What's new

Senior Air India Pilot, Found Guilty Of Sexual Harassment, Reinstated

Status
Not open for further replies.

War Thunder

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Air India: Captain Sachin Gupta was accused of sexual harassment by a pilot who had been training under him.

New Delhi:

A senior Air India pilot, who was suspended in May last year after being accused of sexual harassment by a woman colleague, has been reinstated, senior officials said.

The airline's internal complaints committee imposed a "major penalty" on Captain Sachin Gupta, who has now appealed against the punishment, they said. "The Internal Complaints Committee of Air India conducted an inquiry and found Captain Sachin Gupta guilty of misconduct," PS Negi, Air India's Regional Director told news agency PTI.

"In keeping with service regulations, Captain Sachin Gupta has now appealed to the Chairman and Managing Director against the punishment awarded. The said appeal on merit will be examined and considered by the competent appellate authority in due course of time," he added.

Another senior Air India official told PTI that Sachin Gupta has been "reinstated as instructor".

Air India had suspended Sachin Gupta last year over the sexual harassment allegations, telling him that "pending enquiry, he would not enter Air India premises without written permission".

The woman, who had been training under Sachin Gupta in Hyderabad, said he asked her if she would go out for dinner with him.

"We went to a restaurant at around 8 pm and this is where my ordeal started.... He started with telling me how depressed and unhappy he was in his married life," the woman said in her complaint.

"He also asked me how I coped with my husband living away and if I didn't need to have sex every day. He asked me if I masturbated. At one point I told him I did not want to talk about all this and called a cab," she added.

"I was left shocked at this behaviour and felt extremely uncomfortable, scared and humiliated," she said.

The woman said she felt "morally obliged" to report this matter to the airline so that such behaviour is not repeated with anyone else in the future.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/sen...uilty-of-sexual-harassment-reinstated-2166291

I feel for the poor women there. They should get a country for themselves too.

Air India: Captain Sachin Gupta was accused of sexual harassment by a pilot who had been training under him.

New Delhi:

A senior Air India pilot, who was suspended in May last year after being accused of sexual harassment by a woman colleague, has been reinstated, senior officials said.

The airline's internal complaints committee imposed a "major penalty" on Captain Sachin Gupta, who has now appealed against the punishment, they said. "The Internal Complaints Committee of Air India conducted an inquiry and found Captain Sachin Gupta guilty of misconduct," PS Negi, Air India's Regional Director told news agency PTI.

"In keeping with service regulations, Captain Sachin Gupta has now appealed to the Chairman and Managing Director against the punishment awarded. The said appeal on merit will be examined and considered by the competent appellate authority in due course of time," he added.

Another senior Air India official told PTI that Sachin Gupta has been "reinstated as instructor".

Air India had suspended Sachin Gupta last year over the sexual harassment allegations, telling him that "pending enquiry, he would not enter Air India premises without written permission".

The woman, who had been training under Sachin Gupta in Hyderabad, said he asked her if she would go out for dinner with him.

"We went to a restaurant at around 8 pm and this is where my ordeal started.... He started with telling me how depressed and unhappy he was in his married life," the woman said in her complaint.

"He also asked me how I coped with my husband living away and if I didn't need to have sex every day. He asked me if I masturbated. At one point I told him I did not want to talk about all this and called a cab," she added.

"I was left shocked at this behaviour and felt extremely uncomfortable, scared and humiliated," she said.

The woman said she felt "morally obliged" to report this matter to the airline so that such behaviour is not repeated with anyone else in the future.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/sen...uilty-of-sexual-harassment-reinstated-2166291

I feel for the poor women there. They should get a country for themselves too.

There is nothing here that calls for a dismissal.

She accepted his invitation to dinner and when she left, he did not stop her. He made a move which was unethical since the women concerned was married AND his student, but since there was no violence involved or even threat of violence there is no need for a more stronger action.

His permanent record will forever show this as a negative and will affect his promotion and career and reputation for the rest of his life.

There is nothing here that calls for a dismissal.

She accepted his invitation to dinner and when she left, he did not stop her. He made a move which was unethical since the women concerned was married AND his student, but since there was no violence involved or even threat of violence there is no need for a more stronger action.

His permanent record will forever show this as a negative and will affect his promotion and career and reputation for the rest of his life.
the report called sexual harassment, if that situation as you told why he has accusation of SEXUAL HARASSMENT, PLEASE TELL US

were you raped as a child by your rss school teacher?

You posts seem to suggest a tendency for repressed sexual violence. Get help before you land up in jail.

the report called sexual harassment, if that situation as you told why he has accusation of SEXUAL HARASSMENT, PLEASE TELL US

It IS sexual harassment. Why the confusion ?

Why Hindus are not allowed to do second marriage?

LOL. What ? :lol:

https://www.divorceematrimony.com

https://www.mysecondmarriage.com/

https://www.secondshaadi.com/

http://thesecondmarriage.com/

It IS sexual harassment. Why the confusion ?
do you know what is the meaning of SEXUAL HARASSMENT, According to your posted situation (above post of yours) there are no SEXUAL HARASSMENT case

do you know what is the meaning of SEXUAL HARASSMENT, According to your posted situation (above post of yours) there are no SEXUAL HARASSMENT case

You have sever reading comprehension limitations.

Nothing a good school education can't fix. All the best.

You have sever reading comprehension limitations.

Nothing a good school education can't fix. All the best.
Now this is called you're retard, i am living and studying in USA i know better then you, he invited her for dinner, she leaves and he didn't stop her so how it has become sexual harassment case???

Now this is called you're retard, i am living and studying in USA i know better then you, he invited her for dinner, she leaves and he didn't stop her so how it has become sexual harassment case???

Because she was his student AND he was her superior in the work place.

Now we can all see who is the retard. lol.

By second marriage, I mean two wives at a time, not marriage after divorce. Keeps the man cool.

Its something called the "Constitution of India" and 'LAW". You might have heard of it.

Its something called the "Constitution of India" and 'LAW". You might have heard of it.
Does he acted something wrong with her or speaks/use some sexual abusive languages with her, please tell us, if not then how this case become sexual harassment case, i don't understand:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Does he acted something wrong with her or speaks/use some sexual abusive languages with her, please tell us, if not then how this case become sexual harassment case, i don't understand:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::crazy::crazy::crazy:

'Sexual harassment' is any form of unwelcome sexual behaviour that's offensive, humiliating or intimidating.

It was all three to the woman who did not go to dinner expect any of these.

'Sexual harassment' is any form of unwelcome sexual behaviour that's offensive, humiliating or intimidating.

It was all three to the woman who did not go to dinner expect any of these.
So trying to say he acted sexually against her, thanks for clarification

My question was, why the people who were making that constitution were unaware of this very human manly thing.

My question was, why the people who were making that constitution were unaware of this very human manly thing.

Those making the constitution was also aware of the Human Male female population ratio is 1:1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom