What's new

Sepoy to Commissioned officer

Vrix

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A.O.A

I wanted to know if a person who has joined the army as a sepoy newly can become a commisioned officer. If yes then what are the requirements beside Inter with 55% marks. And there are few questions i have, for which i would be gald if answered properly by someone with ample knowledge or is serving in the forces rn.

1. Is there a requirement for that sepoy to first serve for at least a certain amount of time or he can apply for commission right after he has joined.
2. Does he have to go undergo the initial tests alongside civilian candidates (Physical,Academic,Medical, Interview) or he appears in the ISSB directly
3. Will he be provided any sort of training for ISSB by the army or he has to prepare for it all by himself
4. Will he be treated as any other regular commissioned officer or is there a Rank cap for him that he can't go above a certain rank

I would be greatly thankful for a proper answer. Have a good one, Allah Hafiz

Yes u can if u have FA or BA certificate u can apply like all others will have to pass ISSB.i remember there were non commissioned guys with me on kohat ISSB center two were from PAF and Two were Army but all were for PMA.

You can. Don't know about present requirements. My father joined PAF in the 70's but not as an officer. He got his diploma through PAF.

He then applied for all three services but got reply from the army first and joined PMA.

Capt karnal Sher khan nh was aero tech in paf who joined army as an officer afterwards I think so is the case of major bhatti Nh

Yes you can. I think General Musa Khan was also a sepoy who become General of PA later

A.O.A

I wanted to know if a person who has joined the army as a sepoy newly can become a commisioned officer. If yes then what are the requirements beside Inter with 55% marks. And there are few questions i have, for which i would be gald if answered properly by someone with ample knowledge or is serving in the forces rn.

1. Is there a requirement for that sepoy to first serve for at least a certain amount of time or he can apply for commission right after he has joined.
2. Does he have to go undergo the initial tests alongside civilian candidates (Physical,Academic,Medical, Interview) or he appears in the ISSB directly
3. Will he be provided any sort of training for ISSB by the army or he has to prepare for it all by himself
4. Will he be treated as any other regular commissioned officer or is there a Rank cap for him that he can't go above a certain rank

I would be greatly thankful for a proper answer. Have a good one, Allah Hafiz

one of my family member was sepoy and during his initial training they were told about the recruitment of commissioned officer and those who have 55% in FSC can apply directly through training center and those who will apply will be prepared for the test by the newly appointed commissioned officer posted in that unit and yes they have to clear ISSB

Yes He can

There is no limit or cap on what ranks you can go and it wont make any sense either

You have to go through all the tests just like everyone else, because being an officer who is responsible for several soldiers can't be some one who is lacking in something.

There is no preparation meant to be for ISSB, go and present your natural self. ISSB is more about your psychology than academics. And no preparation can change your psychology except teach you how to fake yourself as some one else but is that really what you want to be?

^^ you are factually wrong
In fact there is system in army for selection of officers. anyone can apply and if he can pass all exams and medical requirements. many soldiers yearly join PMA courses.

Yes, and OCs / COs encourage them who they think deserved or are good enough.
I know some cases in PAF where JCOs tooka chance and went to Risalpur, even some W/O and CWO, that time Master Warrant Officer went to Risalpur, and for those who know there uses to be a Program / System / Course called BLPC.

Back
Top Bottom