What's new

Seven more die amid relentless firing incidents in Karachi

karan.1970

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Seven more die amid relentless firing incidents in Karachi | DAWN.COM

KARACHI: Law enforcement agencies remained mere spectator as seven more people on Saturday became victim of relentless firing incidents in Karachi, DawnNews reported.

In the latest development, a man was killed and three were injured amid firing from unidentified men in Korangi, Landhi and P.I.B Colony.

Earlier, two men were shot dead by unidentified assailants at Lasi Goth in New Karachi. The deceased were identified as Nisar Ali and Abu-Qasim.

According to police, both were sitting at a roadside tee shop, when unidentified motorcycle riders opened fire on them.

Duty officer Hussain Bux said Nisar Bux, a supervisor at Ghazi Security, was the apparent target of the attackers and the deceased came incidentally under fire.

A young man was shot dead by unidentified armed men at Mominabad in Orangi Town, while, another was shot dead in Manghopir area.

Moreover, a man was killed and three others were injured in different firing incidents in Malir, Landhi, Babar Market and Jut Line.

Meanwhile, Sindh home ministry has imposed a ban on letting houses to the foreigners by issuing a notification for registering property dealers.

According to the notification, land-lords must verify from National Database Registration Authority (NADRA) before letting out their properties.

SHO of the concerned police station would consequently be responsible if houses are lent without verification, it added.

Karachi is very large city ...about 10-15 million population...such incidents happen in all large cities...
But yes the loss of life is sad...

Karachi is very large city ...about 10-15 million population...such incidents happen in all large cities...

Mate these are targeted killings in a long unabated reign of violence in Karachi..Not your regular murder crimes of a metro..

its sad , but may be some Pakistani member can enlighten me , is int most of this violence due to clashes between 2 political parties?

Mumbai is a much much bigger and a more populated city i dont see people going and shooting each other on a daily routine

Being a resident of Karachi i can tell you that Karachi is in different zones, areas like DHA and Clifton are rarely effected regardless of what is happening around the city, I work in Entertainment business (We run multiplex) and even through the worst strikes i have seen the 6pm shows going sold out. Than there are areas which are badly effected. The three major parties have their own zones and try to penetrate each other thus starting problems. Sorry thing is that we (people living in Karachi) are now getting immune to these target killings, we hear news and we shrug it off, until and unless a political party decides to call a strike, life just goes on.

Why don't they arrest the whole lot.Take no sides,arrest all of them.

Because law enforcement agencies are infested with people having sympathies with one party or another

Jiye Bhutto,
Hai Naqeeb-e-Inqalaab ALTAF.. ALTAF
Haq Ki Khuli Kitaab ALTAF.. ALTAF
Bemisaal Laajawab ALTAF.. ALTAF
Har Sawaal Ka Jawab ALTAF.. ALTAF
Sub Se Kehdo Saaf Saaf ALTAF.. ALTAF
Hum Na Hoon Humare Baad ALTAF.. ALTAF
“Khpala Khawra Khpal Ikhtiar”

Because law enforcement agencies are infested with people having sympathies with one party or another
Quite similar situation here.But due to no gun culture no shootings or killings.

Mumbai is a much much bigger and a more populated city i dont see people going and shooting each other on a daily routine

Well Mumbai did have its share of shootings in early 90s. But that pissed off a lot of cops and they went on an "encounter" spree crushing crime with an iron fist (causing human rights terrorists to support criminals but that's a different story".

Sad to see the economic capital of Pakistan being such lawless and insecure. How will the foreign investments come to Pakistan in such law and order situation ? The law and order must improve if economy is to improve.

The Karachi Police must have a Daya Naik or Vijay Salaskar who played a key role in the 90s in controlling crime in Mumbai.

Mate these are targeted killings in a long unabated reign of violence in Karachi..Not your regular murder crimes of a metro..

And why does that make them so special? I agree we need to control them, but does that make Karachi any less safer? FYI US has 15,000 murders per year.. which I believe is more than Pakistan even when controlling for population difference.

You bharatis like to dramatize and blow each and everything like this in Pakistan out of proportion.. as if Pakistan is like Somalia or something.

And why does that make them so special? I agree we need to control them, but does that make Karachi any less safer? FYI US has 15,000 murders per year.. which I believe is more than Pakistan even when controlling for population difference.

You bharatis like to dramatize and blow each and everything like this in Pakistan out of proportion.. as if Pakistan is like Somalia or something.

BTW, these killings are not the only ones in Karachi. These are specific gang war/ political / sectarian killings that make it to the news. The regular homicides (aka 15000 in USA) are separate and over and above these numbers for Karachi...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom