What's new

sexual harassment law passed in india

When it comes to sexual harassment, why is it just a "female" issue? Any person in power, can sexually harass a person beneath him/her. Both men and women can do this. Recently in the US, there was this case against the DHS head - a woman, who created a hostile environment for male employees. Indian lawmakers need some serious perception when they make laws. Laws should guarantee equality - something that cant be achieved by concentrating on the issues of one group.

What constitutes unwelcome conduct - I guess this should be based on the victims complaint. If he/she refuses someone's advances, or asks him/her to stop, and if the opposite happens, then I guess that would be unwelcome conduct.
It will take indian society to reach to the maturity level of American society untill then laws in india will be heavily in favour of women.

It will take indian society to reach to the maturity level of American society untill then laws in india will be heavily in favour of women.

n who told u americans r very mature people

its a mans world khalajaan n always ll b

i know i am being harsh but its true

n who told u americans r very mature people

its a mans world khalajaan n always ll b

i know i am being harsh but its true

Americans not but American judicial system.. sure yeah.. !!!

anti-male law. Is it a surprise?. the ambit of sexual harassment is VERY wide, with no way to verify. The word of the femal will always be taken as the truth. this will be used for professional gain.

It is good bt the law must encompass both the sexes of the society. There are women who are in senior positions of power and who have sadistic intentions towards freshers and lower level male employees as well sexually. This is not covered anywhere explicitly and therefore leaves a strata of society defenseless.

Sexual harrassment laws internationally are equal for both men and women but the government in our country found this a way to milk feminist votes.

Both sexes should have equal rights.

The law is welcome but the Supreme Court must also address the rights of young men fresh in career many of whom face sexual harassment from women in senior roles. They remain silent to save the embarrassment but suffer within themselves.

It already is. While law is very lax in India, there is an extra level of warmth towards women vis a vis rights. Whether it is marriage case or harassment, women are favored until and unless the man in question has actually committed something wrong and is in position of power.

In short, a straightforward man of a decent family is as much vulnerable to false allegations by some twisted women as much as a dignified woman is vulnerable to a perverse man's desires.

it is strange that no one is mentioning threats/misuse by women in junior position to milk their employers, and get promotions/extra pay/lower working hours etc. These are very real threats. in a gender equal society, we cant assume anymore that women are innocent. one only has to take a look at the false rape and domestic violence complaints filed, and aided by anti-male laws. A study has found that 98% of all dowry harassment cases filed in court are false.

it is strange that no one is mentioning threats/misuse by women in junior position to milk their employers, and get promotions/extra pay/lower working hours etc. These are very real threats. in a gender equal society, we cant assume anymore that women are innocent. one only has to take a look at the false rape and domestic violence complaints filed, and aided by anti-male laws. A study has found that 98% of all dowry harassment cases filed in court are false.

You got three options:

- Start a men's rights association for equal rights or join politics on their behalf;

- Become an NRI and settle abroad;

- Marry a foreign girl.

:D

That pretty much applies to everyone here from now on; unless you have a girlfriend who is sincere with you and you're sincere enough with her.

It is also true that 98% of real dowry harassment goes unreported. Shameful, but true.

Sexual harassment laws should be the same as any other law - equally applicable to men and women, stringent punishment if the accused is found guilty, penalties for the accuser if the accusations are false.

That's what courts are for - to determine the merits of a case, and to mete out punishments accordingly.

You got three options:

- Start a men's rights association for equal rights or join politics on their behalf;

- Marry a foreign girl.

:D

That pretty much applies to everyone here from now on; unless you have a girlfriend who is sincere with you and you're sincere enough with her.

there IS a men's rights organisation. mass media portrays them as goons. i've seen stories of families that have been ruined, men who've been broken by the system, till they commit suicide. indeed. one husband commits suicide every 8 minutes in this country. i have no intention of speaking for other men. I dont think like most of em. And frankly if you act like a whimp and believe that your gender is the problem for all that is wrong with the world, and has always oppressed women, then you deserve what the feminists do to you later. i can only speak for myself. I'll make it very clear to the girl i marry that the marriage or household will never have anything to do with the courts of the law......if i get a falce domestic violence/dowry complaint, alimony and ****, or sexual harassment complain. then i've got another option. a 6000 buck chinese type 54 tokarev copy and a double tap. i dont find this unchivalrous or dishonourable

- Marry a foreign girl.

This wont guarantee Mens rights AT ALL. Infact its much worse abroad, where women have significantly more freedom than in conservative societies like India. I am all for freedom and equality, but in countries like the US,male sexual harassment is much more probable than in India. For example, there was a case in the US, a where a woman drugged her husband, tied him up and cut off his penis, cuz he asked for a divorce. There is a program called "The Talk" where a bunch of these mindless bitches, gathered together and laughed and joked about how this was "awesome". Can you imagine the reverse happening? Even in India? Mens rights activism is very real. In the western world, you actually have more needs for mens rights, because those societies in a bid to become more liberal (which I am for) and in a bid to improve women's rights have actually victimized men to a great extent. Its only sexist when a man does it :)

A common joke in the western world about divorce that your wife takes everything is in itself very telling.

Watch this :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats good. hehe waise most kids like me, just stare at girls on their bikes, does this bill also have any clause for that??? :undecided:
:what: That means we are criminals !!! Now looks like we will have to be satisfied with websites only ???
@topic : Hope it becomes law and implemented well.. And the first man to be arrested should be Rahul gandhi as once he was accused of sexual harassment..

Back
Top Bottom