What's new

Separate South Punjab province to be established this year: Qureshi

it is the need of the time but how would resources would be divided with out creating trouble? i heard that north punjab does not have enough resources to survive . is it true?
90% resources come from federation which are divided based upon population ..with all money spent on subsidiary of metro

Cities need to learn to pay for their own water carbage and metros

name it Hari Pagri Province.

More than half of hazard past I think bafa speaks pushto so would not go along and what’s left is too small so division is good enough

Plus under pti it’s now not just Peshawar or Mardan center of gravity but the whole providence so the need has subsided

Anyway if there is still need based on administrative and common man access perspective than sure

This division of punjab can turn ugly over time and thus needs to be done purely and purely from an administrative perspective. The areas that share the same issues or problems without bothering about ethnicity or linguistic preferences should be combined into a separate province. The province is beinv divided for population uplift and better administrative oversight and not for any other reason. Same way future option of including a tehsil or district from balochistan or sindh into tgis province should be kept open.

It should be named something other then punjab. Better local names then ethnic ones.
Multan would be better or any name which used to be in old times..

The name 'Punjab' is not ethnic at all. It is perfectly geographic; five rivers, named after the five major rivers running through it. It is the Punjabi ethnicity which takes its name from the geographic region of Punjab. The name of the new province should be 'South Punjab' since that is exactly what it is, i.e. the southern part of the historical geographic region of Punjab.

The name 'Punjab' is not ethnic at all. It is perfectly geographic; five rivers, named after the five major rivers running through it. It is the Punjabi ethnicity which takes its name from the geographic region of Punjab. The name of the new province should be 'South Punjab' since that is exactly what it is, i.e. the southern part of the historical geographic region of Punjab.
Who are we to quarrel over names.
Yes punjab do mean land of 5 rivers.
But the truth now is that the punjabi and is just ethnicity.
We must make more provinces and let the local People select names for themselves . To me it would be far better to have a local name.

Yes punjab do mean land of 5 rivers.
We must make more provinces and let the local People select names for themselves . To me it would be far better to have a local name.
What do you mean let the locals choose you must smoking some cheap weed. why the **** would the locals care clearly even if we go ahead with asking the locals it would be a shit idea as south Punjab encloses various types ethnic groups so many people will have some local sindhi balochi or pashto name to suggest that would have no relation to the region.As a more experienced member suggested in his post before.You know since its pakistan people usually don't give a **** about choosing names for areas.So it should be South Punjab as its clearly suited to the geographical location of the area.Naming it south Punjab also implies it's still part of the greater Punjab (not including Indian punjab) in a sense just governed separately.

Last edited:
pti is trying to reduce punjabi power by splitting them and causing infighting.

Pakistanis?

It is a land with thousands of years of history? History that also belongs to the people living in its southern reaches?

'Junubi Punjab' isn't local? Are you proposing that the name be ethnically derived? To colour the division ethnic? If so, then which ethnicity out of the many that live their? Know what the Hazaras say about KPK?

Not a problem for pti as pti will just get more majority in Senate if that happens :D

Yeah, but in general elections, Noon League will probably get a decent amount of votes there to be honest, if they play their cards right.

Not a problem for pti as pti will just get more majority in Senate if that happens :D

Area wise it would be 50-50 but in terms of population its more or less 65-35 but the real magic happens in the political divide north punjab has a pmln majority while south has a clear pti majority

That means PML-N will come back to power in North Punjab ?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom