What's new

Sell-off in India's Adani deepens to $50 billion

I fail to see how one guy can have the expertise to run ports, airports, power plants, renewables and defense projects. The guy is a college dropout. Please no comparisons to Bill Gates or Zuckerberg
I smell a heavy dose of political cronyism. A guy who was unknown 10 years back vs. Tata, L&T, etc., who have done major engineering/infrastructure work for decades systematically excluded.

I smell a heavy dose of political cronyism. A guy who was unknown 10 years back vs. Tata, L&T, etc., who have done major engineering/infrastructure work for decades systematically excluded.
What are you even talking about. Tata, L&T are deeply entrenched just as Adani is. I would call these guys “too big to fail” as well. They are in most government projects and directly handles internal processes for most government ministries.

Now, Tata is a conglomerate unlike any other in the world with ethical consideration built into its core governance structure. So you’ll be hard pressed to see them cut corners on compliances. They usually over achieve.

Now, Tata is a conglomerate unlike any other in the world with ethical consideration built into its core governance structure. So you’ll be hard pressed to see them cut corners on compliances. They usually over achieve.
Exactly, if Tata had their finger in every pie, it is not concerning. They have been around for 100 years, and everyone knows their values and rules they play by. If someone shows up 10 years back and grabs half of national investment in infrastructure, it doesn't have the same ring as Tata.

What?! It’s not Gautam Adani the man managing individual ports and defense projects.

Like any conglomerate business, they have dedicated subsidiaries under the group structure with their own Board of Directors, Professional CXOs and Talent Managers to run the company.

Indian business environment is dominated by large family owned business conglomerates. Adani is not an exception.

Come now, don't be Logical.

Its not as if they don't know how Large industries and Corporations are run.

They just like to "believe" that Indians don't know how to run them.

Just like its Modi who is really making all those decision and its Modi who has rioted in Gujarat in 2002. Its not as if we have a system in place. We are too primitive for that. It has be the the individuals doing it. Just like "hitler".

Here comes the Tin Foil hat and conspiracy theories. :lol:

Last edited:
Come now, don't be Logical.

Its not as if they don't know how Large industries and Corporations are run.

They just like to "believe" that Indians don't know who to run them.

Just like its Modi who is really making all those decision and its Modi who has rioted in Gujarat in 2002. Its not as if we have a system in place. We are too primitive for that. It has be the the individuals doing it. Just like "hitler".

Here comes the Tin Foil hat and conspiracy theories. :lol:

Whatever he has done he has created larger new jobs in India thats why the foreigners are mad

What are you even talking about. Tata, L&T are deeply entrenched just as Adani is. I would call these guys “too big to fail” as well. They are in most government projects and directly handles internal processes for most government ministries.

They are under the impression that these companies don't bid for large projects :P

Apparently only Adani bids for projects in India :lol:

I hope you are aware of the TATA owned airline were accused of financial wrongdoing and corporate governance violations, including at AirAsia India (owned by Tata at that time).

This was highlighted by their Largest Share holder Cyrus Mistry in a letter which claimed “fraudulent transactions and ethical concerns” at AirAsia India revealed by a forensic investigation, and written directly to the directors of Tata Sons.

It was THIS whistle blowing that made the Tata Sons remove Cyrus Mistry, first as the Chairperson of Tata Group and then as Director of Tata Sons.

Did Ratan Tata, AirAsia support global terrorist Malakotipour?

In a petition filed with the National Company Law Tribunal, Cyrus Investments and Sterling Investment Corp, investment companies of the Shapoorji Pallonji Group have accused Tata Sons and Ratan Tata for having dealings with Hamid Reza Malakotipour, an alleged sanctioned global terrorist.

Last edited:

Whatever he has done he has created larger new jobs in India thats why the foreigners are mad

They are mad because their monopolies and "White mans rule" based Order" is collapsing and the rest of the world doesn't seem too worried.

And its only going to get worse for them so expect the attacks to increase.

From "butcher Modi" to "religious intolerance" to "slavery in India" to "pollution in India" to "CoVid deaths in India" etc. They will do what they have done for centuries, run us down and attack us while claiming to be our friends and "good guys".

I fail to see how one guy can have the expertise to run ports, airports, power plants, renewables and defense projects. The guy is a college dropout. Please no comparisons to Bill Gates or Zuckerberg

You do realize he doesn't individually run and manage each and every project his companies are working on. Neither did Zuckerberg or Bill Gates.

