What's new

Separatist Shabir Shah's Daughter Tops Class 12 Exam in Jammu and Kashmir

ayesha.a

Reaction score
Country
India
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/sep...mmu-and-kashmir-1858441?pfrom=home-topstories

sama-shabir.jpg

New Delhi: Sama Shabir, the daughter of Kashmiri separatist leader Shabir Ahmad Shah, has topped the Class 12 board exams in Jammu and Kashmir, conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education. A student of Delhi Public School in Srinagar, she scored 489 out of 500, with 99% in history.

Part of the success story involved learning her lessons outside Delhi's Tihar jail, waiting to meet her father.

"When you go to Tihar, you are made to wait for four to five hours. Then, we could communicate for 20 minutes, that too not face to face but on the microphone. I used to say I have waited for five hours, I have my CBSE exams, let me take my book inside but they never allowed. So until the jail gates opened, I used to study outside," Sama told NDTV.

Shabir Shah has spent nearly half his life, around 30 years, in jails. Last year, he was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate for his alleged involvement in a money laundering case and has been in Tihar jail since.

Sama says she has been traumatised by the experience, especially when the investigators questioned her mother several times. All of this was aggravated by the constant strikes when schools were closed for days together.

"It's very difficult for a student to study in Kashmir because we don't have usual academic calendar. There are hartals every other day," said Sama.

Sama credits her mother for much of her academic success. Dr Bilquees, a doctor by profession has raised her two daughters almost single handedly, ensuring their father's politics did not distract them from their studies

"We faced lot of psychological and physical trauma this year. I always believed that she would do well. She has been a brilliant student and this time she has really made us proud," said Dr Bilquees.

Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti has congratulated Sama, calling her an inspiration for the state's youth.

In Pakistan and around the world, Students credit hard work of teachers, dedication of the institution and the identity/love of their country also for their success, not happening in this case.

Yeah like Malala and her friends right? Anyways, we expect the youths in Kashmir to keep this brilliant girl as an example and choose books over guns so that every child in the valley can pursue his/her dreams.

Congrats to this girl. Hope other kashmiris will follow her footsteps and take up books instead of stone.

In Pakistan and around the world, Students credit hard work of teachers, dedication of the institution and the identity/love of their country also for their success, not happening in this case.

Don't worry, on certificate ... When students fill the school and education form then need to fill column with bold letter " nationality - Indian"

Yeah like Malala and her friends right?
I can see my post has caused a few burns but always research before giving example which has no correlation here.
Anyways, we expect the youths in Kashmir to keep this brilliant girl as an example and choose books over guns so that every child in the valley can pursue his/her dreams.
The clear difference between expectations and effort is seen in this topic, its just individual effort by that girl with or without expectations from you folks.

Don't worry, on certificate ... When students fill the school and education form then need to fill column with bold letter " nationality - Indian"
Wonderful Logic, Have you seen the movie, A Knights Tale? It portrays that what a knight is in a heart than on a paper, a difference i wouldn't expect you to understand.

Important question is

Biryani me aaloo pasand hain ya nahi !!

I can see my post has caused a few burns but always research before giving example which has no correlation here.

The clear difference between expectations and effort is seen in this topic, its just individual effort by that girl with or without expectations from you folks.

Nobody is denying and we are not taking credit for the young lady's effort but looking forward with hope for the day these children are freed from the clutches of extremism.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/sep...mmu-and-kashmir-1858441?pfrom=home-topstories

sama-shabir.jpg

New Delhi: Sama Shabir, the daughter of Kashmiri separatist leader Shabir Ahmad Shah, has topped the Class 12 board exams in Jammu and Kashmir, conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education. A student of Delhi Public School in Srinagar, she scored 489 out of 500, with 99% in history.

Part of the success story involved learning her lessons outside Delhi's Tihar jail, waiting to meet her father.

"When you go to Tihar, you are made to wait for four to five hours. Then, we could communicate for 20 minutes, that too not face to face but on the microphone. I used to say I have waited for five hours, I have my CBSE exams, let me take my book inside but they never allowed. So until the jail gates opened, I used to study outside," Sama told NDTV.

Shabir Shah has spent nearly half his life, around 30 years, in jails. Last year, he was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate for his alleged involvement in a money laundering case and has been in Tihar jail since.

Sama says she has been traumatised by the experience, especially when the investigators questioned her mother several times. All of this was aggravated by the constant strikes when schools were closed for days together.

"It's very difficult for a student to study in Kashmir because we don't have usual academic calendar. There are hartals every other day," said Sama.

Sama credits her mother for much of her academic success. Dr Bilquees, a doctor by profession has raised her two daughters almost single handedly, ensuring their father's politics did not distract them from their studies

"We faced lot of psychological and physical trauma this year. I always believed that she would do well. She has been a brilliant student and this time she has really made us proud," said Dr Bilquees.

Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti has congratulated Sama, calling her an inspiration for the state's youth.
Sad to see she dropped her father's name from the CBSE rolls. She is only Sama Shabir. Not Sama Shabir Shah.
Afzal Gurus son did not do this. Just keep her in your dua.
Congrats to the child.

Yeah like Malala and her friends right? Anyways, we expect the youths in Kashmir to keep this brilliant girl as an example and choose books over guns so that every child in the valley can pursue his/her dreams.
Lol. The two are mutually exclusive. If at all there may be an inverse proportional link there.
Kashmir was silent as long as it was uneducated. When Muslims became educated thanks to Govt education programs they have risen up to demand their right. This is true all over the world.

Lol. The two are mutually exclusive. If at all there may be an inverse proportional link there.
Kashmir was silent as long as it was uneducated. When Muslims became educated thanks to Govt education programs they have risen up to demand their right. This is true all over the world.

Come on !! Freedom of Speech and expression is common for all , be it a Muslim, Hindu or any other. The land has been the ground zero for wars and terrorism for decades, so much so that it became easier for our adversaries to play the religious card. "The sand is easier to dig when wet".

There dreams are the completion of Partition so they don't have to live with hindus

Educated youth tend to be most involved in Kashmiri independence movement

Its the ignorant who accept their lives will never change

There dreams are the completion of Partition so they don't have to live with hindus

Educated youth tend to be most involved in Kashmiri independence movement

Its the ignorant who accept their lives will never change

We leave it for their choice Those who don't want to co-exist can leave, and those who want can stay. Those who seek peace can contribute to the betterment of the nation and those who seek hell can continue to fight.

We leave it for their choice Those who don't want to co-exist can leave, and those who want can stay. Those who seek peace can contribute to the betterment of the nation and those who seek hell can continue to fight.

They simply want Partition as was promised them

The threat Jinnah perceived from a hindu majority increasingly enamoured by a hindutva narrative is real, im surprised it taken this long but the conversation is stark and clearly written and stated across indian social media and mainstream media

Indian muslims can live like dogs or fight back thats their own choice and a indian matter

Kashmir isnt, its unfinished business, a muslim majority state that resents hindu occupation and being subjected to threats to their culture, faith and way of life by more and more hindutva goons

Back
Top Bottom