What's new

Separate South Punjab province to be established this year: Qureshi

I am saying something controversial but we need a lot more provinces to better manage Pakistan 70% of Pakistan is Punjab and it would help if we have atleast 3 provinces, Bahawalpur, south Punjab and north Punjab, Sind needs two as well, Sind south and Sind north. Sind south till nawabshah and the rest of it Sindh north. Kp already is 3 provinces , Gilgit-Baltistan blatistan, KP and Fata which should be its own province , two provinces in Balochistan I.e. East and west right dab in the middle.

On top of this a lot more autonomy should be given to local governments including policing with taxation powers I.e. municipal taxes . A lot like New York or London or Toronto.

one thing that I think that will help a lot in all this is to have jury’s in courts which will force judicial reform moreover there should be a committee of judges, bureaucrats/police, bar association members and common people that recommend changes to laws at every level of government I.e municipal , provincial and federal.

I know this sounds far fetched but 20 years ago, if you told me we would have alkhalid 1 and if-17 I Wouldn’t believed you.
Kv

I am saying something controversial but we need a lot more provinces to better manage Pakistan 70% of Pakistan is Punjab and it would help if we have atleast 3 provinces, Bahawalpur, south Punjab and north Punjab, Sind needs two as well, Sind south and Sind north. Sind south till nawabshah and the rest of it Sindh north. Kp already is 3 provinces , Gilgit-Baltistan blatistan, KP and Fata which should be its own province , two provinces in Balochistan I.e. East and west right dab in the middle.

On top of this a lot more autonomy should be given to local governments including policing with taxation powers I.e. municipal taxes . A lot like New York or London or Toronto.

one thing that I think that will help a lot in all this is to have jury’s in courts which will force judicial reform moreover there should be a committee of judges, bureaucrats/police, bar association members and common people that recommend changes to laws at every level of government I.e municipal , provincial and federal.

I know this sounds far fetched but 20 years ago, if you told me we would have alkhalid 1 and if-17 I Wouldn’t believed you.
Kv
Sindh needs 3 Atleast. Anything less would be useless for Sindh:

1. North Sindh
2. South Sindh
3. Karachi

Good news. Alhamdulilah.

First FATA merger, now Janoobi Punjab, next GB and AJK provinces.

The most important step should be getting rid of A and B areas of Baluchistan, bringing a uniform set-up, and the urban/rural set-up in Sind needs to be done with. These set-ups are limiting the growth of these two provinces.

Then bring about new provinces, the creation of South Punjab province will certainly break the stigma of a new province being created, everyone seems so unsure.

GB and AJK province will badly affect the Kashmir issue, sorry but I am strongly opposed to that, some sort of arrangement could be bought in for GB, but not for AJK.

Sindh needs 3 Atleast. Anything less would be useless for Sindh:

1. North Sindh
2. South Sindh
3. Karachi
It would not be fare to Sind of Sind urban becomes a province it would have to be up to nawabshah and things beyond a. Separate province.

kv

The most important step should be getting rid of A and B areas of Baluchistan, bringing a uniform set-up, and the urban/rural set-up in Sind needs to be done with. These set-ups are limiting the growth of these two provinces.

Then bring about new provinces, the creation of South Punjab province will certainly break the stigma of a new province being created, everyone seems so unsure.

GB and AJK province will badly affect the Kashmir issue, sorry but I am strongly opposed to that, some sort of arrangement could be bought in for GB, but not for AJK.
Creation of Small Provinces will AUTOMATICALLY put pressure on the remaining provinces to split accordingly otherwise they will be OUTNUMBERED in the Senate

It would not be fare to Sind of Sind urban becomes a province it would have to be up to nawabshah and things beyond a. Separate province.

kv
Karachi needs a separate administrative IDENTITY just like Beijing, Shanghai and 2 other cities in China.
Below is the reference for your understanding.
All are the top most industrialized regions in China free from the shackles of Provincial Politics.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200903-024110.png
    Screenshot_20200903-024110.png
    201 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20200903-024205.png
    Screenshot_20200903-024205.png
    213 KB · Views: 19
Karachi needs a separate administrative IDENTITY just like Beijing, Shanghai and 2 other cities in China.
Below is the reference for your understanding.
All are the top most industrialized regions in China free from the shackles of Provincial Politics.

agreed but that’s municipal government not provincial

kv

Kv
does each unit has the capacity to function..

the answer is No

first you need to built up the relevant authorities and bureaucracy by creating sub divisions then ofcouse you can go ahead and dvide the provinces

does each unit has the capacity to function..

the answer is No

first you need to built up the relevant authorities and bureaucracy by creating sub divisions then ofcouse you can go ahead and dvide the provinces
We will need to build these up over time. There needs to be distribution of labor. This is no different for how my company establish a new unit. We move existing resources based on the market demand and as the unit becomes more successful we pump funds to hire further resources.

in a provincial case administration exists on paper To address the needs of the current population. Once new provinces are created we can hire further people as needed.
Kv

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom