What's new

Set Kashmir aside, focus on trade

Zardari makes sense. Can't say about the partnership, but I'll say thats its better if he makes his money legally.

Trade first, talks later.

If Indo-Pak economies get co-dependent, the possibility of war will diminish, and then the Kashmir issue can be handled.

Zardari makes sense. Can't say about the partnership, but I'll say thats its better if he makes his money legally.
Trade first, talks later.
If Indo-Pak economies get co-dependent, the possibility of war will diminish, and then the Kashmir issue can be handled.

Trade talks are no big deal. But the core issue between are two nations, Kashmir needs to be resolved. You talk of economy right. Lets say if the Kashmir issue is solved tomorrow, billions of dollars that go into the Army can go into lifting the economy. All that money can be used too build schools, raise the standard of living, education and all sorts of other benefits will come as soon as the Kashmir issue is solved.

Their can only be mutual trust when the Kashmir issue is solved. We have been doing it India's way with the trade and economic collabrations, nows its time are way is tried which is solving the Kashmir issue.

And how do you propose to resolve the greatest of the disputes in the absence of trust? Kashmir resolution could possibly require both India & Pakistan to take hard decisions. Why do you think that one would be willing to bite a bullet for his enemy?

Lets keep one thing clear in mind that is india will not give an inch of land not without a fight. The question is our we in a position to fight a war now specially when both the nations are nuclear power. A big NO comes into my mind. The reason is that it wouldnt be fair to risk millions of life to liberate Kashmir on both sides of the border.

Trade talks are no big deal. But the core issue between are two nations, Kashmir needs to be resolved. You talk of economy right. Lets say if the Kashmir issue is solved tomorrow, billions of dollars that go into the Army can go into lifting the economy. All that money can be used too build schools, raise the standard of living, education and all sorts of other benefits will come as soon as the Kashmir issue is solved.

I doubt military spending works that way...its not like India has inadequate funding to build schools or anything.

My point is, that if the economies of India and Pakistan are interlinked by trade, the price of war would be much higher than it is at the moment. In a scenario where war is unrealistic, both countries can work more amiably towards the solution for this problem.

As things stand today, there is no scope for movement, since neither side is willing to demilitarize, lest the other rush in to take its place.

Ah! the beauty of the dynasty politics that plague the sub-continent, filled with the westernized alcohol drinking, adulterating kleptomaniacs.When people like these stand up make a claim for the leadership of a "Muslim" country....and then the people choose them..well let just say they only thing "PAK" in Pakistan are the graves of saints,warriors and activities like Jinnah and Iqbal. I am personally glad this is happening, I hope the simpletons that voted again and again for these parties get what they deserve and those who did not vote to suffer for their complicity.

Dear Imran,

Are you aware that Jinnah was also a westernised alcohol drinking and pork eating person who gave you Pakistan ? The simpeltons who voted for zardari also voted for the Gen M a few years back. Why did you not criticse them then ? Have u seen Gen M's hotel bill for two days stay in London ? I thinks its time to move on and let Zardari do his job. You never know he may have learnt his lessons and may do a real good job.

Regards

Will the Army allow that to happen ? That is Divert their funds to go for social purposes ?

I sadly don't think so. Kashmir has not been solved for the last 60 years militarily so how is going to be solved in the next 5 years. I think the trade via Dubai between India and Pakistan is already worth billions so Zardari is doing the right thing.

Regards

A person is not remembered because of what he ate or drunk, rather by his work and what he has done. In case of Zardari, no further elaboration is needed.

A person is not remembered because of what he ate or drunk, rather by his work and what he has done. In case of Zardari, no further elaboration is needed.

So lets give Zardari and Sharif time to see what they achieve as they have been elected by the Pakistani people!

Regards

i dont quite understand the resistance to this statement by zardari, if one was to reflect back on the tenure of mush then for a fact the pakistani stand has shifted, though not spoken so loudly in public, but for a fact it is Mush who has realised that he and pakistan cant be too aggressive on kashmir issue, rather i was watching ndtv today and this is exactly what Fahim was saying that if anyone then it is mush who has already put the so-called "K" word in the back burner so why blame anyone else.

Bring him in front of me i will teach him how to over turn the tune ;)

oh janaji i thought you would be aware who karan thapar was, as u have a lot of jurno friends in india. :azn:

Dear Jana,

Please don't make your first appearence on an Indian TV channel. Hope to see you one day on BBC.

Regards

As guest or as a host ???? ;)

i guess i might get the first choice in India soon as i may visit India in May :)

i dont quite understand the resistance to this statement by zardari, if one was to reflect back on the tenure of mush then for a fact the pakistani stand has shifted, though not spoken so loudly in public, but for a fact it is Mush who has realised that he and pakistan cant be too aggressive on kashmir issue, rather i was watching ndtv today and this is exactly what Fahim was saying that if anyone then it is mush who has already put the so-called "K" word in the back burner so why blame anyone else.

Well first of all no one making mount out of mole in Paksitan over Zardari's statment as there is no projection of that in the media.
Secondly as far as stance of Pakistan well give me 30 minuts i will reply your above post in detail.

oh janaji i thought you would be aware who karan thapar was, as u have a lot of jurno friends in india. :azn:

:) i am aware and what i said i said it with full conviction ;)

BTW i get to know you in detail beacuse its surprising how do you know i have jurno friends in India :woot:

Well first of all no one making mount out of mole in Paksitan over Zardari's statment as there is no projection of that in the media.
Secondly as far as stance of Pakistan well give me 30 minuts i will reply your above post in detail.

:) i am aware and what i said i said it with full conviction ;)

BTW i get to know you in detail beacuse its surprising how do you know i have jurno friends in India :woot:

oh! dont bother jana dont we all love :-)smitten:) u so much here in india :lol::lol::lol:

its nice to see people have not got too excited over this statement by zardari in pakistan. this gives a sense that people in pakistan are more or less accepting the fact that if army could not do much in the last 8 years then the process will take its own time, and probably not much will change on ground, though ur (pakistan's) certain friends must be very hurt as this will become the official stand of pakistan once the new government happens.

oh! dont bother jana dont we all love :-)smitten:) u so much here in india :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: yeh yeh Indians are sworn friends of mine and i know the amount of love i get from you guys in shape of mounds of abusive mails. :P
BTW i dont get botherd its otherway round.

its nice to see people have not got too excited over this statement by zardari in pakistan. this gives a sense that people in pakistan are more or less accepting the fact that if army could not do much in the last 8 years then the process will take its own time, and probably not much will change on ground, though ur (pakistan's) certain friends must be very hurt as this will become the official stand of pakistan once the new government happens.

Dont try to live in fantasies dear. As i am not talking about the reaction of Pakistani masses towards Asif Zardari's statment i was talking about our media.

Above all we are not accepting this fantasy that there is no soultion to Kashmir problem.
We do believe in right of freedom of Kashmiris and we do believe that the land of Kashmiris should be given back to them which was illegaly occupied by India and the Indian army using the same land for lashing brutalities on innocent Kashmiris.

As far the official stand of the new government of Pakistan :) well my dear Suppose even it becomes so, the government will be for five years not forever.

But that too if it becomes the official stand in the first place.

As far change well who knows the strategic intrest of world powers will not be in the area in coming years.

As a Muslim at least i never give up hope :pakflag:

Back
Top Bottom