Funny thing is for all the ruckus of Modi govt throwing away tax payers at Adani to build his business indian banks have only 30% exposure to Adani groups debt and rest 70% is of foreign financial institutions

Hamara kutta kutta, tumhara kutta Tommy :sarcastic: :sarcastic::sarcastic:

You do realize he doesn't individually run and manage each and every project his companies are working on. Neither did Zuckerberg or Bill Gates.

Funny thing is for all the ruckus of Modi govt throwing away tax payers at Adani to build his business indian banks have only 30% exposure to Adani groups debt and rest 70% is of foreign financial institutions

Bill Gates was a software geek before he started Microsoft. Barring Xbox Microsoft was a collection of software businesses under Gates
You cannot run businesses on which you know nothing. You cannot even hire executives

Seriously you expect him to know anything about aerospace

yeah India is teaming with world class aerospace executives and engineers

Bill Gates was a software geek before he started Microsoft. Barring Xbox Microsoft was a collection of software businesses under Gates
You cannot run businesses on which you know nothing. You cannot even hire executives

Seriously you expect him to know anything about aerospace

yeah India is teaming with world class aerospace executives and engineers

So as per your "logic" he is going to Fail.

So then why so much insecurity ? Let him do and Fail and you can then dance over his grave.

Your butt hurt seems to be because he is succeeding when your kind claimed he cannot.

Since India does not have world class aerospace executives and engineers, there should be no need for a "hindenberg report" to warn US investors to keep off India and Adani.

So as per your "logic" he is going to Fail.

So then why so much insecurity ? Let him do and Fail and you can then dance over his grave.

Your butt hurt seems to be because he is succeeding when your kind claimed he cannot.

Since India does not have world class aerospace executives and engineers, there should be no need for a "hindenberg report" to warn US investors to keep off India and Adani.

I am not insecure. I am surprised it does not hit any of your heads

If the government gives him enough $$$ in crony capitalist model he might not fail. he will control all your airports, ports and power generation facilities and fleece you just like the Pakistani army does with Pakistan.

Short sellers exist in a stock market system. Live with it. They keep management and nvestors honest.

I do not know how much $$$ Adani invested in that aerospace company. I am pointing out sheer lunancy of his foray into the aerospace field.

I am not insecure. I am surprised it does not hit any of your heads

If the government gives him enough $$$ in crony capitalist model he might not fail. he will control all your airports, ports and power generation facilities and fleece you just like the Pakistani army does with Pakistan.

Short sellers exist in a stock market system. Live with it. They keep management and nvestors honest.

I do not know how much $$$ Adani invested in that aerospace company. I am pointing out sheer lunancy of his foray into the aerospace field.

He was a Diamond Trader who designed and built India's first private Port in the dessert Salt plains of Gujarat and then grew it into the largest Port in India.

He was not an engineer or an "economist", so how did he do that?

He then ventured into Green energy and Power generation and transmission without knowing anything about it. He built includes wind power, solar power, and hybrid power projects without ever getting an engineering degrees.

Narayan Murthy an electrical engineer who build Indians largest Software company. He knew nothing about software and yet he succeeded.

Dhurubhai Ambani was a school drop out petrol pump assistant who built up Indian's largest Petro-Chemical conglomerate. How did he do that ?

India has been building Aircrafts and Helicopters since 1940. But apparently India does not have aerospace engineers.

The Indian govt. does not fund Adani, its Adani who fund the govt. Fund their elections and fund the opposition. Do you know who funds Adani ? International Banks and Bonds. 70% of Adani funding comes from these institutions. Not govt.

Adani has no reason to run away since his entire family and assets are in India. Unlike the pakistani generals.

He is the Rockefeller of India. Probably and hopefully a LOT more ethical.

Indians have lived with a LOT worse than stock short sellers. They don't bother us one bit. What bothers us is this deliberate attack on India and Indian businessmen and image. But since this is nothing new, we have learnt to live with it till the day comes when we can return the favor with interest.

If and when he comes to control an extraordinary amount of Indian infra, India will take appropriate actions to safe guard our self interests.

Do you know how we know this ? Because it has all happened in the past and is nothing new. Its just history repeating itself.

Remember Rockefeller ? Standard Oil ?

Modis Godi Media Indians as usual rooting here for Modi's buddy Adani like a band of noisy kauas.

The guy is a number one uneducated fraud and his rise was only through exclusive contracts provided by Modi.

Yeah "transparent bidding process". Right......

Crony Capitalism personified. Nothing more, nothing less.

It's gonna all come down like a house of cards. just watch.

One day it will be taught as a fraud example in MBA textbooks.

Back
Top Bottom