift all blame on men but why she did not tell the police if her hsuabnd was going to kill her daughter for wrong reasons..

that's not excuse for her to get rid of her crime that she helped her husband for sake of his honour ..killing is not honourable act

In UP I think its only the Western parts where there are cases of honour killing. In my opinion this is because of whatever happened in the past. All these areas faced the brunt of foreign invasion in the past, multiple times. This has made people of these regions over protective(ironic) and possessive about their women folks. It has sorta become part of their identity and culture.

Mmmm not exactly...even Gujarat, Bihar etc faced the brunt of the invasions...but there are not much honor killings there.

I think its a cultural/tribal baggage of the Rajputs and Jats..and the area afflicted with honor killings are the places they live.

Marriage is an outdated convention anyway.

your concept of marriage is wrong if you think marriage is there to make female subservient to males

In most of the time male has the last word in the household..is it not making females subservient to males.

I don't agree that males get all the blame. The mother apparently plays a huge part in upbringing

Back
Top Bottom