What's new

Several Indian Soldiers Killed in Landslide

RIP to the soldiers and civilians who died :( Development projects like highways and dams and deforestation due to these projects are the main causes of these landslides, add to that heavier rainfall due to climate change.

Worse that hearing this news is seeing that nowhere is this news being mentioned on any of the "Godi" media channels. All of republic tv/aaj tak is filled with news celebrating fall of govt in Maharashtra, Modi "masterstrokes" etc etc. Ndtv and independent alt news like theprint, thewire etc are the only ones mentioning this, really goes on to show who is anti-national and who is not

Current situation is 20 dead(including 8 soldiers),18 rescued and 44 missing(29 civilians and 15 soliders)

Sometimes I think we make mountains out of mole hills in Pakistan

Think about last year, millions of Indians dead due to COVID,

Any other country, Modi would be toast, not in India though

And we talk endlessly in Pakistan about a politician taking a necklace or something

India loses soldiers to Maoists or 50 dead under a landslide and there is hardly any news at all
When absolute raw hatred for the target community/communities permeates the national psyche, nothing else can enter in the political/media/civil discourse.

I was really flabbergasted (or rather disgusted) when .... in the most recent Gaza flareup, whole india erupted in joy/glee when israel dropped million-dollar bombs to massacre scores of Palestinian kids! Even the left leaning Jewish organizations were protesting in major US cities... lots of Jewish SM accounts also distanced from the indian 'celebration'. I wish those sanghi bros knew how Moses didn't even spare a single cow/calf worshipper or the clear instructions in Talmud how to deal with polytheists/animists/Amalekites!

This is no way to stereotype the diverse 2nd most populous nation... there are millions of decent human Indians and I call some of them my close friends. Then again, I know about an NRI IIT grad sanghi who is waiting for his dear leader's call to go back and take part in "final solution" - he brags that he is 'ready'!

When absolute raw hatred for the target community/communities permeates the national psyche, nothing else can enter in the political/media/civil discourse.

I was really flabbergasted (or rather disgusted) when .... in the most recent Gaza flareup, whole india erupted in joy/glee when israel dropped million-dollar bombs to massacre scores of Palestinian kids! Even the left leaning Jewish organizations were protesting in major US cities... lots of Jewish SM accounts also distanced from the indian 'celebration'. I wish those sanghi bros knew how Moses didn't even spare a single cow/calf worshipper or the clear instructions in Talmud how to deal with polytheists/animists/Amalekites!

This is no way to stereotype the diverse 2nd most populous nation... there are millions of decent human Indians and I call some of them my close friends. Then again, I know about an NRI IIT grad sanghi who is waiting for his dear leader's call to go back and take part in "final solution" - he brags that he is 'ready'!
NRIs are more "Modi" fied than Indians. It is so cringe to see all these Howdi Modi type events. The same NRIs left the country due to failed policies by people like Modi and they want him to rule back home and convert India into a cowshit gaushala type country, while they enjoy comfortable lives in the modern west, not one of them want to return home and make their kids study at gaushalas and learn about vedic era aircraft. It's the same case in Pakistan where most expatriate Pakistanis want Imran Khan back in power, while those back home are well aware of what an economic failure he was.

Most Indians actually did not vote for Modi. At best, his vote share is 35-40%, and not all of them are voting for Hindutva, most vote for him simply because they think he can deliver better development, they will switch if they see a better alternative. He has delivered very well on some fronts like Infrastructure, getting FDI and growth of digital payments(a verylucky fallout of his failed demonetization), but otherwise, he has been a total failure - health, jobs, hunger etc. The only thing keeping him in power is that opposition is in a mess with no capable leaders, also opposition parties fighting with each other and cutting each other's vote share. The day they get even a remotely capable leader, Modi will be out. No party can survive the fallout of 4 million corona deaths, economic devastation due to failed policies like demonetization and total lockdown, BJP is simply extremely lucky to be dealing with an impotent opposition.

Last edited:
NRIs are more "Modi" fied than Indians. It is so cringe to see all these Howdi Modi type events. The same NRIs left the country due to failed policies by people like Modi and they want him to rule back home and convert India into a cowshit gaushala type country, while they enjoy comfortable lives in the modern west, not one of them want to return home and make their kids study at gaushalas and learn about vedic era aircraft. It's the same case in Pakistan where most expatriate Pakistanis want Imran Khan back in power, while those back home are well aware of what an economic failure he was.

Most Indians actually did not vote for Modi. At best, his vote share is 35-40%, and not all of them are voting for Hindutva, most vote for him simply because they think he can deliver better development, they will switch if they see a better alternative. He has delivered very well on some fronts like Infrastructure, getting FDI and growth of digital payments(a verylucky fallout of his failed demonetization), but otherwise, he has been a total failure - health, jobs, hunger etc. The only thing keeping him in power is that opposition is in a mess with no capable leaders, also opposition parties fighting with each other and cutting each other's vote share. The day they get even a remotely capable leader, Modi will be out. No party can survive the fallout of 4 million corona deaths, economic devastation due to failed policies like demonetization and total lockdown, BJP is simply extremely lucky to be dealing with an impotent opposition.
Excellently put in such a lucid manner! Are you sure you are not one of my Indian friends? ;-) This is almost exactly his assessment when we had a discussion on "the event held in a stadium in Houston". Not just IRL, these NRI sanghi fanatics seem to be ruthless in most of the SM platforms.

We can only hope that this slippery slope doesn't lead to some dystopian future in our part of the world because it will inevitably affect other countries in SA.

My realist side tells me that the BJP/RSS rule will continue for the foreseeable future unless there is some rude awakening... Hate is a powerful human emotion, trust me! It just seems that the 'majority of the majority' suffers from some sheer hatred and genocidal instinct.... BTW, 35%-40% solid support is indeed scary... Remember, in 1984, maybe a few hundred people in Delhi did 'it' but the rest of the population either tacitly approved of it or remained nonchalant.

One thing I don't understand is your compatriots' obsession (even some non-RSS people) with the so called 'Akhand Bharat'...

Is their expectation grounded in reality?
[Pak is armed to the teeth and their nukes are covering every square inch of India including Andaman. They will use 'dirty stuff' (e.g. Nasr-3) just in case their defensive line is breached. Ah, it feels good to be an armchair general for somebody who never even touched a gun;-). Bangladeshis are 'unpredictably emotional' and fiercely patriotic especially when they are cornered/attacked. Getting in there might seem easy due to hardware imbalance, but staying there would be 'costly' in a country with the highest number of rivers, just hinting! ]

What is the end game here?
[They can't just exterminate 600 million+ human beings in 21st century just like that.]

What do the RSS family gain by widening/deepening scores of different social fault lines in a very complex Indian society?
[As pretty much a homogenous country, even we find it hard to contain our mere political differences ;-) Once, I almost left a party when two highly educated engineers got involved in a raucous political debate ;-) ]

Let's just hope for the best for all of us. Good night :-)

I i can give you a positive rating

Back
Top Bottom