What's new

Serious Problems With Oplot Surfaced During Trials..

i think, in Pakistan it is likely to have our own FCS autoloader and specially the gun......

All in use in AK. Ukraine had offered 60% domestic manufacturing.

IMO ... what is the point of the Haider program when the MBTs the PAA looked at are so structurally similar to the AK2?

From the weight (50-55 tons), gun type, armour tech, etc, there doesn't seem to be much in Haider other than accelerating new MBT procurement. However, HIT's output isn't exactly at full capacity either, so this need to import another - and broadly similar - MBT type makes limited sense.

Heck, the VT4 itself is a descendant of the same MBT-2000 platform of the AK-series; the AK2 could functionally be similar to the VT4, if not better in some respects (e.g. 1,500 hp vs 1,300 hp engine).

If the PA wants to pursue a parallel MBT, then it should be a markedly different design to the AK2. In other words, either examine a lower-cost design to build up numbers (e.g. fitting a tracked IFV with a turret and gun) OR go heavy, e.g. Altay.

IMO ... what is the point of the Haider program when the MBTs the PAA looked at are so structurally similar to the AK2?

From the weight (50-55 tons), gun type, armour tech, etc, there doesn't seem to be much in Haider other than accelerating new MBT procurement. However, HIT's output isn't exactly at full capacity either, so this need to import another - and broadly similar - MBT type makes limited sense.

Heck, the VT4 itself is a descendant of the same MBT-2000 platform of the AK-series; the AK2 could functionally be similar to the VT4, if not better in some respects (e.g. 1,500 hp vs 1,300 hp engine).

If the PA wants to pursue a parallel MBT, then it should be a markedly different design to the AK2. In other words, either examine a lower-cost design to build up numbers (e.g. fitting a tracked IFV with a turret and gun) OR go heavy, e.g. Altay.
I think a few months ago we heard the news that PA has shown interest in T90S or MS i.e. the latest iteration of T-90..how does it compare with AK-II? Altay is a good option if we can get licence production and TOT.

I think a few months ago we heard the news that PA has shown interest in T90S or MS i.e. the latest iteration of T-90..how does it compare with AK-II? Altay is a good option if we can get licence production and TOT.

T-90 series have problems of their own.

Nothing is problem free what matters is you have capacity to make your own or with Collaboration with turkey

Pakistan started the Al Khalid program in 1990 we should be making all necessary tech for next model by now it is 40 years

IMO the biggest thing the T-90-series has going for it is scale - i.e. with lots of tanks built for various countries (incl. India), it should be cost-effective. However, getting it with ToT is unclear to me because HIT is already under capacity re: the AK-series.

How about testing Turkish Altay?
I doubt it even in Al Khalid we changed everything Chinese in it. From engine to other stuff. Same will happen with OPLOT or VT 4 or which ever Tank will be selected we would have lot of changes in them before we induct them

These behemoth vehicles are a relic of past. Many countries researching and producing unmanned anti tank drones, both ground and air.
It will be real easy to blast a tank from up to 3 miles using small UGV/UAV at a fraction of a cost of a big tank plus saving lives. These autonomous vehicles are versatile and multirole.

Last edited:
Actually T-90 showed many issues in Azerbaijani army.. i tell you from real sources in the army... Even in the beginning they sought Russia gave them old tanks...

Didnt you know? Russians have repainted some from existing stocks, added few goodies and sold you those.

Also, they have hundreds parked in warehouses at Tagil, the ones that were made for the Russian army but they refused to induct them. Instead, they preferred upgrading the t-80B and U to UE-1 and UA standard, along with t-72 to B3 level and further if needed.

Dude you are testing a tank in world toughest terrain and battle ground . Hardly any tank survive in such extreme heat in mud, desert, extreme soft sand.

Dude, these issues could have been handled easily. This suggests faults in the manufacturing process. The UD never had such problems even during its preliminary trials at Bahawalpur and Tamewala region.

Didnt you know? Russians have repainted some from existing stocks, added few goodies and sold you those.

Also, they have hundreds parked in warehouses at Tagil, the ones that were made for the Russian army but they refused to induct them. Instead, they preferred upgrading the t-80B and U to UE-1 and UA standard, along with t-72 to B3 level and further if needed.

Dude, these issues could have been handled easily. This suggests faults in the manufacturing process. The UD never had such problems even during its preliminary trials at Bahawalpur and Tamewala region.
So, you suggest it quality control issue ?. Or Tank show far less terrain endurance in long term test. I know UD is PA service for long time.

Back
Top Bottom